• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shedinja

Translator

I want a blog.
Years
Shedinja. :)

Tell me what you think about Shedinja.

• Shedinja gained a "life" on its own. How do you think about that.?
  • Do you think Shedinja is a "weird" evolution.?

Please answer the questions. :)

Thanks.

LOL.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
Years
I never knew such a pokemon existed till a few days ago.
1) I don't know it seems odd, My own question, why does it only have 1 hp?
2) Well, in my opinion its weird thats for sure, i don't fully understand how it happens but no i don't think its weird. I actually like the pokemon.

Translator

I want a blog.
Years
I never knew such a pokemon existed till a few days ago.
1) I don't know it seems odd, My own question, why does it only have 1 hp?
2) Well, in my opinion its weird thats for sure, i don't fully understand how it happens but no i don't think its weird. I actually like the pokemon.
I guess it's because Shedinja is a discarded bug shell that, for some reason, gained a "life" on its own. :)

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Shedinja was on my Pokemon Sapphire Team line-up.

If you choose out Shedinja against a CPU opponent who can't do anything to it, they'll automataically switch out. I did that to Steven's Metagross all the time XD

It's a shame it's Speed can't even reach 200, though.

And WHY is Defense its Second highest Stat?!?

Translator

I want a blog.
Years
Shedinja was on my Pokemon Sapphire Team line-up.

If you choose out Shedinja against a CPU opponent who can't do anything to it, they'll automataically switch out. I did that to Steven's Metagross all the time XD

It's a shame it's Speed can't even reach 200, though.

And WHY is Defense its Second highest Stat?!?
I guess it's because Shedinjas's a discarded bug shell. :)

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
Well Shedinja is kinda weird.. because attacks wont work like ice ^_^ but Fire would do >3 It's still strong in the anime but it's really really weird hihi * giggles * No Offense to Shedinja fans haha
* winks *

-Yasumin >3 Your Sweet Friend ^_^

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I really like Shedinja, it is in my Team Line-Up for my game.
Its weird though, Wonder Guard is a great ability they should give it to every Pokemon.(just joking)
All in all I really like that discarded bug shell thingy.

Translator

I want a blog.
Years
I really like Shedinja, it is in my Team Line-Up for my game.
Its weird though, Wonder Guard is a great ability they should give it to every Pokemon.(just joking)
All in all I really like that discarded bug shell thingy.
I like Shedinja too. But not that much. :)

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
Years
Well Shedinja is kinda weird.. because attacks wont work like ice ^_^ but Fire would do >3 It's still strong in the anime but it's really really weird hihi * giggles * No Offense to Shedinja fans haha
* winks *

-Yasumin >3 Your Sweet Friend ^_^

Pink text? Obsession with an anime character? *random actions*?

This stuff makes me rage. You, good sir, get a 10/10.

Anyway, Shedinja is awesome. I'm not quite sure why a ghost decided to inhabit Nincada's shed skin instead of, say, Metapod, Kakuna, or Dratini, but I'm glad it did. Ingame, not very enemies have moves that can hit Shedinja, and the ones that do are quite obvious. I was even able to get to floor 157 in the Sapphire Battle Tower using him, Claydol (toxistaller), and Xatu (parafusion + Night Shade). Unfortunately, he's not as useful in the metagame, where Sandstorm, Hail, Shadow Ball, and Heat Wave (damn Move Tutor) are very, very common.

I remember that one of the clan channels on NetBattle gave Wonder Guard to Sableye in its custom movelist. Good times, man, good times.

tl;dr- Shedinja is made of DIVINE and SKIN.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
Yeah! Whats with its low hp??? I don't get it.

Don't you think it would have too much of an advantage if it had too much HP as well as it's hax ability?

I believe Shedinja is the most annoying Pokemon in the Battle Frontiers. Other then those places, Shedinja has never crossed my mind as a pokemon due to its One-Hit KO if it gets hit by a move it's week to.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
Try this question in real pokemon guru. You'll probably get a few answers that will make sense in there.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
Try this question in real pokemon guru. You'll probably get a few answers that will make sense in there.
One might find some sensible answers here as well.

I believe that because a discarded shell like Shedinja gained some sort of 'life', it was able to live. However, since the 'life' it has it so low and now as alive as other living beings, it has a 1 HP.

I find it funny, as I once destroyed a level 50 Shedinja with my level 15 Torchic. XD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Actuallly, shedinja is one of my favorite bugs (along with ninjask). I really like the concept of it's survivability being "all or nothing". It's definitely wierd, but not in a bad way. I just wish that it had more speed. -_-

Translator

I want a blog.
Years
Actuallly, shedinja is one of my favorite bugs (along with ninjask). I really like the concept of it's survivability being "all or nothing". It's definitely wierd, but not in a bad way. I just wish that it had more speed. -_-
I like Shedinja too. LOL. :)

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
-Shedinja gained a "life" on its own. How do you think about that?
-Do you think Shedinja is a "weird" evolution.?

1) It doesn't really 'gain a life on its own'. It's the shed skin of Ninjask. How it's attacking is another thing, though. Apparently, it doesn't breathe or move at all, so it doesn't seem to be 'alive' in terms of movement. To be alive, it must have all of the following criteria down:

Spoiler:

Obviously, of the 7, Shedinja is falling flat. It seems to be able to breed with Ditto, though Shedinja is genderless. Because Shedinja is hollow

Pokédex - Emerald said:
A peculiar Pokémon that floats in air even though its wings remain completely still. The inside of its body is hollow and utterly dark.

It doesn't have internal organs to keep heated. It doesn't seem to respond to stimuli, seeing as how it doesn't move, it doesn't grow, it doesn't eat, and, for all we know, it may not have a single cell in its body. Therefore, it isn't considered alive at all.

2) No way! Shedinja is awesome. =3

Azlef

Wha- we're on air?!?!
Years
Shedinja is so cool... and it's ability is also fantastic! Wonder Guard-sheilds the pokemon form all moves save supereffective ones. I have one named Nightwhitch. she is one of the strongest on my team, thanks to hardly being knocked out scince i got her. Useful.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I Think it's a pretty cool addition it sorta adds to the mystery of the games!
Though the stats are kind of annoying the fact it cant reach very high speed and that it's defense is its second hihghest! But With some Clever EV's and attacks it can be very helpfull in a strateigic team!

Back