• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alternate forms you would give old pokemon?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Like with new gen pokemon how they hand out forms for almost everyone now, what kind of forms would you give old pokemon?

For example I would give Unown some sort of complete alphabet form, with high stats

Or Smeargle would have different colored tails, aesthetic probably, maybe slight variation in stat/ability/type

Qwilfish would have a puffed up form, increased defenses.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Ninetales: Fire/Psychic. Not unthinkable but I think it?s overdue and would justify giving it a buff back to where it was in Generation 1 of 100 SpA.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Yeah GF doesn't care much about old pokemon whenever new mechanics are introduced

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
I was hoping for an alternate (Dragon / Rock) Onix and (Steel / Dragon) Steelix

Growlithe and Arcanine could have used a type/look alternate form ... maybe water type or at least added electric/fire type instead of just fire.

Jigglypuff could have had a Fairy/Ghost line, too

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Here's an idea I had a few years ago (copy+paste from a DA journal):
Serene Grace, an Ability in the Pokémon games, is known as "Heavenly Blessing" in the original Japanese games. Also, most of the Pokémon that can have Serene Grace have a certain angelic quality about them. Here's a list of fully-evolved Pokémon that can have Serene Grace:

• Blissey
  • Togekiss
  • Dunsparce
  • Jirachi
  • Shaymin (Sky Forme)
  • Sawsbuck
  • Meloetta
Notice that there are seven Pokémon here. Seven is often considered good luck, as well as God's divine number.

What am I getting at? Imagine if each of these Pokémon got a new form, possibly Megas, that brought out even more of these "heavenly" qualities. This particular group would be known as the Seven Heavenly Beasts, or Seven Heavenly Pokémon. Sounds cool, right? Maybe something special would happen when all of them gather! :0

NOTE: Sawsbuck may not seem that angelic at a glance, but white stags were once believed to be messengers of the gods in Japanese mythology. Its "Heavenly Form" would have to be white. (I imagine that all seven of these beasts would be mostly-white, maybe white and gold.)

Furthermore, these designs could link to the Seven Heavenly Virtues:
Chastity: Meloetta (looks like a pretty girl, can't breed)
Temperance: Togekiss (appears before people who respect one another's rights and avoid needless strife)
Charity: Jirachi (it grants wishes)
Diligence: Dunsparce (can be persistent, annoying even, if used right, despite being underrated)
Patience: Sawsbuck (waiting for the seasons to change)
Kindness: Blissey (takes care of Pokémon/people)
Humility: Shaymin Sky Forme (looks brave, absorbs/purifies pollutants)

Of course, getting anymore Pokémon with Serene Grace may spoil this idea.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Icycatelf, that was a brilliant case of fridge logic on why those Pokémon would have Serene Grace.

With that in mind, I would give Dunsparce a Flying/Fairy-type form.

I've considered Ground or Bug given it's appearance and natural habitats, but Fairy would seem logical taking into account it's origin being a mythical creature.

It would retain the broad special movepool it has, while gaining the Abilities; Intimidate and Aerilate. Serene Grace still stays as a possible Ability.

To keep it's low BST while improving it as much as possible, it would need to lose half of it's HP and some Defense and Sp. Def. In return, its Attack, Sp. Atk and Speed are raised.

80/80 offenses and 100 Speed may not sound all that appealing, but it would learn Dragon Dance and Quiver Dance to boost them.

New moves would include Play Rough, Moonblast, Gust, Hurricane, Quick Attack, Lunge, Bug Buzz, Heat Wave, Flare Blitz, Icicle Crash, and Dark Pulse.

To describe it's appearance, it would be a lot slimmer with larger feathered wings containing colorful patterns. Eyes are open and can glow bright yellow.

Back