The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old June 10th, 2012 (9:44 PM).

I downloaded NSE but when i open my rom and go through the sprites there just random colors and there is no sprite, so my quesion is how do i fix that?
    Old June 10th, 2012 (10:12 PM).
    Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DarkCharizard77 View Post
      I downloaded NSE but when i open my rom and go through the sprites there just random colors and there is no sprite, so my quesion is how do i fix that?
      Which version of NSE did you get? The newer one (2.X) or the older one? I usually use the older one for OW sprites, probably just because I'm more comfortable with the older version.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by PokemonPurple View Post
      What would be wrong with my ROM...and how would I fix the connection error?
      I'd begin by looking at various events on the map you're trying to warp to. Sometimes, person events cause the game to freeze, especially if they are set to the wrong "hidden" setting. It might be a problem with one of the level scripts as well. If neither of those are the case, I'd open up the header tab, in professional view, and double-check that all the offsets end in 0, 4, 8, or C. If none of those work, The only thing left to do would be to boot up a backup, or at least just make a separate map with the exact same stuff as the first, and see if that does anything.

I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.

Old June 10th, 2012 (10:51 PM). Edited June 10th, 2012 by tajaros.
      Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
        Is it possible to add the actual picture for trainer sprites into the game the same way as pokemon front sprites? I've seen guides for the trainer sprites, and it looks more complicated and I just wanna know if it can be done easier because I tried doing it a similar way and the picture was there just without the skin tone, if theres no other way can someone tell me what exactly im doing differently as far as how its affecting the image im putting in? so I can understand what I'm changing as I go along?
        I'm using fire red rom and I found the soul silver trainer pictures online and I'm trying to replace those with other sprites in the game. Thank you.
        They are just the same as adding Pokemon you just have to be sure they're 64x64 try this tut http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183874 but this time replace the trainer sprites in unlz they are located after the POKEMON sprites....

Just do the method that's in there and you should easily insert trainer sprites... :)

Quote:
        I think you need to download .net framework for it to work properly but you can also use OWERWORLD EDITOR REBIRTH EDITION they're just the same the only thing that is different is that you can import and export sprites in NSE... :)
        Old June 11th, 2012 (12:52 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KF View Post
          Hello everyone,

I'm actually on a Fire Red rom hack, and I want my new game to be able to bypass the 510 EVs limit (so every single stat can go up to 255).

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you very much.
          I just repost my question, so people can see it. is it okay?

Thank you.
          Old June 11th, 2012 (5:00 AM).
          Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
            Quote:
            I just repost my question, so people can see it. is it okay?

Thank you.
            That's an interesting one. The limit is the total of all your EVs, yeah? There'll be a limiter somewhere in the ROM which specifically disallows for the total being higher than that. I'll see if I can find it.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
            @jambo51

thanks but how about in trainerbattle how can make the script continue after losing without using the oak battle tutorial?
            Sorry to say, but it's exactly the same answer. It simply is not designed to allow the script to continue if you lose the battle.
            Old June 11th, 2012 (5:21 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
              That's an interesting one. The limit is the total of all your EVs, yeah? There'll be a limiter somewhere in the ROM which specifically disallows for the total being higher than that. I'll see if I can find it.

Oh god thank you so much! My hack will be absolutely awesome, and if you find a way to change the EV limit, you'll be sure to have your name in my game!
              Old June 11th, 2012 (5:37 AM). Edited June 11th, 2012 by Jambo51.
              Glory To Arstotzka

To disable the 510 EV limit, open your ROM in a Hex Editor and change:

0x439E0 C0 00

However, I can't guarantee that this will also apply to the Exp. Share EVs. It will definitely work for normal EV application though.
                Old June 11th, 2012 (6:08 AM).

Quote:
                  To disable the 510 EV limit, open your ROM in a Hex Editor and change:

0x439E0 00 C0

However, I can't guarantee that this will also apply to the Exp. Share EVs. It will definitely work for normal EV application though.
                  Thank you so much dude! But how can I find this "0x439E0 00 C0"

I can't find anything like this with my hex editor. :(
                  Old June 11th, 2012 (6:14 AM).
                  Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Quote:
                    Thank you so much dude! But how can I find this "0x439E0 00 C0"

I can't find anything like this with my hex editor. :(
                    0x439E0 is an offset where you should go with the "Go to offset" (or whatever your hex editor shows it as) command.
                    There, change the first two bytes you see into 00 C0.
                    Old June 11th, 2012 (6:26 AM). Edited June 11th, 2012 by KF.

It's wierd, it doesn't seem to work. Is this for Fire Red? Are you in 16 bits?

000439E0 40 00 81 42 04 DD 10 18 39 19 40 1A 00 04 04 0C This is what I have. Which ones have I to change?

I changed the 40 00 in 00 0C, and now the limit is 255.
                      Old June 11th, 2012 (7:27 AM).
                      Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
                        It's wierd, it doesn't seem to work. Is this for Fire Red? Are you in 16 bits?

000439E0 40 00 81 42 04 DD 10 18 39 19 40 1A 00 04 04 0C This is what I have. Which ones have I to change?

