• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Unable to find shinies anymore (Pokemon X)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
I have been unable to find any shiny pokemon lately. I have spent days in the friend safari and chain fishing, but no luck.

I even have the shiny charm.

I think I have a few hacked pokemon which I received through the official GTS. Could Nintendo have detected this and disabled the ability to find any more shinies or something? Does anybody have had the same issue?

If I happen to find a shiny in the meantime, I will post it here.

Years
I don't think Nintendo could've just flipped a switched and turned off the ability to find shiny Pokemon. I think you've just run into some bad luck over the last couple days. Juts keep at it and when you find the shiny, it will make it that much more rewarding.

Years
I have been unable to find any shiny pokemon lately. I have spent days in the friend safari and chain fishing, but no luck.

I even have the shiny charm.

I think I have a few hacked pokemon which I received through the official GTS. Could Nintendo have detected this and disabled the ability to find any more shinies or something? Does anybody have had the same issue?

If I happen to find a shiny in the meantime, I will post it here.
RNG God just doesn't like you at the moment my friend. keep trying and you'll find one. i have ever experienced no shiny egg for more than 2 weeks with MM and Shiny Charm. you still got better than mine. seriously.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm. Maybe you just need a break. Or just take a break from FS and exclusively Chain Fish while watching TV - you're going to get a shiny eventually... this way you just forget about it a bit :c

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Shiny Charm doesn't really affect fish chaining or friend safari, or pokeradar for that matter.
In friend safari I usually find a shiny under 2,000 encounters, for fish chaining I usually find a shiny under 200.

I don't have shiny charm and my longest mm was 877, my longest horde hunt which I'm doing right now is at 2,050 hordes.... My shortest mm is 53 and shortest horde hunt is like 12 or 13. Shortest fish chain shiny is 4. Really it's just luck, some days I'm lucky then the next day nothing. I had a 2 week drought once. Recently had a dexnav take 1486 for a shiny in a mirage spot so couldn't leave. Luckily it didn't cost me repels or berries. Since running into wild pokemon and breaking the chain doesn't affect shiny odds and there was only 2 Pokemon so didn't the target popped up 90% of the time.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
its usualy months upon months between my suprise shinys i find sometimes even over 1 year or so until i find more

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
Hey guys, I finally found another shiny (petilil) in the FS.

I used to find shinies very quickly (like every 40 mins) a year ago. That was why I was worried. I guess I was just lucky back then. Anyway ty for the replies. Solved!

Back