• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if your mom in the games is the girl character from the last game all grown up?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 25, 2014
This applies for every game ahead of Crystal. While there were no girl characters in R, B, Gold, or Silver, I am talking about the games ahead of Crystal. What if the girl character in every game above Crystal is your Mom in the next game?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's a good idea, but… I don't really see it happening, sadly. :( If this were true, we'd be seeing them make references to your mom's journey and whatnot, which they don't. Plus, each game takes place in a different region, so they'd also have to explain why the girl moved from her original, which could be a bit hassle.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Aside from appearances being different, I don't see why they wouldn't make references to the mom being a former Champion already (since the storylines basically end when you become the Champion of the game).

Years
Kudos, that's something I've never heard of or thought about before, haha. I don't think it's plausible, though. None of the mothers in the games give any reason for us to believe they've been on their own journeys. I mean, if I had been a Pokemon trainer in the past and my son was about to set out on his own journey, I'd give him some tips, at least! Most of the moms just wish the player good luck.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
In all my years on this forum, and modding this one specifically, seeing plenty of the same topics crop up (I'm looking at you "there should be a game with all regions"!), I can honestly say I have never heard this theory. Sure, it probably breaks a million timeline plotlines...but kudos to you for having an original theory.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
That's a fun idea, it's a shame that there's a bit too much evidence contradicting that it. It would be pretty funny to see references like that in the game as a kind of easter egg for people who have played the previous generations though.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 25, 2014
In all my years on this forum, and modding this one specifically, seeing plenty of the same topics crop up (I'm looking at you "there should be a game with all regions"!), I can honestly say I have never heard this theory. Sure, it probably breaks a million timeline plotlines...but kudos to you for having an original theory.
Thank you everybody who replied! I never expected a Super Moderator/Moderator to reply to my post, that is really cool, thank you! also thank you for the kudos' guys, lol! This theory was made off the top of my head while playing Pokemon X, I just assumed somebody already thought of it, but I was just feeling like I should post it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Yeah, credit for thinking outside the box man! ^^
It's a good theory, but I can't see this happening. Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are set two years apart from Pokemon Black and White. It would be impossible in that time frame for the female protagonist to get married and have a 10ish year old kid in that time period.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I've literally never seen anything like this. I like the thought put into this topic :)

Anyway, to answer your question, I don't really think this idea would work, seeing as there would be a lack of time to grow old and have a kid who's 10+ years old. It's physically impossible to me, unless the games are set in alternate timeframes, but I'm no Doctor. But, the idea of 2 rivals getting married a few years after the end of the game sounds really good to me, just something I don't expect to see unfortunately.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
hahaha, actually i play me leaf green

as the run of my sapphire guys runs mom. so the idea exists ;)

Back