• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] [M] Darkest It Can Be [IC]

Years
Anthony Sorrel

Anthony had been standing in front of the desk, with his back to Tessaro. It was fun, standing there, almost like all the attention was on him. Of course, Tessaro had to ruin the illusion by talking and opening a drawer. A couple of the guys came up to take a C-Gear, and Anthony let them, opting to grab a muffin instead.

The guys started scanning themselves, and seemed almost pleased by the results, as if they were confirming something they'd suspected for years, and a great weight had been lifted from their shoulders. Seeing it, Anthony decided yeah, he wanted in on that action. He stepped forward to grab a C-Gear for himself. His favorite color being black, he naturally wanted the black one, but he didn't want to push past the others, and the only one within reach was green.

He grabbed the green one and stepped back, contenting himself with the fact that it had a black border around the screen. He scanned himself, bouncing on his heels in excitement. "Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I bet I'm something cool, like an Electric type, full of pep and energy! Ooh! Or a Dark type, because I'm so cool and distant. Or maybe a Fairy, because I eat a lot of pancakes! Or..." The C-Gear beeped, and he checked the readout.

TYPING : Grass
ABILITY : Chlorophyll
MOVES : Vine Whip, Synthesis

"...a Grass type! ...okay! I guess that makes sense. I mean, I spend a lot of time outside, and I like the sun, and I drink a lot of water after I exercise, but doesn't everyone?" He rubbed his chin with his free hand, accidentally smearing chocolate over his face stubble. "But I'm okay with that! If Grass is my type, then I'll just be the best darn Grass type I can be! After all, my maiden name is Rose! And every rose has its thorns! Oh wait! I can use Vine Whip?! That's awesome! How do I do that?" He started feeling around his body, looking for vines, bulbs, seeds, or any other trace of plant matter that would let him use Vine Whip.

"Hey, Mr. Tessaro, how do we do attacks?" He asked, trying to feel his own back. "I wanna see if my vines have thorns, like a rose!"

Years
Rail brushed off the lint and dust off of her as a few of the boys got up to go check up on their typings. After seeing a few of them check, curiosity took over the small girl as she sighed and got up to grab one of the C-Gears and scanned herself.

Type: Dragon
Ability: Tough Claws
Moves: Twister, Scratch

"Dragon, huh?" Rail couldn't help but swell up in pride in having what is known as the most brutal vicious typing in all of Pokemon. Sure, fairies could bring her down to her knees--more reason to hate the color pink other than just defining her gender--but that didn't stop her from feeling really cool. "Way better than being a bug, that's for sure~"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

Y9qPysb.jpg

Name: Alex Hunt

Location: Instinct High School: Mr. Tessaro's Classroom. ✕█  Typing: Water ✕  CR: 1​

Alex wanted for Mr. Tessaro to answer the boy Alex knew from the Bakery. He was pretty sure that his name was Anthony, but he was not certain. He couldn't remember if that thought had already crossed his mind or not. He was still lost in finding out that he was a hybrid. Alex was just as interested in learning how to use the attacks as Anthony was.

He wondered why out of everyone here, only 1 or 2 seemed to be joyful, the others, including himself, seemed like they were not likely to make close friends. At least that was the vibe he was getting from the room. Even his own actions already seemed to make him look like a sarcastic ass. And anything that had been side, seemed to have negative impacts on the ones that the words were aimed at.

This made him wonder what had happened to all of them in the past. He looked at himself, trying to figure out what had made him, at times, cold to others. He hadn't always been like that. Then he remembered it was the day of the fire, 8 years ago.

He found out that even those who are heroes, are still treated badly. It seemed like people found faults in heroes when they did something great, making it over look the good deeds that had been done. Trying to make them the evil force.

Alex and Ayumi were walking and playing together in the snow early on in the morning. They were so happy together when they were 10... They played in a small part and then sat on a picnic table. They had the playground to themselves everyone else was probably still having Christmas Morning with their family. Alex's mother had woken him up at 5 in the morning, before the sun had even come up. She wanted him to see his gifts. One had been a new camera and a laptop for his photos. He had also received numerous things for sketches. So he was free to do what he wanted until later when his friends and family would come over.

At 6 a.m. He had gotten ready and headed out to Ayumi's home. She had called the night before, crying. He had told her that her mother and father was leaving early Christmas morning. He had asked his mother if she could spend the night and although his mother agreed, Ayumi's family did not. Alex had learned that her parents had left at 4 a.m. to go to some party and that they would not return until later on. This annoyed Alex. He knew what it felt like for a parent to leave. But on Christmas? That was just terrible.

