• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] How many Gyms do you expect to see in a v.1 demo

Voultronix

Pokemon Fossil Creator
Years
How many gyms do you want to be in a first demo? Do you want 2 or 3 or wait all the way until a final version(which isn't good hence why Pokemon cinder & foam has so many problems). I guess the real question is do you want to have a feel of the game or do you want to play the game the whole way through and be done with it?

Years
A lot of people share a demo with at least 3 gyms however the game doesn't need to have 3 gyms it just has to have a good amount of development for the player to play for 1-3 hours or just a good amount of time in general. Pokemon Sage just has 1 gym or so they say since I have yet to get to the first gym. A lot of people would also like a demo because 1 it can help out in getting feedback and 2 it is a good way to see how your game will do. I typed all this with my left hand only....still there doesn't seem to be a grammar error.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
You want to have some progress on the game; at least one gym is the bare minimum if your game is under an hour of playtime. Otherwise, don't worry too much about gyms if you have like, 5 hours of playtime in Demo 1. Your first gym just might not show up at that point- plan the demo around the content, not the gyms.

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
How many gyms do you want to be in a first demo? Do you want 2 or 3 or wait all the way until a final version(which isn't good hence why Pokemon cinder & foam has so many problems). I guess the real question is do you want to have a feel of the game or do you want to play the game the whole way through and be done with it?

I think a demo should be there to show people how your game is looking like, sure its not playable till the end but I believe you can make a demo whenever you want, even if you haven't any gym yet, just to show people the "start" of your game, but for doing this you should be updating your game and demo every day to ensure that peoples wont forget your game, so you have like 2 ways to make a demo. The first one is to make it at the point you are doing your game right now, like for example you make 3 towns 2 cities, you may have no gym yet but it doesn't care, because many people just want to see the battle screen and playtest your game, but for this the demo should be always updated

the second way is to make at least 3 gyms (and you should count the hours) it should be at least 3 till 5 hours of gameplay for being a demo, when you do the second way. Sometimes getting outside, watching television etc. get you inspiration of getting new ideas for your game, you might always pm me if you need some feedback too.
I hope I could help you though I wrote the same like others here,lol

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
Years
A Basic Demo of a game should include at least an hour of gameplay and some form of boss at the end or cliff hanger. However bring attention back to the original question perhaps having at least one Gym should be enough.

Back