• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lurantis GX | FULL SuMo deck

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
Quick intro here, I want to make a Lurantis GX deck but only with cards from SuMo set or that were reprinted in the SuMo set. I'm not really competitive player so I like to have a bit more fun with my decks.
I especially like "theme decks" so I'd try to keep this one in a neoFlower kind of style.

So to start off
pokemon x?:

3x fomantis
3x Lurantis GX
3x grubbin
2x Charjabug
3x vikavolt
?x Morelull
?x Shiinotic (I'm a big fan of the ability here, just not sure if it'll actually be of any help)

Trainers x?:

2x nest ball
4x Ultra ball
4x poison barb (I actually like this poke tool)
3-4x Aether paradise conservation area (not out yet, next set)
4x lillie
3x professor kukui
3x crushing hammer (maybe idk)
1x Ilima (since I won't be playing N but she's a huge doubt)
3x rare candy

energy:
12x grass energy

This is definitely an unfinished list but I was hoping if you guys had any ideas, to just throw it at me.
The reason why I want to have it full SuMo is because I was thinking of restarting together with my little brothers with SuMo. They currently don't really have a decent deck, they've been playing a structure deck to learn how to play and altered those slightly but I don't think they're having a lot of fun with those anymore. I've introduced them to pokemon tcg online and they've been trying to play some decks that are more SuMo cuz that's where they started in/with the VG. It seems that they really want to play with their starter pokemon.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Tauros GX could be a good tech to throw in. Repel/Pokemon Catcher too since you#re only using SM cards. And Switch.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
Tauros GX could be a good tech to throw in. Repel/Pokemon Catcher too since you#re only using SM cards. And Switch.

Tauros is definitely not bad, you can deal quite some damage with it. I do prefer to play it in decks that run dce. Or what I really like is to start out on a tauros.
Repel/pkmn catcher might be a good replacement for Lyssandre, tho repel doesn't let you pick and pkmn catcher is a chance one, I'm not too lucky. Idk how the retreat is for Lurantis so I'll definitely look into it.

the only one I kind of wanted to add in was Beedrill ex and it's mega but they're kind of hard to find and since they're promo idk what set they're stuck to (rotation-wise). On top of that, it would be a bit cheating.
I think the oldest of my (2) lil bros is gonna go with lycanroc gx (the promo one), I'll help with it of course. Maybe look some things up. They don't have a lot of cards and most of it is now changing to SuMo hence why I thought it might be best to just completely reset and start over. Also god, I'm talking too much just to keep myself awake XD

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Tauros is definitely not bad, you can deal quite some damage with it. I do prefer to play it in decks that run dce. Or what I really like is to start out on a tauros.
Repel/pkmn catcher might be a good replacement for Lyssandre, tho repel doesn't let you pick and pkmn catcher is a chance one, I'm not too lucky. Idk how the retreat is for Lurantis so I'll definitely look into it.

the only one I kind of wanted to add in was Beedrill ex and it's mega but they're kind of hard to find and since they're promo idk what set they're stuck to (rotation-wise). On top of that, it would be a bit cheating.
I think the oldest of my (2) lil bros is gonna go with lycanroc gx (the promo one), I'll help with it of course. Maybe look some things up. They don't have a lot of cards and most of it is now changing to SuMo hence why I thought it might be best to just completely reset and start over. Also god, I'm talking too much just to keep myself awake XD

Beedrill is quite a late promo so it'll be in for another two years I think

Lycanroc is gonna be good providing you pair it with strong energy and Carbink BREAK

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
Beedrill is quite a late promo so it'll be in for another two years I think

Lycanroc is gonna be good providing you pair it with strong energy and Carbink BREAK

I don't think there's a carbink break in SuMo XD
He's cheap tho so maybe if my lil bro sells some cards he can get that in return but ... he doesn't really have a lot.
Best things he has is full art gyarados ex (shiny one with manaphy on it) and espeon gx ... he also pulled a secret alakazam (so he says, haven't seen it yet, stopping by tomorrow). And idk, I might spoil the game for them if I just buy the cards they need ...

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I don't think there's a carbink break in SuMo XD
He's cheap tho so maybe if my lil bro sells some cards he can get that in return but ... he doesn't really have a lot.
Best things he has is full art gyarados ex (shiny one with manaphy on it) and espeon gx ... he also pulled a secret alakazam (so he says, haven't seen it yet, stopping by tomorrow). And idk, I might spoil the game for them if I just buy the cards they need ...

Yeah that and Strong Energy are both in Fates Collide, but it's the best way to run Lycanroc GX

That Gyrados is Secret Rare, should be able to get some carbinks and Breaks for it

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
Yeah that and Strong Energy are both in Fates Collide, but it's the best way to run Lycanroc GX

That Gyrados is Secret Rare, should be able to get some carbinks and Breaks for it

Just checked it, 5-7 bucks ... gonna see tomorrow what it's condition is and maybe take it with me.
Since he's only 8 (or 9, oooh, I'm terrible brother), I do selling and such for him. But no worries, I'm honest about it.
Atm to play lycanroc, I think rockruff is the hardest thing to get. It's out in a blister with some boosters I think, but it's no where for sale here (unless it's not out yet)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Just checked it, 5-7 bucks ... gonna see tomorrow what it's condition is and maybe take it with me.
Since he's only 8 (or 9, oooh, I'm terrible brother), I do selling and such for him. But no worries, I'm honest about it.
Atm to play lycanroc, I think rockruff is the hardest thing to get. It's out in a blister with some boosters I think, but it's no where for sale here (unless it's not out yet)

Yeah Rockruff is the main problem. I'll post up my Lycanroc list if you'd like? It's set for SM2 release as opposed to right now

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
Yeah Rockruff is the main problem. I'll post up my Lycanroc list if you'd like? It's set for SM2 release as opposed to right now

no probs at all.
I'm assuming rockruff will come out in the next set as a common so it'll just have to wait for a bit
I think it's in may, right?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
no probs at all.
I'm assuming rockruff will come out in the next set as a common so it'll just have to wait for a bit
I think it's in may, right?

Yeah there's one in SM2

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
small update, added vikavolt.
Still need to test it out.
But if anyone were to have them irl or online and has some time to test, feel free to let me know how it went.
I personally have a good feeling about it.
I want to quickly distribute energies with this deck to set-up multiple pokemon as fast as possible.

Back