Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

TrollandToad.com

Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:44 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by SilverLeafeon75.
The Silver Surfer

Nature: Timid
    Pokemon Soul Silver Fire Monotype PT 1 A New Beginning

I started the game, and went through the beginning guff. I named myself Silver due to me being lazy, and went to Elm's Lab. Apparently one of his colleagues has a "discovery" and the lab is too busy to fetch it themselves, so looks like I will have to do the job. I pick Cyndaquil, and name him Metallica, after their song Fuel for Fire. Then I went on my journey.

As I went up to Mr. Pokemon's house, I grinded up Metallica in the grass to level 7, learning smokescreen along the way. I also got the Apricorn box, and collected all of the Apricorns on the side of the path, because who can complain abut FREE Pokeballs! Upon my arrival, Mr. Pokemon handed me a "Mystery Egg" to take back to Elm, and what do you know, renowned Pokemon professor Samuel Oak himself was there, and gave me a Pokedex for my efforts. What a nice guy.

As you would guess, it was not all Rainbows and Unicorns, as the redhead who was peering into the lab stole one of Elm's prized Pokemon. What an absolute jerk. Around this time I found out my Cyndaquil has a timid nature..... UGH! Could be worse, could of decreased my special attack instead, and at least the speed boost is nice.

Then, just in a twist of fate, I found the aforementioned redhead, and engaged him in a battle. Usually this would be easy right? Just spam Tackle.... But due to my decreased attack, a miss, and a critical hit, Metallica was almost taken out in his first trainer battle! Turns out my extra training paid off in the end after all. I returned back to Prof. Elm, and handed over the egg, while I named my rival Mikal. Now I am set to take on the world! After I talk to my mom about money.......

(Also I decided to do SS instead of HG due to me having played HG a lot more than SS, being my first game and all.)

Relevant Advertising!

Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:02 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by SilverLeafeon75.
    The Silver Surfer

Pokemon Soul Silver Fire Monotype PT 2 Violet Blues

Now with my journey underway, I can make my way over to Violet city, where I will pick up the next member of my party. Once again the timid nature bites me in the derriere, as the first two trainers on the route, who usually are no big deal, brought Metallica down to 3 HP(though he did grow to level 9.) So off to the Pokemon Center I went to heal my injured Fire Type and regather my strength, and at this point I realized what I'm getting myself into.

Back out on the town I crushed the hopes and dreams of a bug catcher, found a potion on the ground to make up for the one used in the rival battle, collected some more apricorns, took out anther bug catcher, and in the process learned Ember, finally giving Metallica a decent attacking move! As I moved toward Violet city, youngster Joey called me to brag about his Rattata, and I bumped into Lyra again, and saved my game. Now onward to Violet!

Once I reached Violet City, The first matter of business is to talk to Primo to get my second party member. After answering a few simple questions, I received an egg, and started the arduous journey of running around aimlessly to hatch it, so why not explore the town a bit. Unfortunately, there was little to note, except for a teacher who is obsessed with spinning, and a crazy Shard De Berry guy.

After about an hour of aimlessly wandering around, the Slugma egg finally hatched, and I named him Nickelback to continue my Rock/Metal band naming scheme, and checked his stats. Lax nature ain't too bad, trading some special defense for better defense, with the ability Magma Armor(would have much rather had flame body, but what ya gonna do.) I know Slugma is not the best Pokemon, but I'm using it due to the fact it means I don't have to solo with Metallica until Goldenrod, and I get a second free fire type early. Now its time to burn my way through the sprout tower(quite literally) and train Nickelback.
      Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:23 PM).

Nature: Careful
        I might as well tell my tale.

I decided to attempt a Gen VI Fighting monotype run of Pokemon X. Here's a few reason.

- Fighting is actually hard to monotype. There is not a big pool of pokemon fighting type. There a 5 type on which fighting moves are weak. For that reason, I have never been a taker of Fighting pokemons in normal runs
        - There are 2 gyms in Kalos which are strong against fighting: Psychic & Fairy
        - Kalos has almost all good Fighting pokemons, I choose Y especially for Heracross.
        - The first fighting pokemon can be capture before the first gym in Santalune City: Riolu
        - 3 mega pokemon are available: Mega Lucario, Mega Heracross, Mega Medicham.