He had surprised Ayumi that morning, which led them to goign to the part at around 8 a.m. when the sun was a bit more in the sky. He didn't want her to feel lonely on Christmas. He wanted to bring her home for good, but he knew her parents wouldn't allow that, even though they never really cared about her or Alex's family. Which had pissed him off even more.

They exchanged gives. He had gotten a scarf of grey and orange and he had gotten her a new pair of glasses. Her's had long needed replacement, but her parents never put effort into replacing them. He had also gotten her a hair bow that was in the same exact coloring. Her favorite color had been grey and his was orange. Since then, he had also turned to liking blues.

"I love it!" Alex said.

"I am glad! It took me a while to find one in those colors! I love your's too! Did you have as much trouble as me?" Ayumi asked.

"Actually... I told my mom what I wanted to get you, before I knew it. She ended up finding it before I could even look myself..." Alex admitted, scratching his neck.

Ayumi smiled, "Your mother is so amazing. I wish mine was as cool as her...." Ayumi said.

"Yeah what your parents did was wrong... I wish... I wish you could stay with me for now on... I know how it feels." Alex said, before he knew what had come out.

Ayumi had looked at him at that moment. Their eyes had met and her's watered. She then gave a smile and got up and walked over to him, giving him a peck on the cheek. His face turned red. He didn't know why... a new feeling had formed in his stomach... one he have never felt before... It was as if his heart had suddenly picked up pace. He had never felt like this to anyone before... he didn't know what the feeling was. Ayumi gave him a hug and then let him go.

"You are so kind Alex. I wish my parents would actually smile at our friendship." Ayumi had said.

Alex was now seeing Ayumi in a different way. She looked... beautiful. Especially with the sun bouncing around on her white hair, as if it was snow. similar to the ground which was covered in snow. He helped her put her bow in her hair. It was more of a headband, one that the girl named May, also known as Sapphire, had worn in stories he had read in a book. He placed his scarf around his neck and both of them walked to the square where a massive Christmas tree stood. There was a few people in the streets now, walking to house to house, giving out gifts.

A song came to both of their heads as snow began to fall yet again. It had been from the movie they had watched with the same girl, May/Sapphire, in it. They looked up at the tree, holding hands in the falling snow in their winter clothing, and they started singing.

Alex: "In our never ending journey, the roads are split apart."
Ayumi: "A chapter wrote us in a story, I finished you or start."
Alex: "And even though it feels like the end, my friend."
Ayumi: "You know it's only the beginning... It's the beginning."

Both: "Together we'll make a promise, To never forget it all.
We've only scratched the surface, of worlds we'll come to know.
Together moving forward, even though we're far apart.
So safe and sound inside our hearts.
We keep our word till we are together once again."

They both continued singing the song, taking turns with the lyrics and coming together again on parts. They went to the store together to mess around with Christmas decorations and finally, at noon, it was time to go home.

"I need to do some stuff at home Alex. Could you come by later? I may have a few more presents for you." Ayumi said.

"But.. I don't have anything else for you. How about you come to the party tonight? You can spend the night while your parents are gone, they aren't supposed to be home till later tomorrow. They won't know. We could watch movies." Alex said.

Ayumi smiled, "That sounds awesome. I will be there once I get done with everything! See you!" Ayumi said, running toward her home.

"Bye! See you tonight!" Alex yelled, waving after her.

But... then everything came crashing down that night....

At 6 p.m. he party had already started. Alex was starting to worry about Ayumi. She said she was coming. Even Alex's mother was starting to worry.

"Alex, go to her house. Make sure everything is ok." His mother said.

"Are you sure? Don't you need help?" Alex asked.

"I can help her!" A low pitched voice came.

Alex looked over to see a little girl with blue hair and glasses.

"Oh why hello Yuki. I didn't know you were her. Where is your parents?" Alex's mother asked.

"Out in the car! They are getting stuff to bring in. They will be in a few seconds! Alex, go check on Ayumi! Now! It isn't right without her. Now go! Shoo!" Yuki said, shoving him toward the door.

Alex smiled and put his hand on her head and messed her hair up. He quickly got his jacket on and headed outside. He walked down the road, hands in his pockets. Thinking about seeing her, Butterfree and Beautifly started to make his stomach churn. He was nervous.

He was getting closer to her house, he could smell smoke. Something was burning. He started to get worried as the smell became increasing strong. He looked up in the sky and he could she the glow of fire... a big fire... In the direction of Ayumi's house.

"Ayumi!" He cried as he started to run.

He got to her house, and his fears were very much coming. And slid on ice on the sidewalk and looked at the entire house was engulfed in flames.

"No!" He cried as he ran to the door.

