• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey, I was just playing the B5, and I noticed something different. Didn't Prof. Elm call you about the GS Ball as soon as you reached Cerulean City (provided you defeated Sabrina and Lt.Surge) in B4? Or is the prerequisite amount of badges different in this beta?

No, the prerequisites are the same (Vermilion and Saffron), but, with the implementation of the phone booths, I thought it'd be nice to make the event progress by calling Elm on the phone.

Uh, why did the Team Aqua/Magma music replace the E4/Gymleader music while facing the E4? Is it because most of the E4 were ex-TR members or something?!?

The changes are pending, as I dont have the original E4 revamped version, so I just used whatever I had (and I couldn't use the Champion music for the rest of the E4 members, as I wanted to show that they could have different musics)

As long as that thread helps, and doesn't become a burden here (with people constantly annoying other people by screaming on them "just post in the scrapbox"), then go ahead, and keep that thread.

OK, I'll just remind people this time, if you have gameplay questions, it'll be prefered to post your questions there ;)

Who else thinks that adding a full additional region is over the top?

I guess it's only you :P
As far as I know, people always like when the adventure lasts longer (and, anyway, that's for after Red's battle, anyway, so it doesn't affect Gold's storyline, it just adds AFTER it...)

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
I guess it's only you :P
As far as I know, people always like when the adventure lasts longer (and, anyway, that's for after Red's battle, anyway, so it doesn't affect Gold's storyline, it just adds AFTER it...)

I'm not sure about that. You already made the game very long because of increased levels (which means you have to train Pokemon a lot more than in original).

Adding a region is a different thing because it's a pure fanwank in a hack which is supposed to be at least A BIT "official looking". I really can't fit a new region into good ole' Kanto & Johto. I don't see that. They don't come together. What will be next? Fakemons? 4Gens?

And, considering that Kanto Pokemon levels are over 70, I wonder what will be the Pokemon levels in that new region. A land full of Lv. 100 Pokemon? Scary...

I still support you and respect your view of remake, but I can't let you go overboard.

Last edited:

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
To Maxim:

I personaly love the idea of the new region, and dude you don't have to play the new region :P

But imagine that you can actually get to places where you always wanted to go in a pokemon game, like the orange islands or something...

To Zel:

But ofcourse Maxim does have a bit of a point there, i mean lvl 100 wild pokemon would be a bit weird :P
But you can ofcourse make it a mini region like the Sevii islands, or start your journey over again :P

I mean you did make the phone system, so you now how to store information in the rom,
so you can maybe make the game remember which pokemon you had so when you go back to kanto or
johto you can get them back.

Last edited:

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, I'm so far the only one who had an Elekid in the Egg from the old man, instead of a Pichu. Is the Elekid just a bit more rare or are the odds the same?

~Avversione~

Signature Tag Maker
Years
Just to let ya know Zel... it seems a little weird to see the Legendary Dogs in the wild before even getting the third badge. Yeah, I used codes and caught Raikou while everyone else is in their teens XD.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Just to let ya know Zel... it seems a little weird to see the Legendary Dogs in the wild before even getting the third badge. Yeah, I used codes and caught Raikou while everyone else is in their teens XD.

I don't mind! (I don't think anyone else does either)
And, why cheat? It totally ruins the game.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, I'm so far the only one who had an Elekid in the Egg from the old man, instead of a Pichu. Is the Elekid just a bit more rare or are the odds the same?

I also had an Elekid. ^^
That makes us two. xD
Yes, I'm just making the message bigger so I can post it, the important part is just the first line. ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2008
Come to think of it... If you wanted to keep with the naming style of LG/FR, you'd call the game something like GoldGold, or GoldShiny, 'cause it's <Noun><Adjective>, not <Adjective><Noun>.

Heehee... GoldGold.

Oh, and I completely support new content. Why dere be all da hatin'?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Come to think of it... If you wanted to keep with the naming style of LG/FR, you'd call the game something like GoldGold, or GoldShiny, 'cause it's <Noun><Adjective>, not <Adjective><Noun>.

Heehee... GoldGold.

Oh, and I completely support new content. Why dere be all da hatin'?

Who actually cares if its Shiny Gold or Gold Shiny?

You're getting to technical

Gerri Shin

  
Years
To be quite honest I rather think Shiny Gold sounds better.

now to get back to on topic stuff
Zel I love the Trick house, its wayyyyyy better than the one on RSE. yours makes me think. Good luck, take your time and produce what you're happy with and nothing less. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2008
I know; I wasn't trying to get him to change it to those, I was just saying.

Elainia

Rocky FTW!!!
Years
No, the prerequisites are the same (Vermilion and Saffron), but, with the implementation of the phone booths, I thought it'd be nice to make the event progress by calling Elm on the phone.

Oh, thanks. I figured that'd be how it is anyway...

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
When i fought a rocket grunt at slowpoke well, i saw a ?. Afterwards, an ekans lvl. 17 appeared when I battled another rocket grunt.
Does anyone know why this happened?
the game worked perfectly fine before

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
Hey! How exactly can I go to Kanto after beat elite four? (my emulator is set to "save type" "automatic" and "flash 128k"), but when I beat Carlos in elite four, after credits, the game goes back to the beginning. Is there any other modifications that must be made so that I can go to Kanto? (I will now start to play V5 X beta and I dont want to stop in the half of the game.... thats why I'm asking...)
Another question.. I have about 30 hours in the V4 X beta version and I just downloaded the V5 X... Will my load game work on this new beta version?

Thanks for the help!!

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Just reporting: The stairs in Fuschia's Pokémon Center are not working. At least here. xD

Back