So let the story begin:
        Spoiler:

Start: My adventure started in Aquacorde Town with my friends. I chose fennekin amongst the 3 starter pokemons, but I knew she would stay with me only for a little while. On route 2, I captured a Zigzagoon to act as a future HM Slave. I quickly crossed Santalune Forest and arrived at Santalune City. I went on route 22 and hunted down a Riolu. I quickly found one and capture it. I then automatically banked Fennekin. At that point I only had one usable pokemon, a level 6 Riolu with 4 moves: Foresight, Quick Attack, Counter and Endure. Not a very good pool of move... but it will have to do for now. I will mostly use Quick Attack and Counter.

Building at team: At this point I knew I needed a lot more fighters to overcome the bug gym. My main concern was Viola's Vivillion with Infestation. There was a good chance my lone Riolu would get killed by the infestation on that last fight. So I toiled to fight a few other. After 1h of arduous search, I found 4 other Riolu. The little wolves were especially resistant to capture. I had to waste 2-4 pokeballs on each. When I finally got a team of 5. I trained them in the field up to level 11, my first one was level 12.

The Bug Gym: With my 5 Riolu and about 10 potions in my bag, I slid down the fireman's pole with confidence. I only used one Riolu to fight the challengers on the spider's web. Just before Viola, I restored all my pokemon to full health. The fight with Viola was a little hard but not as hard as I expected. I quick attacked every turn. At the end of the fight, one Riolu has died, one was badly injured. I came out victorious and snatched my EXP Share on my way to route 4.

Route 4: Knowing that a male Ralts can become Gallad. I absolutely wanted to get him. The male Ralts would help me cover my Fighter's weakness with it's psychic type. I originally wanted 4 to compare and chose the best. But after 2 hours of searching and seeing a lot of female Ralts, I only had found 2 male Ralts. One was Modest, the other was lonely, I decided to keep the Lonely as I would concentrate on his special powers.

My current team is:

Rioluz (Riolu) Lvl. 15
        - Foresight / Quick Attack / Counter / Force Palm

Riolux (Riolu) Lvl. 13
        - Foresight / Quick Attack / Counter / Feint

Rioluc (Riolu) Lvl. 12

Riolun (Riolu) Lvl. 12

Riolum (Riolu) Lvl. 11

Raltz (Ralts) Lvl. 8
        - Growl / Confusion / Double Team
        Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:42 PM).

Nature: Careful
          Pokemon Y Fighting Monotype Run

And The story continue from route 4:

Spoiler:

Lumiose city: At this point, my Ralts was not strong enough to go in battle. My clash with Prof Sicamore involved my 5 Riolu. The fight against his 3 elemental lizards went along something like Quick Attack, Quick Attack, Quick Attack... and Force Palm. It was a bit boring, I was eager to get other fighting pokemons.

Route 5: Yeah, I was running around giddy trying to found Pancham. Running in the purple flower. I've caught 4 and kept the best. I was especially interested in Pancham since he transform into Pangoro on level 32, a fighting/Dark type, which will give me a good weapon against the psychic gym. I took note to capture a dark type like Inkay or Absol later.

Route 7: After watching the fireworks at Parfum Palace, beating down the hulking Snorlax was a piece of cake. I only used Force Palm twice, as they say: "Talk to the hand". I quickly began abusing the free match at the battle chateau to farm money. One pokemon of interest on route 7 was Croagunk, very weak right now but much stronger later as Toxicroak. I was thinking about a special weapon against the Fairy gym.

Connecting Cave: I searched the cave and captured 4 Meditite and kept the best one. He was right now a bit weak. But I simply could not pass the meditating pokemon as he was going to be later Mega Medicham.

Route 8L: I was especially looking for the Crane Kung-fu practicing Mienfoo. I did my usual formula of capturing a bunch and keeping the best. I did my search on Mienfoo, I was kind of disappointed to learn that he only reached maturity as Mienshao on level 50, at the end of the game.

Glittering Cave: I had really no interest in Fossils. My interest here was Machop. I got a good one. I did the mission in the cave and got back to Ambrette town. My interest with Machop was Machoke and eventually the tradable Machamp. I have the intention of using the GTS to trade a Machoke for a Machoke therefore getting my Machamp.

Cyllage City's Rock Gym: I had really no stress entering the gym as rock is weak against Fighting move. I was just wondering how I would fare against Grant's Amaura and Tyrunt. I had some trouble in the actual fights against the challenger and ended up using about 8 super potions. I finally reached the peak of the gym and faced Grant. Amaura was slashed to unconsciouness by Pancham. Fortunately for me, Lucario had gained Bone Rush, I quickly finished Tyrunt with it.

