• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Changing Wallys Tutorial Name [Pokeemerald]

Years
I have a "story" battle before the player gets any pokemon, so I have an NPC beat the pokemon for the player. To do this Im using the StartWallyTutorialBattle special (as seen in Petalburg City's script file). Everything works fine, but Id like to change the name from "Wally" to something else. How can I do this?

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I have a "story" battle before the player gets any pokemon, so I have an NPC beat the pokemon for the player. To do this Im using the StartWallyTutorialBattle special (as seen in Petalburg City's script file). Everything works fine, but Id like to change the name from "Wally" to something else. How can I do this?
Wally's name on the tutorial battle is hardcoded by default. You can edit the text strings used by it as you see fit.
They're at src/battle_message.c, gText_WhatWillWallyDo and sText_WallyUsedItem more specifically.

Back