• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cataclysm Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Pok?mon Cataclysm Version

The Avana Region is in turmoil!
Introduction
Pok?mon Cataclysm is set in the Avana region, a small chain of islands each with their own unique climate. Why these islands have such differing weather patterns has been a topic of study for some, like your mother Prof. Violet!
You and your sibling will embark on a journey to help your mother study the mystery behind the island climate abnormalities in Pok?mon Cataclysm! As her newly minted reserach assistants, it's your job to explore each of the islands and discover what mysteries lie in Avana's ancient ruins. Your father, the President of the technology company Violet Corp., will help in his own way, too!
Avana may be a remote, mostly natural region, but it has developed towns and cities of its own. And where there's cities, there's bound to be Pok?mon Gyms! You'll race your sibling and other Trainers along the way to see who can collect all of Avana's badges first!
There are many mysteries yet to be uncovered. Find out for yourself in Pok?mon Cataclysm!
Community Hack
What is it?
Like Pok?mon Vega and Pok?mon Clover, Pok?mon Cataclysm is a community ROM hack; members from the Pok?Community Forums have come together to showcase their talent and create the ultimate ROM hack.
How can I help?
If you would like to join in as a member of the team, you can create a thread in the applications subforum. Please be sure to follow the template when creating an application.
If you've got something that you think can help us, but don't want the commitment of join a team, you can create a submission in the planning subforum.
But I can't ROM Hack
If you have no ROM hacking skills, it doesn't matter: the team needs all sorts of people. If you are an artist, a musician or a story-writer, or you have some other skill you think can help us, please create an application and we'll get back to you.
How did you do X?
All the code used in the community ROM hack is open source and free to use (Please keep in mind that that does not necessarily mean that the art or other assets are). While you don't need to ask permission to use anything, you should still credit the entire community ROM hack. Also, please be decent - we'd like to get some recognition for the features we've put effort into creating, so don't snipe features or take our story-specific things without modification.
Why do you need a thread if you have an entire sub-forum?
We thought that we needed something that was more visible to the community, to get their input and attract help. It's also a bit of a chore for new team members to read all the posts we've made while planning, so this thread will hopefully get them on roughly the same page as us.
Features
New Region
Explore an entirely new region and meet new characters.
Updated Battle Mechanics
Fairy type, Physical/Special split, Mega Evolutions and all the other modern features you've come to expect from a hack.
Modernised Feel
Black/White repel system, reusable TMs, new items and all the rest.
HMs are gone
Like Sun/Moon, we've removed HMs in favour of flutes - magical items that summon Pok?mon to help you along your journey.
Pok?Pad
A device that contains many features to help you on your journey, including the Pok?dex, DexNav, Phone. Find other applications during your travels to make it do even more!
New Cutscenes
All the cutscenes in the game have been redone.
Fishing Contest
Participate in the fishing contest - a competition not unlike the bug catching contest where contestants compete to catch the best fish Pok?mon.
Screenshots
39r1gLG.png
wl8Bxqd.gif
cGxwU6z.png
fIcVDWK.png
3wZQoRI.png
R8xfZcy.png
I9GPzIr.png
The Team
See the thread.
Credits
See the thread.

Last edited:

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
What is it with hacks having archipelagos for regions now? Each island having its own climate sounds reminiscent of the Grand Line from One Piece. The title screen looks very polished and well done. I am curious as to why Lugia was chosen to be the mascot for the hack. R.I.P. professors being named after trees. This should be a very interesting hack. Its nice to see a new hack that isn't using Gen IV tiles and graphics all over the place. 7.8/10 no Z-moves.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I don't have much to say other than this looks amazing. I haven't really kept up with the development of the project, but wow you guys have made a ton of progress in the past few months. Those screenshots look sick, really looking forward to seeing more of this hack!! ^u^

also yay for FRLG tiles!

BluRose

blu rass
Years
smh
avana region = havana, cuba
sound for sound when pronounced in spanish (what is spoken there)
pok?community's community is actually a dictatorship
nice job nonetheless!
#shinxforcommunityhack

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
this looks so promising! really looking forward to it!

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Looks absolutely brilliant! Has a regional dex been planned out yet?

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
Oh! IDK those graphics are too much!!!! (=
Alpha, Beta, Demo...... Whatever, just let's start playiiinn woohooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back