• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Gemstone

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Pokemon Gemstone

Download:
Download link

Introduction:
Pokemon Gemstone is a fan game created by myself using Pokemon Essentials & RPG Maker XP.
I decided to create Gemstone as a quick mini project just to see how fast I could make a game.
As I have already created a fan game, Pokemon Nova, I decided to use the sprites/characters just to save time.

Plot:
Journey through the Gemstone region as a new trainer straight out of trainer school.
You must travel through the Gemstone region to collect the 8 gym badges and become the league champion.

The main point of Gemstone is to actually prove a challenge in terms of Gyms, Rivals & Elite 4 battles.

Features:
- 2 Rivals
- 8 Gym Leaders and Elite 4
- New set of Gym Leaders
- New evolution methods for trade Pokemon
- Follow Pokemon Feature (DISABLED)
- Selection of existing Pokemon from all generations including generation 7
- Fairy type included.
- Mega Evolution
- No Evil Team
- Brand new moves
- New movepools and level up moves for Pokemon
- Stat upgrades for some older Pokemon have been made
- Updated TM List

Progress:
Pokemon GemStone is now complete,
If you find any problems/errors/bugs please contact me.

I tend to update with screenshots/Images/Maps on my twitter page:
https://twitter.com/PKMN_Nova

Screenshots:
Follow_zpswktfu2gp.png

Custom%20Tiles_zpsvkprkt0m.png

Gyms_zpsrs2vwraz.png

Fairy_zpspdnvcyaf.png

terrain_zpsnmhug2ts.png

Gen%207%20Pokemon_zpsvcofe6n0.png

Download:
Download link

All Pokedex changes for levels, Moves, Evolution methods can be found here:
Pokedex Download

Credits:
- Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit:
Maruno
Poccil
Flameguru
- Pokemon follow:
Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71
- Mega Sprites & Sylveon Sprites - The Smogon XY Sprite Project
Noscium, Layell & Branflakes325
Gen 6 sprites - XY sprite proect
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/175-Dz01EzK9k1p1SknMUUlRlznX9WtlLZ7n6abYLVy4/edit#gid=0
Bergmite - Sleet
Avalugg - aXl
Skiddo - Paintseagull, Wyverii
Gogoat - siiilver
Phantump - wobblebuns
Trevenant - Galifia
Noibat - Quanyails
Noivern - aXl

Gen 7 sprites - S/M sprite project
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SiHVq1didxKRw-G6jnUsyTFp-CzUBdNBd5aBQ_1hI_I/edit#gid=0
Rockruff - Princess-pheonix
Lycanroc - leparagon
Sandygast - princessofmusic
palossand - princessofmusic
- Battle backgrounds
Gamefreak, Pokemon Company

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Pokemon GemStone is now complete,
I hope you enjoy playing through it.
I would appreciate it if you all could let me know if you come across any problems or anything which needs fixing.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
strange theres no evil team, but that doesnt mean any other random people cant be enemies either like common crooks and whatnot. I'll be sure to check this out

EDIT: Ugh...sorry if this seems nitpicky but I'm really not fond of the default RPG maker music its not fitting for a pokemon game at all....thats my only issue here. Hope that there'll be better things added eventually.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hmm I found hiddenpower but I noticed it not updated to sixth gen standards like some other game mechanics have. Is there any chance to update move mechanics to 6th gen standards as well?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Hmm I found hiddenpower but I noticed it not updated to sixth gen standards like some other game mechanics have. Is there any chance to update move mechanics to 6th gen standards as well?

in the scripts the Battle mechanics are set to gen 6+ so it should all be base 60

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
well oddly enough hidden power isnt up to date from what I saw, I even experimented with it and my Pikachu couldnt one shot a Snover with HP Flying even after a nasty plot. The move description also still lists th ebase power of the move as ??? instead of 60.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
I'd like to report a bug: the person in the town with the 1st gym claims he is giving you the TM for False Swipe, yet he gives you Calm Mind.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
well oddly enough hidden power isnt up to date from what I saw, I even experimented with it and my Pikachu couldnt one shot a Snover with HP Flying even after a nasty plot. The move description also still lists th ebase power of the move as ??? instead of 60.

I'll have to see what I can do, I believe its only displaying that as the basic code for Pokemon essentials tells it too,
just out of curiosity how much HP was the foe left at? was it left at low HP as it could have just been a low damage roll?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
the Snover went from full HP to around half health after Pikachu used Hiddenpower following a Nasty Plot, so the base damage by the loook of things may have been 30-40

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
I have now updated the download file for Pokemon Gemstone,

All reported bugs have been fixed and the download now contains a list of the Pokedex with all the changes for the game,

including new evo methods, new retyping, new movepool etc...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Is there a way I can edit my save file to change the Calm Mind TM with False Swipe? I saved after getting it and I don't want to lose my progress.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Is there a way I can edit my save file to change the Calm Mind TM with False Swipe? I saved after getting it and I don't want to lose my progress.

If im honest I don't know how to do a patch but if you just start playing the new file the save data will transfer over so maybe try going back to the NPC as he might just give it too you

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
sorry if this sounds stupid but how do I download the rar file off dropbox because i'm not getting any option to do so

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I can confirm that hiddenpower works as it should now, very good work and thanks for fixing it so promptly

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
As a quick fix to the following Pokemon feature bug I have put together a new version of Pokemon Gemstone with the feature now disabled.
please follow these instructions before you update:

- Open the current version of Pokemon Gemstone which you own.
- Press ctrl key to put away the following Pokemon
- Save game
- Download new Version of Pokemon Gemstone

Click here to download new version of Pokemon Gemstone

Last edited:
Back