This is the point of the game I currently am as I write this post. My team is:

Rioluz (Lucario) Lvl. 30
          - Copycat / Quick Attack / Force Palm / Bone Rush

Kirlia (Kirlia) Lvl. 22
          - Magical Leaf / Confusion / Double Team / Teleport

Machopx (Machopx) Lvl. 24
          - Strength / Foresight / Karate Chop / Low Sweep

Croagunk (Croagunk) Lvl. 23
          - Revenge / Feint Attack / Thief / Taunt

Medititz (Meditite) Lvl. 23
          - Bide / Meditate / Confusion / Hidden Power

Panchamc (Pancham) Lvl. 27
          - Vital Throw / Karate Chop / Slash / Circle Throw
          Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:42 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Grimms_Edge.
          Soul Collector

Nature: Gentle
            Pokemon Ghost Ultimate Monotype Challenge
            Badges: 2/8
            Team: Duff (Drifblim)
            Ability: Unburden
            Modest Nature
            - Astonish
            - Gust
            - Stockpile
            - Minimize

Violet (Gastly)
            Ability: Levitate
            Modest Nature
            - Night Shade
            - Lick
            - Curse
            - Mean Look

Lukey (Rotom-Wash)
            Hardy Nature
            - Thunder Shock
            - Hydro Pump
            - Uproar
            - Double Team

Story: After picking up my starter a little Chimcar named Goku. We set off on our adventure and learnt about where to get healing and where to buy stuff.
            We moved on all the way to oreburgh after some story trash then as i arrived in oreburgh i entered the mine and grabbed Roark and made my way back to the gym and literally swept roark out of way with mach punch. Anyway coming back to Jubilife City destroyed the Team Galatic grunts harrassing Prof.
            Rowan and Dawn. After a swift defeat at the hands of Goku, I finally made it to Valley Windworks where i could pick up my first team mate a drifloon which I nicked named Duff in memorium of the Duff Blimp.
            After a little bit of grinding I busted into the Windworks with the key that a grunt dropped. The Grunts where nothign but Mars Caused a bit of problem but in the end I triumphed over Mars which allowed me to move on through Eterna Forest on the way to Eterna city. After meeting up with Cheryl at the entrance we made our way through we passed the Old Chataeu and ended up at the exit. After that whole shibang I left to Eterna City and faced Gardenia which in similar fashion to Mars was swept aside by Duffs powerful gust. At the end of the battle Duff evolved into a Drifblim and became even more powerful. After that whole fiasco I ran back to the Old Chataeu to grab my next two team members. A Female Gastly named Violet and a Rotom named Lukey. Now im in The Galatic Base in Eterna City ready to face Jupiter.
            Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:35 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Grimms_Edge.
            Soul Collector

Pokemon Ultimate Monotype Challenge
              Badges 8/8
              Elite Four: Beaten
              National Dex: Obtained
              Mount Stark: Defeated
              Elite Four Reamtch: Beaten
              Team:
              Duff (Drifblim) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
              Ability: Unburden
              Level: 76
              - Shadow Ball
              - Fly
              - Psychic
              - Thunderbolt

Violet (Gengar) (F) @ Choice Specs
              Ability: Cursed Body
              Level: 75
              IVs: 0 Atk
              - Shadow Ball
              - Sludge Bomb
              - Focus Blast
              - Psychic

Lukey (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
              Level: 78
              - Thunderbolt
              - Hydro Pump
              - Shadow Ball
              - Double Team

Faded (Froslass) @ Never-Melt Ice
              Ability: Snow Cloak
              Level: 79
              - Shadow Ball
              - Ice Beam
              - Water Pulse
              - Destiny Bond

Mage (Mismagius) (F) @ Spooky Plate
              Level: 75
              Serious Nature
              - Shadow Ball
              - Psybeam
              - Magical Leaf
              - Dark Pulse

Reapette (Dusknoir) (F) @ Spell Tag
              Ability: Pressure
              Level: 76
              - Shadow Punch
              - Fire Punch
              - Earthquake
              - Sucker Punch
              Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:46 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Lrachelr5.

Username: LRachelR5
                Type: Psychic
                Single/Ultimate: Ultimate
                Games: Red, Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, White 2, Y, Moon

Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:44 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by xemnahort.