I changed the 40 00 in 00 0C, and now the limit is 255.
                        Firstly, I gave you the thing to change the wrong way round.
                        Secondly, you changed it wrong, anyway.

Go to 0x439E0 and change it from 40 00 to C0 00.
                        Old June 11th, 2012 (7:28 AM). Edited June 11th, 2012 by LugiaMZ.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                          For the former, yes. the 08 denotes that the values are in the ROM, which is generally the most edited portion of the game itself, and used by all tools and scripts. Other values access different parts of the memory.

For the latter, also yes.
                          Thanks, I tried, It work! Now, I have a bunch of problem, hope you can use your super brain to reply me.:)

1) I want to edit Worldmap 2/3/4, but I can't find at unlz-gba, can you give me those unlz num or anythings to edit them?

2) I need to create 2 region so need 8 Elite Four, Can I add the Elite Four before battle the big sprite ( Before battle with Elite Four or champion will appear the big face sprite)? How to add them? I know this is impossible.

3) How do I change trainer battle music? Example I use Brock, it track is battle with gym leader and elite four, so I want to change it to champion battle track, how can I do it? ( I not mean Sappy to assembly song, I'm only want to change trainer battle music to other music) And Can I change simple one trainer battle music change to Pallet Town? How to do it?

4) Can I change pokemon move sprite and move animation? Example I want to Change AeroBlast to Pokemon The Power of one the lugia AeroBlast? How to change it?

5) If I patched the Fire Red +40 OW Sprite patcher at tutorial page to my clean Fire Red Rom, then I patched JPAN Hacked Engine V1.1 to the same Rom, it has any problem with the rom?

6) My Fire Red Rom having save problem, I know need to change VBA save type, but when play at gpsp how to save it? How do I fix this problem?
                          Old June 11th, 2012 (7:45 AM). Edited June 11th, 2012 by KF.

Quote:
                            Firstly, I gave you the thing to change the wrong way round.
                            Secondly, you changed it wrong, anyway.

Go to 0x439E0 and change it from 40 00 to C0 00.
                            It still doesn't work :( it's stuck to 516 now.

I understand what you did, I tried to change this value a little, and I saw that 00 limits to 255 EVs, you add 40 and it gets to the actual 510 EVs, and then x3 for the 1530 EVs (40x3 = C0 in hexadecimal).
                            I thought it would work too this time, but when I tried to train my Eevee (with macho Brace and Pokérus), I could make it go up to 519 and now it's unable to earn EVs anymore.

I don't really understand this, it should have worked.
                            Old June 11th, 2012 (8:39 AM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
                              Thanks, I tried, It work! Now, I have a bunch of problem, hope you can use your super brain to reply me.:)

1) I want to edit Worldmap 2/3/4, but I can't find at unlz-gba, can you give me those unlz num or anythings to edit them?

2) I need to create 2 region so need 8 Elite Four, Can I add the Elite Four before battle the big sprite ( Before battle with Elite Four or champion will appear the big face sprite)? How to add them? I know this is impossible.

3) How do I change trainer battle music? Example I use Brock, it track is battle with gym leader and elite four, so I want to change it to champion battle track, how can I do it? ( I not mean Sappy to assembly song, I'm only want to change trainer battle music to other music) And Can I change simple one trainer battle music change to Pallet Town? How to do it?

4) Can I change pokemon move sprite and move animation? Example I want to Change AeroBlast to Pokemon The Power of one the lugia AeroBlast? How to change it?

5) If I patched the Fire Red +40 OW Sprite patcher at tutorial page to my clean Fire Red Rom, then I patched JPAN Hacked Engine V1.1 to the same Rom, it has any problem with the rom?

6) My Fire Red Rom having save problem, I know need to change VBA save type, but when play at gpsp how to save it? How do I fix this problem?
                              Yay lists!

1) Worldmaps 1, 2, 3, and 4 in Firered all use the exact same image on UNLZ.gba, but each map has a different tilemap. For info on changing these, I recommend this tutorial.

2) I believe you're referring to the Vs Screen before you battle the E4. This is possible, since I did it in my hack, but I don't know where the tutorial is. I recommend searching around the tutorial thread.

3) I've heard that there isn't a table or anything that controls what music plays where, so I don't know how to fix it. However, Jambo51 said he had a routine that could accomplish this. I'd PM him, and I also hope he'll post his routine here, because I really want it too @[email protected]

4) I don't think anyone's completely figured out how to do move animations.

5) I've never tried it, but I'm guessing there might be a small problem, since the table that deals with the 60,000+ OW has a pointer to the original OW data, and not to the newly repointed OW data that I assume the 40+ Sprite patch would have. Just go in with a hex editor, and do some poking around to find your pointers and replace the old one with the new one.

6) I think pretty much all ROMs have trouble saving on VBA. I've played ShinyGold on both No$GBA and VBA, and it saved fine in one, and failed in the other. I've even played a normal Emerald rom, and it failed to save as well. The best option is to just take savestates of the game.

Old June 11th, 2012 (9:57 AM).

I got the older version of NSE one cause i thought it would be easier to use.
                                Old June 11th, 2012 (9:58 AM).

