• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV My Little Pony

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
I'm pretty sure everyone knows what My Little Pony is at this point. If for some reason you don't, it's basically about the mane six (Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy) going on adventures and finding out about themselves and helping others and learning lessons through the magic of friendship. I've been an avid fan of it since early 2011, I believe, around when Party of One first came out and got addicted to the show through that, and I've been on and off for a while but I'm back now to stay.

Anyways, if you watch My Little Pony, who's your favorite character? Mane Six or other. Did you watch the movie? If so, did you enjoy it, and who's your favorite character from the movie? If not, why? Do you like the spin off series, Equestria Girls? If so, who's your favorite character from it? If not, why? And what's your favorite episode from the TV show? Also, another fun question: What's your favorite movie from the Equestria Girls series?

For me, my favorite character from the TV, Mane Six, is Fluttershy. My favorite from the tv show for a character other than the mane six is Discord. My favorite episode from the TV show is probably Party of One or Green isn't Your Color, and a lot of others. It's hard to pick one. For the movie, I enjoyed it immensely and my favorite character from it is Tempest Shadow. I also very much enjoy Equestria Girls and I hope they make a 5th movie in the series. My favorite character from it is Sunset Shimmer. My favorite movie from the Equestria Girls series is Legend of Everfree.

So uh, just answer the questions and see where it goes from there, I guess.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
I've been a fan as well, since way back in January of 2011. I even have my own OC and I'm posting on a pony-themed imageboard as we speak!

My favourite character is Fluttershy as well, though my favourite episode is Lesson Zero. I'm usually quite up-to-date with the series still, but at the moment I've fallen a bit behind and I'm still only up to Triple Threat. I haven't seen the movie yet either.

I'm really not a fan of the Equestria Girls movies, though... I mean, I've given it a shot and I can tell that Hasbro tried, but the first one just felt like such a stereotypical high school girl movie. That's just not what the series is supposed to be.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
None of them.

Because the show is a Dumpster Fire now.

Even after taking the time to kind of take a 'break' and think about it. I don't feel any differently then I do before.

So I'll be quitting this Dumpster Fire and toxic fandom once and for all.

Consider me an anti-brony now.

Anyone who chooses to stay around what has clearly become a Dumpster Fire and continues to watch has absolutely no common sense in any way whatsoever.

/thread

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
None of them.

Because the show is a Dumpster Fire now.

Even after taking the time to kind of take a 'break' and think about it. I don't feel any differently then I do before.

So I'll be quitting this Dumpster Fire and toxic fandom once and for all.

Consider me an anti-brony now.

Anyone who chooses to stay around what has clearly become a Dumpster Fire and continues to watch has absolutely no common sense in any way whatsoever.

/thread

I'm sorry to hear that you dislike it so much, but as far as I can see you're the only one here who's sounding toxic.

You're entitled to your opinion, just don't be so rude as to make a post in a thread just to shit all over the topic.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I'm sorry to hear that you dislike it so much, but as far as I can see you're the only one here who's sounding toxic.

You're entitled to your opinion, just don't be so rude as to make a post in a thread just to **** all over the topic.

The last time I checked...

It wasn't my fault this Dumpster Fire began shoving horrible, half-assed, half thought out, so-called 'redemptions' that AREN'T REDEMPTIONS AT ALL AND ARE ACTUALLY HORRID down everyone's throats and then expecting everyone to liked said characters that are supposedly 'redeemed' WHEN THEY ACTUALLY AREN'T and then just expecting everyone to act like they are redeemed and to just like them immediately.

To that... the only way I can respond is via this:

tumblr_inline_mpsvq7hHMA1qz4rgp.gif

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
The Mega Champion, I understand you have an opinion. And that's all fine and dandy. But don't you dare come in here and start shitting on other people for still liking it. I still love the show, regardless of what you or others think. I don't care if you think it's a "dumpster fire". That's your opinion, and you are entitled to have it, but if you could not push your toxic opinions of a tv show/movie I love very much onto other people that do like the show, I would appreciate it immensely. Thanks.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
Years
It was a wonderful show 7 seasons ago when it debuted under Lauren Faust. It still is wonderful today.

As a Children's program, it stands out among the crowd. It teaches modern values of tolerance as opposed to the more classical ones, as well as being constantly motivational, inspirational and empowering. There's a charming humor about the show, it is what it is and unabashedly so; it never fails to lampshade itself by making fun of itself, breaking the 4th wall, or make references that older fans may catch. The humor is always light and done with good nature, setting a cute tone when possible. Yes, it's girly and sweet sometimes. However that never holds it back, it unabashedly plows headlong into complex problems and does well to teach the main value the show aims for. Some may even find it's boldness a bit strong and may not enjoy all episodes equally. This isn't too unexpected, as some episode plots may hit closer to home than some viewers are comfortable with. Therefore it's very important, and crucial, that viewers experiencing issues with an episode be capable of taking a step back and considering what their true issue with the episode is. Many times, frustrations come from dissatisfaction with the way the plot plays out. Equestria is not as perfect as the surface may seem. That's intended, as far as I can tell.

As a General Audience program, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is as full of depth, richness of leading characters, has a beautiful setting, and intricate lore that is still unfolding even in this latest season. It's not mature programming by any means; yet it still manages to very maturely address many many issues in modern ways. I don't believe parents would have a hard time enjoying this show if they chose to sit down and watch it with their children; as long s they too kept their mind open. They might even find some nice moments too, as they watch.

All that said; there are some cons. There are a few moments and arcs in the show that appear to happen for no explicable reason at all. Which ones those are, and how bad they are is a highly subjective and usually personal opinion that is hotly debated among fans. Try not to take offense; everyone has their own unique and personal takeaways from each episode.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I grew up watching the original My Little Pony made in 1982-1992. Those original My Little Pony's are so beautiful and I was always watching them. I also watched My Little Pony Friendship is Magic but I do not like Friendship is Magic as much as I did with the original My Little Pony's.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's been so long since I've watched this; I don't have preference for any character in particular.

Last edited:
Back