Nature: Sassy
                  Well I think I have a problem because instead of finishing my yellow rock part of the ultimate monotype I decided instead to do this;
                  Forum User Name: xemnahort
                  Game(s): red, gold, omega ruby, platinum, white 2, x, moon
                  Pokémon Type: Flying
                  Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: ultimate

and this;
                  Forum User Name: xemnahort
                  Game(s): blue, silver, alpha saphire, platinum, white 2, y, sun
                  Pokémon Type: poison
                  Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: ultimate

yup I decided to spread myself even further than before so yeah here's the current teams;
                  Red Flying team
                  Scirocco the charmeleon lvl 16
                  Zerelda the zubat lvl 9
                  Indra the magikarp lvl 9
                  and the temporary team mate Aureole the butterfree lvl 14
                  currently in traveling through mt moon

Blue Poison team
                  Oleander the Ivysaur lvl 26
                  Lilith the nidoqueen lvl 28
                  Raven the golbat lvl 27
                  plus a drowzee and a sandshrew for flash and cut repectively
                  currently traveling to rock tunnel after beating third gym

Rock is right where I left it

Also kudos if you can figure out why I'm naming them what I am.
                  Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:46 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by TheCrystalFlaaffy.
                  Youtube Content Creator

Nature: Jolly
                    Now to once again claim my championship with the Ice-type! Finished Moon in my ultimate run, took me longer than it should have because I took a long break sometime after beating Kiawe and didn't touch my ds for months. Also sucked that I couldn't get half of my team until just before the Elite Four... All these Ice-types available in the game but only 3 are catchable before getting to that damn mountain and since I caught the three of them at high levels I missed out on so many moves and had to hunt down heart scales for them. But anyway on to the update :]

Challenge:
                    Spoiler:
                    Forum User Name: TheCrystalFlaaffy
                    Game(s): Fire Red | Silver | Emerald | Platinum | Volt White | Y | Moon
                    Pokémon Type: Ice
                    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate
                    Team
                    Spoiler:

Baskin the Vanilluxe
                    Level 54 | Male | Bold | Snow Warning
                    Mirror Shot | Uproar | Ice Beam | Freeze-Dry

Calypso the Weavile
                    Level 54 | Female | Adamant | Pressure
                    Ice Shard | Poison Jab | Brick Break | Night Slash

Blue the Crabominable
                    Level 56 | Female | Bold | Iron Fist
                    Close Combat | Crabhammer | Rock Tomb | Power-Up Punch

Igloo the Sandslash
                    Level 55 | Female | Quiet | Snow Cloak
                    Iron Head | Work Up | Leech Life | Icicle Crash

Khione the Froslass
                    Level 54 | Female | Serious | Snow Cloak
                    Shadow Ball | Draining Kiss | Ice Beam | Will-O-Wisp

Kitsune the Ninetales
                    Level 57 | Female | Timid | Snow Cloak
                    Ice Beam | Hex | Dazzling Gleam | Nasty Plot
                    Pokemon Showdown Live Sessions | Latest Upload [5/16]
                    Solo Challenge Thread | My Challenges
                    Old 2 Weeks Ago (2:42 PM).
                    • Social Media
                    • Crystal Tier
                    • EOEvent Organizer

Nature: Lonely
                    Username: curelixir
                    Type: Flying
                    Single/Ultimate: Ultimate
                    Games: FireRed, HeartGold, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, White, Y, Moon

FINISHED
                    Spoiler:

(for some reason screenshots stopped saving later in the run)

-All female team, purely coincidental
                    -First run I've actually nicknamed all my Pokemon
                    -Gyarados was the MVP, mostly because of Surf

Old 1 Week Ago (5:18 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by SilverLeafeon75.
                    The Silver Surfer

Pokemon Soul Silver Fire Monotype PT 3 A wing and a prayer

Well, this episode starts with grinding on route 31(whopee...) This session was marred by poison... ALOT of poison, though it became easier once Nickelback learned Ember, Now time to finish wrecking the Sprout Tower! Fire types vs Bellsprout seems easy enough. When I got to the towers top, none other than my rival Mikal(Pronounce Micheal) who complains about the sage's words, and says he only cares abut strong pokemon.... What an absolute jerk! Now vs Elder Li!

