• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Feedback on my Battle Subway team? [Darmanitan/Lilligant/Umbreon]

Enin

...?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 14, 2011
Feedback on my Battle Subway team? [Darmanitan/Umbreon/Lilligant]

I can't seem to get through the Super Single. I'm unsure if this is just bad luck on my part or if there is some glaring flaw in my team that needs to be remedied. Also this probably should have gone in In-Game Team Help.
In any case, here is the lineup, with my comments:

1. Darmanitan + Life Orb
Adamant
Sheer Force
HP 4/Atk 252/Spd 252
Flare Blitz
Rock Slide
Earthquake
U-turn

I basically created this team because I really wanted to have a Darmanitan on it. It is ridiculously rare for something not to be OHKO'd by this one (even by U-Turn), but if she misses, then it's ridiculously rare not for her to be OHKO'd by whatever the opponent uses next. U-Turn is there to prevent super-effective hits, but I don't know why, seeing as everything wrecks her anyway. Such is the life of a sweeper.​

2. Umbreon + Leftovers
Careful
Synchronize
HP 4/Def 252/Sdf 252
Toxic
Mean Look
Taunt
Confuse Ray

I was looking for a wall to supplement my two sweepers and I thought Umbreon would do nicely for the annoyance factor. I thought of adding Double Team instead of Taunt, but I don't think I will do that.

I might replace this guy with a Dusknoir for the same set with the added benefit of Night Shade.​

3. Lilligant + Shell Bell
Modest
Own Tempo
HP 4/Sat 252/Spd 252
Quiver Dance
Giga Drain
Petal Dance
Hidden Power (Rock)

Giga Drain + Shell Bell = all the HP
Petal Dance + Own Tempo = <3
HP Rock + most things unfazed by Grass = surprise!
Quiver Dance + everything = UNSTOPPABLE

In case you couldn't tell I really love my Lilligant.​

Suggest away C:

Last edited:

Snorelacks

First of all, you have some formatting problems.

You don't need the numbers next to the Pokemon's names (1. Darmanitan, 2. Umbreon, 3. Lilligant). Get rid of those.

Also, when talking about the item, use this: "Darmanitan @ Life Orb" as opposed to "Darmanitan + Life Orb".

This is a little thing that's not really required, but you might want to write the stat increased and decreased next to the nature, such as,
"Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)".

Finally, the EV should be before the stat (4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe, etc.) in the spread. One more little thing about EVs: Special Defense is abbreviated as SpDef or SDef, Special Attack is abbreviated as SpAtk or SAtk, and I prefer to abbreviate Speed as Spe so that it never gets confused with Special Defense.

Now for your actual team :D

Stone Edge could be better than Rock Slide for Darmanitan (Despite losing a bit of accuracy) because, while Rock Slide's Base Power is only 120 (considering Life Orb and Sheer Force) while Stone Edge has 160 BP with the same boosts.
Fire Punch can be used in place of Flare Blitz for no recoil, but who cares?
Earthquake isn't boosted by Sheer Force, and neither is U-Turn. You could use something... else? I don't know. I'm tired today.

Lilligant just isn't a very good Pokemon in general. Grass has so many weaknesses you don't really have time to set up a sweep, and a Shell Bell isn't really a good item. As a sweeper, Lilligant just doesn't cut it and is pretty outclassed by Volcarona (which you may want to consider). There are also many things that resist Grass/Rock, most notably Steels.

Umbreon needs some source of recovery outside Leftovers (which he has, look at Moonlight). Also, Mean Look isn't really all that useful, and in the Battle Subway, status moves are few and far between, which could make Taunt less useful. Also, I prefer Dusknoir to Umbreon. Dusknoir is surprisingly frail.

Maybe this:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SpDef
Payback/Taunt
Moonlight
Toxic
Confuse Ray

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
First of all, you have some formatting problems.

You don't need the numbers next to the Pokemon's names (1. Darmanitan, 2. Umbreon, 3. Lilligant). Get rid of those.

Also, when talking about the item, use this: "Darmanitan @ Life Orb" as opposed to "Darmanitan + Life Orb".

This is a little thing that's not really required, but you might want to write the stat increased and decreased next to the nature, such as,
"Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)".

Finally, the EV should be before the stat (4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe, etc.) in the spread. One more little thing about EVs: Special Defense is abbreviated as SpDef or SDef, Special Attack is abbreviated as SpAtk or SAtk, and I prefer to abbreviate Speed as Spe so that it never gets confused with Special Defense.

As long as the information is presented so that the everything is clear, formatting choices don't really matter.

Also, I'll move this to the in-game forum for you.

Back