• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
oh,im sorry the prob. is that it wont compile,and l dont know where to put the before and after scripts

At the end, maybe?

Code:
#org @before
= Before.

#org @after
= After.

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
PHP:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lockall
applymovement 0x1 @move1
applymovement 0x2 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @!
waitmovement 0x0
message @grunt 0x6
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x2 @stepaside
release
end

#org @grunt
= Welcome!\nWe are Team Rocket.\p[PLAYER]: I know you.\nMy father battled you, Ash.\pGRUNT: Yes, but we battling Team Aqua.\nAnd so are you.\p[PLAYER]: Yes, but..\nGRUNT: We can help each other.\pYou can come here anytime.\nTo rest.\p[PLAYER]: Great! Can I go into the city?\nGRUNT: Sure!

#org @move1
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE

#org @!
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @stepaside
#raw 0x0F
#raw 0x02

This is my script. It's a green S in A-Map, in did this:
Unknown : 0003
Var Number : 406C
Var Value : 0001

When I step on it, nothing happens! Help?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
PHP:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lockall
applymovement 0x1 @move1
applymovement 0x2 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @!
waitmovement 0x0
message @grunt 0x6
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x2 @stepaside
release
end

#org @grunt
= Welcome!\nWe are Team Rocket.\p[PLAYER]: I know you.\nMy father battled you, Ash.\pGRUNT: Yes, but we battling Team Aqua.\nAnd so are you.\p[PLAYER]: Yes, but..\nGRUNT: We can help each other.\pYou can come here anytime.\nTo rest.\p[PLAYER]: Great! Can I go into the city?\nGRUNT: Sure!

#org @move1
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE

#org @!
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @stepaside
#raw 0x0F
#raw 0x02

This is my script. It's a green S in A-Map, in did this:
Unknown : 0003
Var Number : 406C
Var Value : 0001

When I step on it, nothing happens! Help?

Var Value 0001 means the "green S" tile is deactived. Change it to 0000.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
That still doesn't work, when I step on the tile, nothing happens.

Not only you need to set the Var Value to 0000, but you must also check that the variable number you choose isn't used by the game already. Try using a different value. E.g. 4F00.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
I have a problem, I use Advance Map, I tried to overwrite a script, and then what do I do? Because it always goes back to the old script. (I have debug, compiled, saved it and yet nothing works. Yes I am new at using XSE, but can someone help?)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a problem, I use Advance Map, I tried to overwrite a script, and then what do I do? Because it always goes back to the old script. (I have debug, compiled, saved it and yet nothing works. Yes I am new at using XSE, but can someone help?)

Did you read the guide that comes with XSE yet?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Now I remember what happened,the msgbox and org are the same thing,ex:msgbox @1 0x6 and #org @1.When I compile those xse says that they have the same command or whatever,but isnt that suppose to happen?

And yes,I read the xse guide...

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Now I remember what happened,the msgbox and org are the same thing,ex:msgbox @1 0x6 and #org @1.When I compile those xse says that they have the same command or whatever,but isnt that suppose to happen?

And yes,I read the xse guide...

msgbox and #org aren't the same thing, obviously. I suggest you read the guide again.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Okay I redid the script.

Spoiler:

Well I compiled it,and I set the var. number to 4055.But the script didn't activate,is the 4055 already used or basically what should I do?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Okay I redid the script.

Spoiler:

Well I compiled it,and I set the var. number to 4055.But the script didn't activate,is the 4055 already used or basically what should I do?

Basically you should try another variable number.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Man! I know Im being a pain!But for some odd reason XSE says that the script is compiled,but when I goto the offset on Amap the script isn't on there,I think thats why it doesn't work,its as if I never wrote a thing.The box doesn't even come up when I click compile,but at the bottom it says script compiled in 0.882 seconds.Sigh...whats going on?

I didn't get a guide with my XSE...

Edit: Redownloaded the program, I got it this time :D
Sorry for bothering you.
Well I was just bout to say upgrade it through the help menu,but looks like you got it...

EDIT:Something strage happened,the script compiled but still nothing,but I ran into a wild pkmn and after the battle,I became the person that the script uses!

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Man! I know Im being a pain!But for some odd reason XSE says that the script is compiled,but when I goto the offset on Amap the script isn't on there,I think thats why it doesn't work,its as if I never wrote a thing.The box doesn't even come up when I click compile,but at the bottom it says script compiled in 0.882 seconds.Sigh...whats going on?

EDIT:Something strage happened,the script compiled but still nothing,but I ran into a wild pkmn and after the battle,I became the person that the script uses!

Make sure the log it's enabled. That way you can see where the script gets compiled to. Also, the regarding the after battle problem, avoid using the first "Look down" as movement type for people in your maps. It was asked already, so next time search carefully.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Thanks HM I used a different var.number and it worked!...except after the battle I become the opponents OW.But thanks for the help by far.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thanks HM I used a different var.number and it worked!...except after the battle I become the opponents OW.But thanks for the help by far.

You're welcome. Remember to change the movement type to fix the problem.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I changed it to the second look down but it still happened,should I make him hidden

Hm, then try moving the sprite out of the map and use another one to see if something changes. Any further question not strictyl related to scripting: Simple Questions thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back