My gameplan was to have Nickelback take out the Bellsprout, and leave Metallica to fight Hoothoot..... But Hypnosis happened, so in went my Slugma, luckily Hoothoot's peck missed twice(thanks to Metallica's smokescreen earlier) and I tried to put it to sleep myself, but I forgot about Insomnia. Luckily Hoothoot was not so lucky with hypnosis this time round, and Nickelback finished both it and the last Bellsprout with splendor. After this battle, Nickelback leaned Rock Throw, which will be helpful against Falkner. Also, I got TM70 Flash, and used the escape rope from earlier to get the heck out of dodge.

Now a trip back to the Pokemon center to heal, and off to the Gym, the trainers were not that strong, but I used them to judge Slugma's new move. Unfortunately even with Rock Throw, Nickelback could not 1 shot the Gym trainers, So my gameplan involves using smokescreen and leer to soften the Pidgeotto a lil' bit. So off to the poke-center again to full heal, meanwhile Joey rings me up to brag about him killing a weedle(I killed about 5 of them during grinding, so what?) so after a save, time to face Falkner, Battle START!

Pidgey was easy enough, 2 embers and done, did take a hit though. Once again I was caught off guard by an ability, this time Keen Eye. Thats what I get for trying to set up ain't it, well time for Leer spam, and a CRIT Ember!! I went for a second Leer as Ember brought it down to half, and I did not want to risk a Roost/Berry/Potion. Luckily Slugma comes through and takes out the Pidgeotto with a Rock Throw! Zephyr Bade obtained! I also got Roost as a gift.

Afterwards, Elm requests me to babysit the Togepi egg (I can't use it in this run, so It'll be boxed sadly) Also my mum bought me a super potion. I may keep Togepi on hand until I catch a full team (Or I need an HM slave) because it is so adorable :D Also I finally have a use for Magma Armor, so that's a thing. As I walk out of the mart, a kimono girl walked up to me.

Onwards to Route 32. This man gave me a Miracle Seed(Like that will be of any use) while Metallica learned Quick Attack, replacing Tackle(Quick Attack is pretty much a straight upgrade) and eventually evolved! Yet it still almost got its Arceus handed to it by a trainers Wooper. Meanwhile, Nickelback could not KO a Goldeen(confusion, and missed attacks) and almost got whooped by a lv15 Magikarp( Yes, a Magikarp almost beat me :/ ) I skipped all of the trainers in the cave(bar this one dude with a Slowpoke, I did not want to fight rock types after my previous "scares") and made it to Azelia.....

The Band of Fire

Metallica (Quilava) (M)
                      Level: 15
                      Abilty: Blaze
                      -Quick Attack
                      -Leer
                      -Smokescreen
                      -Ember
                      My starter, and a big team player. The Timid nature hurts a fair bit, but he is still able to wreck anything hat does not resist fire. Really good set up mon

Nickelback (Slugma) (F)
                      Level: 13
                      Abilty: Magma Armor
                      Nature: Lax
                      -Yawn
                      -Smog
                      -Ember
                      -Rock Throw
                      Slugma is far from an Ideal Pokemon, but the access to Rock moves and early availability will keep it on the roster for a while. It is somewhat underpowered, but still does its job when needed.

Team Opinion: I have ran into the primary problem with fire runs; Water and Rock types often Hard counter you early in the game. Other than that, a solid lineup, though I may focus on Quilava a bit more, while Slugma is a temporary addition until I get better fire types (Vulpix/Magmar)
                      Old 1 Week Ago (3:44 PM).

Forum User Name: Clemstar
                        Game(s): Blue, Gold, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, Y and Moon
                        Pokémon Type: Water
                        Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate Challenge

I've already started the X monotype and am currently on Route 7. My team:

-Frogadier (Pacific), Level 23
                        -Wartortle (Atlantic), Level 23
                        Old 1 Week Ago (5:56 PM).
                        The Silver Surfer

Pokemon Soul Silver Fire Monotype PT 4 Blasting off at the Speed of Light

On my way into Azelea town, I find none other than Team Rocket, harassing old men as always. Well, with my Pokemon seeming a bit meager, I storm off into Ilex Forest to train them up to standards, and get poisoned by Weedles in the process. Meanwhile my egg finally hatches, and I name my new Togepi Penny. With nowhere else to go, I head up to Kurt's house, cause free Pokeballs! But first, Kurt alerts me that people have been cutting off slowpoke tails in the well.... Who could it be I wonder? As fast as an old man can run, the Pokeball Master takes off, and knowing stuff is going to go down fast, I follow. Seems the lookout abandoned his post, for a Team Rocket member he really is a coward!

