• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
For anyone that has noticed yet, if you access the Dropbox link, Gen V is tentatively in there. Most of the Fire Red sprites are now complete bar a few form changes, and other miscellaneous Pokemon that need a new Front or Back sprite. Additionally theres a bunch of 2nd frames, that have been made by myself, or Sky High (Rufflet, Krokorok, Braviary, Tympole, Lillipup line, and more) Blackwhiterobin (Servine) and Tetrable (Axew, Fraxure, Stunfisk, Venipede and Whirlipede).

I'll be updating the OP slowly to reflect these changes. Icons will be to follow!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I'm looking forward to the update for OP.

I will be quite busy for the upcoming month due to exams and I'll be getting a long break after it, I'm planning on finishing up to gen 7 icons before the end of this year, so once you upload the gen 5 ones that are finished, I'll get on the rest as soon as I finish my exams.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Here's my work:
9zUgMhB.png
X4TZ0gi.png
YNWCqLu.png
3pAIool.png
m0FliYb.png
ThyCSYs.png
oQAS6Oc.png
alcECYZ.png
2Co0l8U.png
ALfC3in.png
JefZX2H.png

NIJNXhf.png
CaLpX9o.png
eEA3owr.png
dGtUn5Z.png
sGrDQnC.png
TnQT4Nu.png
06iLxET.png
rZS6uYb.png
DSYtGCq.png
4zqi39w.png
Bc92qfA.png
kMXf6Ge.png

Some of the new icons are almost identical to the old ones so I polished them and ported the old second frames instead of making completely new animations.

Alright ya'll, great news, I just indexed and animated every single gen 5 pokemon icon that's left.

MrDollSteak Already finished Victini through Audino, and I made the ones in this post that I'm quoting and made my way from there.

Spoiler:

Needless to say, it was torture for my mind, body and soul....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Inserted these in Em saved finding free space, rom wont start and advanced maps throws errors.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Inserted these in Em saved finding free space, rom wont start and advanced maps throws errors.

Emerald's default free space is 00 00 00, which can be used in Advance Map. What probably happened was it was inserted into some 'fake' free space that was actually being used in tables. What I would recommend doing is applying the FF FF FF FF free space hack or expanding your rom and inserting these in THAT free space.

Alright ya'll, great news, I just indexed and animated every single gen 5 pokemon icon that's left.

MrDollSteak Already finished Victini through Audino, and I made the ones in this post that I'm quoting and made my way from there.

Thank you! Fantastic work, I'll work on compiling them into my dropbox soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Emerald's default free space is 00 00 00, which can be used in Advance Map. What probably happened was it was inserted into some 'fake' free space that was actually being used in tables. What I would recommend doing is applying the FF FF FF FF free space hack or expanding your rom and inserting these in THAT free space.

Thank you! Fantastic work, I'll work on compiling them into my dropbox soon.

Thanks I figured it was a issue with the free space that was being overwritten. Or because of the two Chacha engines I have installed and le pug decap patch. Could you point me in the direction of the free space hack or how to expand the ROM?

Also for each sprite I insert they would need to use a different free space value correct?

Last edited:

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Just wanted to say thanks very much for this amazing resource, these sprites are truly fantastic!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024

Spoiler:

...It's beautiful!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Yeah but it's been a while and I think there's some that need tweaking/fixing.

I hope you don't mind but I thought I would try to fix the coloring issue you said you had on Meloetta. But for all I know I could've probably made it worse.
meloetta_by_pikafan2000-dbzzio0.png

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I hope you don't mind but I thought I would try to fix the coloring issue you said you had on Meloetta. But for all I know I could've probably made it worse.
meloetta_by_pikafan2000-dbzzio0.png

Sadly this won't do since it has colors that are not on the same palette.

I don't know why didn't GF add a palette that has blue and green in it.

MrDollSteak

Years
Sorry for the long delay everyone, the OP is finally updated to include Gen 5. Just missing Sawsbuck and its other formes to complete the Fire Red sprites, and perhaps another 50-60 of the second frames to complete those. The icon sprites I've had the chance to make and/or edit have also been included. Next up will be including the rest of Megax Rocker's wonderful Gen 5 Icon Sprites, and the next few second frames. Following that I eventually plan to do Gen 6 Sugimori Sprites and second frames with Leparagon's help, who has kindly offered to assist with those second frames.

Last edited:

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey, hopefully this is still active ^_^ I've come up with a rough Sigilyph sprite (could do with a little cleaning up) for which I hope to also make a second frame and convert to a Sugimori palette. How does it look at the moment?
3Pk9drD.png

Completed the full sprite sheet (with some improvements, using the backsprite from Chaos' thread):
QeIbB9n.png

Here it is in action:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wsyNeu7Y3acbTfZAxOvXKZ3xow-doFIi

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
Snivy GBA BACKSPRITE not shiny backsprite
ZCZAJfb.png

I'm sorry to posting this but on this thread they only accept backs that have HGSS style because gen V backs doesn't fit well on GBA screen, even if you position them.

Last edited:
Back