He wasn't even thinking and he grabbed the nob, but it did not burn him, but it did not open. He started to wiggle the nob more and when it didn't open, he started to shoulder bash the door.

"Damn it! Why is the door looked! Ayumi! Ayumi!" He cried has he banged on the door with his fists.

He couldn't hear nothing. The flames were roaring so load, he could barely her himself.

"No! Damn it no!" He cried as he slid to his knees. He lost hope, but only for a minute. He saw the window that he could reach. The fire had melted the snow, revealing a rock near the window.

He quickly ran from the door and toward the rock. He slid in the water which seemed to work in his favor instead of causing him to struggle, but he was always able to move better in any type of water than others for a reason he could not find. He grabbed the stone and hurled it at the window. With great impact, the glass almost completely shattered, he could even hear it break and he hoped other would hear it and get help.

He climbed into the window, but as he did, his shoulder caught a shard of glass bit deep, He didn't care and continued to move, his shoulder was cut open from side to side, stopping just at the back of the shoulder.

"Ayumi! Ayumi! Where are you!?" He cried.

"A-Alex!" She cried as loud as she could.

He ran toward her cry. It was hard to locate the sound. The cry had been weak. He dodged flames and wood that was falling. He thought for sure he was going to be burned alive, but pain never came. Not from flames at least.

After a moment, he had finally found her. She was laying on the floor. He quickly ran over to her and as he did, his foot found a hole near her and he slid into it, but he grabbed a piece of furniture that had not yet caught fire. He got her to his feet and put his arm around her, helping her stand.

"W-watch o-" She tried to say, but at that moment, part of the roof splintered. He fell toward her, but he used his free arm to block it. But the wood was sharp and it cut into his arm. He cried out in pain, but forced it forward, not giving up. The part of the roof finally snapped the rest of the way has he moved forward. He was pretty sure the fire had weakened it enough for him to move forward. He continued to the door, but he heard something move behind him. He knew it had to be a piece of furniture or something falling through the upstairs. And that is when something crashed hard into the back of his head. The door flung open as he and Ayumi fell. At the door, firefighters and water pokemon were there. He and Ayumi fell into a Samurott's body and then everything went black.

A few days had passed. They never had the chance to spend Christmas Night together. Both were hospitalized for the rest of the year. One day, he was in her room. She was taking longer to recover. Her white hair was stained by ash and she had severe burns and a large scar across her back. All he had was scars from the cuts and a huge fear of large fires. He had not been burned and so.... he was blamed.

"How dare you sit in my daughter's room you psycho! How dare you!" Ayumi's mother had come in screaming. Her father behind her.

Alex turned on her, "How dare I! How dare I!? If it wasn't for me, your daughter would be dead! How dare you blame me you bitch! Oh wait, you wouldn't care would you!? You never cared about her! How could you leave your own daughter on Christmas Day!? How could you ever do such an idotic thing! This is your fault! Don't try to blame it on me! You left! If you hadn't maybe this would have never happened! How dare I? HOW DARE YOU!" Alex roared.

Tears rolled out of his eyes, he could feel wind from the open window blowing by him. Ayumi's mother's eye almost seemed to turn red and she attempted to slap Alex across his face, but he caught it and squeezed. He then shoved her back into her husband.

"You dare hurt my wife!? You have done it now boy!" The father roared as he started to bunch. There was no way Alex could stop him, but his mother appeared, grabbed the man's arm, twisted it and bent it upward, shattering the bone. He man cried out, bringing an officer to the room.

"You will not touch my son." His mother almost seemed to growl.

"Arrest them!" Ayumi's mother yelled.

"No. I saw the whole thing on camera just in the other room."

"What! This boy attacked me!" Yelled Ayumi's mother.

"No. You tried to slap him and he defended himself. And the your husband tried the bunch, so a mother did the MOTHERLY thing and stopped him. So no, I will not. However, if you two continue... I will arrest both of you for child neglect and assault." The officer said.

This pissed Ayumi's parents off, "Fine, but know this isn't over, as soon as she is better, we will be moving and you will never see her again." Her parents started to leave.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that. I will be searching a lot when I am older, not just for her, but for other things. Together we made a promise... and we will keep our word until we are together once again. When that day comes, I will find her and I will take her away from you." Alex growled, eyes burning like a fire that danced on the house that night.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Back at the School, Present Day...

And so that time had come... he would find her again. And then suddenly it hit him...

'Together we made a promise, and we would keep our word till we are together once again...' Alex thought

"Wa-watch o-" Alex repeated her words....

'Someone else was there at the fire that night....' He thought.

Last edited:
Back