Down in the well, turns out Kurt broke his back.... Some hero he is, as usual it is up to me to clean house. Luckily all of their Pokemon are weak to neutral to fire/rock. Rattata, Ekans, and Zubat were all that stood in my way. Alas I made it to their leader, Executive Proton. Going into this, I knew I was going to have a rough time.... NOT, this battle was like taking candy from a baby! Afterwards, team Rocket blasted out of the well, and I went back to Kurts house. Kurt makes me a deal that he will make Pokeballs out of Apricorns, and who can complain about free items? Also, I need to run all the way back to New Bark to show Prof. Elm my new hatchlet. On the trip back I also battle the trainers I skip, and get bombarded with phone calls.

After I return to Azelea town, I decide to challenge the gym. Bugsy should bee no problem,(pun Nintended) while the trainers will be used as great experience This should be one of the easiest gyms at this part of the game, only real threat is Scyther. The Easy badge has been obtained! Next up is to fight Mikal again...

Gastly's curse is annoying, but it weakens Gastly a lot, luckily Nickelback wipes it out in one move, but Mikal decides he had enough of my nonsense and decides to go straight into Croconaw.... UGGGHH!! I keep Nickeback in in hopes of abusing yawn, and survive with 2 HP (but then curse happens, R.I.P Nickelback.) Now it is time for Metallica to try and take out a crippled Croconaw, but Metallica's low attack bites it in the butt AGAIN, so I resort to leer spam to decrease his defenses, this will be a straight up bloody slug fest. Luckily 4 turn sleep allows me to have a shot, also glad Scary Face does not affect Quick Attack. Also did I note I got a cheeky Smokescreen as he woke up? Also, Croconaw is obsessed with using scary face, despite the fact I'm spamming a priority move :/ Operation Evaporation success! Zubat tries for confuse hax but I get my Ember and Quick Attack away anyways, battle won! He says I only won because his Pokemon were weak. Yeah right bro, you got straight up outplayed, that's what happened! After the battle Mikal continues to complain about the weak and tells me to stay out of his way..... What a scumbag (and I got a phone call from Joey bragging about his Rattata to boot!) Next Time I'll be marching off to Goldenrod, until then!

The Band of Fire

Metallica (Quilava) (M)
                          Level: 19
                          Abilty: Blaze
                          -Quick Attack
                          -Leer
                          -Smokescreen
                          -Ember
                          The Timid nature still leaves its mark, but against most Pokemon Metallica manhandles them without breaking a sweat.

Nickelback (Slugma) (F)
                          Level: 18
                          Abilty: Magma Armor
                          Nature: Lax
                          -Yawn
                          -Rock Smash
                          -Ember
                          -Rock Throw
                          Nickelback has held up a lot better than expected, Yawn is a great utility, and might have saved my hide against Croconaw. A decent supplement to Quilava's Power.
                          Old 1 Week Ago (4:58 PM).

Pokemon Y Monotype Update:

Just about to finish my journey through the vastness of Route 12 and Azure Bay, making my way into Couramine City. My current lineup looks as follows:
                            -Frogadier (Pacific) [MALE]: Level 33
                            -Wartortle (Atlantic) [MALE]: Level 35
                            -Binacle (Indian) [MALE]: Level 32
                            -Mantyke (Irwin) [MALE]: Level 27
                            -Slowpoke (King Neptune) [MALE]: Level 26

Thoughts: I've found it interesting so far that my largest issues have come from being matched against other bulky water types and fighting types in general. As of yet I have nothing to deal with these. Slowpoke with confusion is an exception, however I've only just recently caught him on Route 12 and is still relatively weak compared to the rest of my party.
                            My greatest concern lies in the upcoming grass type gym. The only pokemon I really have to deal with them so far is Irwin the Mantyke. The plan is to get my good rod from Couramine, catch a Remoraid to evolve Mantyke and a Shellder to add to the team. Hopefully that combination of flying and ice typing will be enough.

Just a side note: I plan to use unique species across my whole ultimate challenge. The exception is the Blastoise line. I didn't really consider that I wanted to use him in my Blue playthrough when I chose to use him in Pokemon Y.

Happy monotyping everyone!
                            Old 1 Week Ago (7:17 PM).