Quote:
                                  Which version of NSE did you get? The newer one (2.X) or the older one? I usually use the older one for OW sprites, probably just because I'm more comfortable with the older version.

I'd begin by looking at various events on the map you're trying to warp to. Sometimes, person events cause the game to freeze, especially if they are set to the wrong "hidden" setting. It might be a problem with one of the level scripts as well. If neither of those are the case, I'd open up the header tab, in professional view, and double-check that all the offsets end in 0, 4, 8, or C. If none of those work, The only thing left to do would be to boot up a backup, or at least just make a separate map with the exact same stuff as the first, and see if that does anything.
                                  My map-script offset ends in a 7, is that the problem?
                                  Old June 11th, 2012 (10:05 AM).

Quote:

I got the older one cause i thought it would be easier to use.
                                    Old June 11th, 2012 (10:16 AM).
                                    Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
                                      It still doesn't work :( it's stuck to 516 now.

I understand what you did, I tried to change this value a little, and I saw that 00 limits to 255 EVs, you add 40 and it gets to the actual 510 EVs, and then x3 for the 1530 EVs (40x3 = C0 in hexadecimal).
                                      I thought it would work too this time, but when I tried to train my Eevee (with macho Brace and Pokérus), I could make it go up to 519 and now it's unable to earn EVs anymore.

I don't really understand this, it should have worked.
                                      There's a secondary check later which I didn't spot. Go to 0x43A3C and change it to EXACTLY THIS: F9 05 00 00

If that doesn't solve it, then there are checks deeper inside the actual Pokémon encrypter, which would take some time to find.
                                      Old June 11th, 2012 (10:38 AM).

My problem has been resolved, I just duped the maps and changed the warps. Thanks for the help guys. :')
                                        Old June 11th, 2012 (10:41 AM).

Quote:
                                          There's a secondary check later which I didn't spot. Go to 0x43A3C and change it to EXACTLY THIS: F9 05 00 00

If that doesn't solve it, then there are checks deeper inside the actual Pokémon encrypter, which would take some time to find.
                                          Hehehe no! There isn't any other check! Thank you soooooooo much dude! You helped me a lot with my rom hack!
                                          Fore sure you'll be in my game! (trainer or whatever you want)

You helped me to make a unique rom hack!
                                          Old June 11th, 2012 (1:26 PM).
                                          ASM is my life now...

Quote:

3) I've heard that there isn't a table or anything that controls what music plays where, so I don't know how to fix it. However, Jambo51 said he had a routine that could accomplish this. I'd PM him, and I also hope he'll post his routine here, because I really want it too @[email protected]
                                            Hya, dude.I'm sure Jambo51 has an advanced version of the routine, but for starters, what you might want is a piece of work made by our dear ASM hacker MM_X.
                                            The routine you're looking for is here: http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=13

Greetz

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                            Old June 11th, 2012 (3:18 PM). Edited June 11th, 2012 by redriders180.
                                            redriders180 redriders180 is offline

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post

Hya, dude.I'm sure Jambo51 has an advanced version of the routine, but for starters, what you might want is a piece of work made by our dear ASM hacker MM_X.
                                              The routine you're looking for is here: http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=13

Greetz
                                              I've actually seen this tutorial, and it didn't end up working for me v.v. I was actually referring to different battle themes depending on the trainer class, which isn't always easy to do with variables, since trainer battles freeze when the first command is something that isn't "trainerbattle ...". He mentioned such a routine a page or two ago, and I was hoping to try it out.

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Jambo51
                                              2 - You can use one of my routines which creates a table which allows definitions of regional music and trainer class based music (so you could define Team Rocket to have a battle theme, for example).

While we're at it, it's also possible to define more custom encounter music. I'll add the code in question to this post when I get to my PC.

Hope this helps.

Old June 11th, 2012 (7:42 PM).
                                              DarkCharizard77 DarkCharizard77 is offline

I dont know if this question belongs here,anyway were can i download PkmnAdv.exe,cause i've been looking for half an hour and still cant find it
                                                Old June 11th, 2012 (7:49 PM).
                                                Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
                                                  I dont know if this question belongs here,anyway were can i download PkmnAdv.exe,cause i've been looking for half an hour and still cant find it
                                                  Hmmm... Try going to my tutorial thread to download the latest version.... http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279345
                                                  But POKESCRIPT is outdated mind using XSE it's way better.... :)
                                                  Old June 12th, 2012 (1:20 AM).
                                                  Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
                                                    Working on it. It needs some tidying up.

Quote:
                                                    6) I think pretty much all ROMs have trouble saving on VBA. I've played ShinyGold on both No$GBA and VBA, and it saved fine in one, and failed in the other. I've even played a normal Emerald rom, and it failed to save as well. The best option is to just take savestates of the game.
                                                    Not if you set them to the correct save type. Save states actually cause massive problems, particularly on RSE where the PRNG won't get reseeded, which leads to problems quite quickly. I've tried VBA, VBA-M, VBA-L, VBA-H, No$ and No$ debugger and they all save correctly, provided you set the save type right.

Quick Reply