• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Spirit Emerald

blue

gucci
Years
I downloaded 1.1 patch(normal Edition) and started all over again but it seems that i still can't progress due to Pokenav issue. After receiving a Great Ball, he just takes me to Devon Corporation Building and nothing else is happening.

Did you activate any of the events before this event? Anything like receiving the Old Rod, battling the Sinnoh starters or picking up any of the added items? I'm assuming the issue is to do with one of the events before this.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2020
I can´t download it, it says Downloads currently unavailable , when it gonna be avaliable?

swoobat123

Psychic Trainer
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
i use the sav file of the first beta and i can't get pokenav, then i restart new game in beta 1.1 i can't get it too :/

blue

gucci
Years
Download is currently unavailable as I'm fixing the issue which prevents receiving the Pokenav. Should be released later tonight.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2021
Yes i did activated every single(i think so anyway) new event. By that i mean i fought 3 Sinnoh Starters(Caught only Chimchar though) and i also Got Old Rod and picked up 2 evolutionary stones and a TM Return.

blue

gucci
Years
Yes i did activated every single(i think so anyway) new event. By that i mean i fought 3 Sinnoh Starters(Caught only Chimchar though) and i also Got Old Rod and picked up 2 evolutionary stones and a TM Return.

I'm pretty sure it to do with one of the starter scripts or item scripts. The TM, Old Rod and Egg scripts don't seem to effect it as far as I'm aware.

Anyway I've uploaded a new patch which hopefully should fix this, if not then it's only narrowing down the issue and I'll be closer to finding the source.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Well, I did a test of my Emerald 494 patch, and receiving the PokéNav is not an issue. It seems like a script has conflicted with another, causing the event to not happen. I just tested the event, however. I did not look into the actual ROM itself yet. I will when I have the time.

EDIT: I replayed Spirit Emerald, not touching ANY of the new events, and it worked fine. (Walk Through Wall glitch FTW)

I'll play the game regularly as well to see what happens.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
Hmm, also, can you do a list of moves that have incomplete effects?
like Head Smash, that does not seem to do 1/2 recoil damage.
Or does it?

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I tried with the new patch and I still got the glitch where I didn't receive the pokenav :/ I chose torchic as my starter if it matters.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
yeah i got the pokenav glitch too. also i noticed that swift is not working correctly, always deals only 1 damage if it doesnt miss.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
It's the starters.
Got Return tm, the old rod and both eggs and got the Pokenav normally.
I don't think it's Chimchar since it's catchable when looking for Steven (AFTER getting the Nav)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
This is the perfect side hack to play right before ORAS release lol, seems like a great revamp of emerald however I do have a few questions. Did you add in new abilities for Pokemon? (i.e. Technician) and is the Battle Frontier enhanced in any way or does it remain the same?

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 15, 2015
Hey, I patched the latest download to a clean Emerald rom and played through the game without activating any of the avoidable events you added (Old Rod, Return), receiving the eggs was unavoidable. This time I managed to receive the PokeNav and progress with no problems. I would've thought moving the Sinnoh starters helped, if there weren't so many reports of the bug since the latest patch. I'm now up to Norman, and I have a few things to report.

Kinda to be expected, and I'm sure you're aware, but a lot of the events seem to respawn. For instance the elemental stones, Bagon and most notably the Beldom egg, particularly annoying when revisiting the Trick House. But also, I noted on one occasion the Super Potion above Rustboro also respawned, even though that's not anything you added.

Jagged Pass seems to have unaltered encounters. I don't think this is intentional, but either way, it might be nice to bump the levels up a little to match the previous routes.

This was in my first attempt of playing the game, pre-PokeNav dilemma, but Stunky was holding one of those pesky ??????? items.

But so far, everything is quite enjoyable. The sprites are easy on the eyes, the only one that looks a little uncomfortable is Combee, being so close to the ground. But that's forgivable. I think this game has great replay value, I'm already anticipating my next playthrough. Hopefully I won't be on edge about the PokeNav, and things will be a little more polished, i'll let you know if I have anything to report. But you can breathe a sigh of relief that I haven't come across anything majorly catastrophic post-PokeNav.

blue

gucci
Years
I just played through my game. It seems that all the Sinnoh starters have been removed, yet the glitch still happens...

Yeah it's either one of those, the bagon script or elemental stones. I've tested it out and it seems to work when activating the TM, Egg and Old Rod scripts. The Sinnoh starters have been moved to a later area around Slateport City.

swoobat123

Psychic Trainer
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
i found a glitch that when my sylveon use moonblast the rom restart and i can't use it.
great hack btw :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
I liked Expert Emerald, it was a great change to the original. I could ever beat it though...I got stuck at Petalburg Gym because I absolutely suck at double battles, and Norman's pokemon were massively OP'd....However I like how this game looks, I'll have to keep an eye on it. I wish more people used emerald as a ROM base due to the need for the EV berries so I'm glad to see this.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
What's new in version 1.12? I'm asking this because you didn't update the changelog.

Back