Nature: Sassy
                              Looks like I forgot an update at some point because my last post is wrong because I played my rock run up to victory road but apparently forgot to update so yeah.
                              Anyway since then I've now gotten past VR to the indigo league and did a test run... it went awful so I'm going to be doing a lot of grinding now before trying again.

Current team
                              Gene the graveler (no one to trade with so it's not getting better) lvl 45
                              Onyx the onix lvl 45
                              Tommy the rhydon lvl 45
                              Omar the omastar lvl 48
                              Amber the aerodactyl lvl45
                              Gonna try to get them to 50-55 before trying to beat Lorelei again
                              Old 1 Week Ago (1:23 PM).

UPDATE ONE SOULSILVER
                                Spoiler:

Picked Cyndaquil as my starter and blitzed through the beginning of the game, missing most of the trainers after Violet City in order to go back and battle them to train my first proper team member. Got to Slowpoke Well and caught Audrey the Slowpoke. Did training and beat Team Rocket, continued grinding and took on Bugsy lost quiet a few times before finally beating him. Made my way on to route 34 and caught Carlos the Abra and Uma the Drowzee, did more grinding and moved to Route 35 and caught Gil the Exeggcute from headbutting a tree. I think I am still gonna grind a bit more before challenging Whitney also hoping to get the phone call from route 34 in order to get a leaf stone for Gil to evolve.

TEAM
                                Spoiler:

Gil
                                Level: 14
                                Nature: Docile
                                Ability: Chlorophyll
                                Moveset: SolarBeam, Hypnosis, Reflect, Leech Seed

Carlos
                                Level: 17
                                Nature: Serious
                                Ability: Synchronize
                                Moveset: Teleport, Confusion, Focus Blast

[email protected] Bell
                                Level: 19
                                Nature: Quirky
                                Ability: Own Tempo
                                Moveset: Confusion, Yawn, Headbutt, Water Gun

Uma
                                Level: 15
                                Nature: Mild
                                Ability: Forewarn
                                Moveset: Headbutt, Hypnosis, Taunt, Confusion

Old 1 Day Ago (10:41 PM). Edited 5 Hours Ago by luxreino.

GO WITH THE FLOW
                                  Forum User Name: luxreino
                                  Game(s): FireRed, SoulSilver, Emerald, Platinum, Black, Y, Moon
                                  Pokémon Type: Water
                                  Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

FireRed [1/8]
                                  CURRENT LOCATION: Mt. Moon
                                  Azul ♂ Level 21
                                  Cyan ♀ Level 8
                                  Azul is MASSIVELY overleveled. Time for our 500P Magikarp purchase. And more grinding.

Old 1 Day Ago (10:52 PM).

Just a question to begin with. Does the front page on this monotype challenge ever get updated? For the week i've been actively checking up on it, it doesn't look like it's been touched. Oh well.

Anyway, I've finished my the gen 6 part of my ultimate challenge! I'd like to add that I completed the Looker sidequest as well, meaning that I beat the optional part as well. I beat Pokemon Y with the following team:
                                    -Pacific (Greninja): Level 65 [MALE]
                                    -Atlantic (Blastoise): Level 64 [MALE]
                                    -Indian (Barbaracle): Level 64 [MALE]
                                    -King Neptune (Slowking): Level 65 [MALE]
                                    -Arctic (Cloyster): Level 65 [MALE]
                                    -Irwin (Mantine): Level 64 [MALE]

Additional notes: The only trouble I really had with this run was the 5th gym (electric), the final battle with Lysandre (his gyarados proved to be a tough opponent) and Siebold type Elite 4 member. As you can probably tell, my biggest issue in this run was tough water type opponents. I didn't have any super effective moves against them. I had the option to teach Grass Knot to my ace pokemon, Slowking, however it didn't really feel like it was making too much of an impact.

Anyway, had an awesome time beating Pokemon Y with only water types! It's time to continue the Ultimate Challenge with Pokemon Gold! Have been looking forward to this one considering the recent re-release on the virtual console!
                                    Old 1 Day Ago (5:38 AM).
                                    The Dragon Knight

Nature: Naughty
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Clemstar View Post
                                      Just a question to begin with. Does the front page on this monotype challenge ever get updated? For the week i've been actively checking up on it, it doesn't look like it's been touched. Oh well.
                                      I will update it eventually, I've just been lazy lately.

Quick Reply