• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Mystery Universe [PMD MMO]

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
Most likely just maintenance. Sometimes the server gets cut off since it has yet to get a paid dedicated server. Though we do try to keep it up as much as possible.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
I like the premise, and what I've played so far is good, but it's just... confusing. As soon as you enter the overworld you have no idea of what to do. There's no real dialogue that explains what to do, so I basically wonder around the town, with no real idea of how to advance. Some tutorials in the game would certainly help. (Also, my character (A charmander) has no moves. That's not entirely true, since Charmander at least knows Growl at level one. I'm afraid to battle anything, being level one, partnerless, and itemless.)

coolmansam123

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
You have to press "z" to do a normal attack and as you gain levels you will learn more moves

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
Agreed, the game isn't necessarily new player friendly. We are working on implementing the story and guidance not to mention a map of some sort.
These elements will be taking action in the future.
So now it's mostly relying on players(usually in town) or guide on the sites and forums.

Thank you for your concern Mew__nani!

Thanks for helping out Coolmansam123!

Last edited:
Years
Is there a reason that it stays on the logging in screen forever. Ive been waiting for 20 mins and it still hasn't logged in.

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
@rockeymon Glad you share some interest in the game. I hope you enjoy it! ^^

Is there a reason that it stays on the logging in screen forever. I've been waiting for 20 mins and it still hasn't logged in.

I would assume the server is undergoing some temporary connection issue or some form of lag. Or the client is just bugging out.

I've had similar experiences like that. I usually work after a couple of game restarts.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2016
Starters?

It looks really cool. I enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon games, so I am eagerly awaiting this. I just have one question.

Can you start out as any pokemon, or is there a set list of ones, like the mystery dungeon games?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2011
I had those problems too, but the errors showed only when I have Firefox opened Oo
for me it works just fine now, little slow when it comes to connection, but its good

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
Can you start out as any Pokémon, or is there a set list of ones, like the mystery dungeon games?
There are certain Pokémon you may choose to start out with. It does not need a quiz. Though we may apply that feature as an optional. Later you recruit more Pokémon to you team! c:

Looks cool, but I'm sort of confused. It displayed some sort of error message and I turned back into an egg when I logged on again.
Sorry for the inconvenience, probably the server's connection was unstable. It occasionally does happen. ^^;'

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Firstly, how do you find pokemon you recruited after you send them home?

Secondly, whenever I press space, a "k" appears in the chat, and whenever I press enter, a "j" appears, so it's impossible to use commands like /sethouse. Do you know why this is happening?

And backspace doesn't work for me either.

EDIT: Also, um, what happens if one of my recruited Pokemon faints? Because I'd been training Rattata for an hour, and then it fainted... and now it's gone?

Last edited:

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
Firstly, how do you find pokemon you recruited after you send them home?

Secondly, whenever I press space, a "k" appears in the chat, and whenever I press enter, a "j" appears, so it's impossible to use commands like /sethouse. Do you know why this is happening?

EDIT: Also, um, what happens if one of my recruited Pokemon faints? Because I'd been training Rattata for an hour, and then it fainted... and now it's gone?

Partner Pokemon can be found in Chimecho's assembly. From there, you can take up to four Pokemon with you, and if they faint, they end up there. I'm not sure what's happening with the chat, although you might wanna try clicking on the chatbox before you start typing. That's never happened to me before, so I don't know how to fix that.

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years

The text boxes have always been kind of wonky.
We may fix that in the future.
Though it sound that the keyboard might have some stuck keys, since we don't normally get that backspace issue very often.
Though I may be wrong.

Thanks for helping out Coronation!

Last edited:

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
No, my keyboard works fine. But the space/backspace/enter problem always happens for me... I wonder why.

Also, a lot of times in dungeons my character suddenly shifts several tiles, and then I can't attack anyone until it shifts again, while they can attack an empty space that apparently is where I really am.

But still, pretty cool. I'm confusedly stuck after Tiny Grotto, though, and the guides are all quite confusing. And I'm wondering if there's eventually a way to overcome the storage limit? Like making all the apples, etc. stack as one storage item when stored?

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
No, my keyboard works fine. But the space/backspace/enter problem always happens for me... I wonder why.

Also, a lot of times in dungeons my character suddenly shifts several tiles, and then I can't attack anyone until it shifts again, while they can attack an empty space that apparently is where I really am.

But still, pretty cool. I'm confusedly stuck after Tiny Grotto, though, and the guides are all quite confusing. And I'm wondering if there's eventually a way to overcome the storage limit? Like making all the apples, etc. stack as one storage item when stored?

That dungeon thing happens to me too; I believe it's because of server lag but I'm not sure. As for where to go, this game is a lot like the original Legend of Zelda when it comes to dungeon finding. Technically, you're supposed to go to Sour Root Cave for Cut, which is one space up and one to the right from Grassroot Town, but you can also go to Sunny Hillside and Seaside Cavern for training (which you'll probably need).

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
It looks really great. I had a problem i installed the game and then opened it...the update page came up but at Update 2 it ALWAYS stops and i can't play the game :| . Any help?

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
It looks really great. I had a problem i installed the game and then opened it...the update page came up but at Update 2 it ALWAYS stops and i can't play the game :| . Any help?

The same thing happened with me, but if you keep trying, it will eventually work. I don't know why it keeps freezing, but it'll work eventually.

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
Yeah the updater is pretty annoying. Try having it focused on the window. It should go smoothly that way.

When completing missions, You can expand your inventory when you ranks upgrade from a certain amount of explorer points.

Yeah lag can cause some weird stuff. We've recently switch to a dedicated server. Hopefully game-play will go a lot smoother.

Back