• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
So Yoshikkko wanted me to RNG a shiny oddish and what better occasion than for my 50th RNG abuse! Also EV trained and stuff

043.png

Oddish
Run Away|lvl. 1|Bold
31|28|31|31|31|31
Sludge Bomb|Sleep Powder|Giga Drain|Hidden Power
252 HP|208 Def|48 Sp.Att

I've done enough breeding to know exactly how many frames the NPCs advance, so it's really easy to hit the right frame and get the mon I want on the first try! I've really improved over these 50 abuses :D

EDIT:
@Gonzo, she wanted the NU set for Vileplume, so defensive with effect spore, and I didn't go for a specific HP lol

Last edited:

evo21

RNGing is awesomes
Years
  • Age 36
  • uk
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
gen4 RNG on R4 cart**

pokemon-Hericendre (french cyndaquil)
ot-roger (02200/48103 RNG abused tid/sid for flawless synch natures)
shiny-no
starter-yes
modest-31/12/31/31/31/31
evs-none yet
ability- Blaze
level-5
ball-pokeball (Starter)

moves -Tackle and leer

**Was RNG'd on my r4 cart using a french rom i own the actual game for

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
So Yoshikkko wanted me to RNG a shiny oddish and what better occasion than for my 50th RNG abuse! Also EV trained and stuff

043.png

Oddish
Run Away|lvl. 1|Bold
31|28|31|31|31|31
Sludge Bomb|Sleep Powder|Giga Drain|Hidden Power
252 HP|208 Def|48 Sp.Att

I've done enough breeding to know exactly how many frames the NPCs advance, so it's really easy to hit the right frame and get the mon I want on the first try! I've really improved over these 50 abuses :D

EDIT:
@Gonzo, she wanted the NU set for Vileplume, so defensive with effect spore, and I didn't go for a specific HP lol

Nice Oddish and congrats on your 50th abuse. I think I'm getting close to 50? Maybe. lol. I know what you mean though, I've done enough breeding now as well to know the NPCs advance my frames by 4 or 5 every time. So I usually get the Pokémon I want on 1st or 2nd try.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Welcome to our two newest participants ^^ Glad to see some more RNG abuses... don't forget about the challenge, guys! If you need any hints, you can always PM TwilightBlade and she'll be happy to help you out :D

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
Happy Birthday TwilightBlade. Challenge Complete. Felt a little stalker-ish while creepin' on your page to see your favorite Pokémon. lol.

007.png
637.gif
007.png

Volcarona
male.png
| Lv. 70
OT: Jay Jay | ID: 37261 | Gen V
Nature: Timid | Ability: Flame Body
IVs: 31 | 26 | 30 | 31 | 30 | 30 HP 70
6.png

Quiver Dance | Bug Buzz | Hidden Power | Heat Wave​

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
So many new talented members! Hooray! Congrats to Vaporeon7 and Sydian on the previous owners' choices. :)

Hey everyone, thank you for the kind wishes and consideration. Okay so like I need to give hints on Challenge #12. ~o~

Here's some of my favorite Pokemon broken down into region.
kanto: wartortle beedrill nidoking clefable ninetales venomoth dewgong seadra lapras eeveelutions articuno dragonair
johto: typhlosion croconaw ariados lanturn togetic mareep azumarill steelix scizor houndoom raikou
hoenn: delcatty mawile vibrava altaria milotic tropius absol spheal gorebyss salamence metang latias latios
sinnoh: luxray mothim lopunny lumineon yanmega gliscor cresselia shaymin darkrai arceus
unova: audino whimsicott lilligant reuniclus galvantula haxorus chandelure bisharp hydreigon volcarona virizion reshiram kyurem

If the shiny color is blue, red, gold, or black, you're pretty safe doing that. I have many favorite Pokemon, but I am highly interested in the quality of your description.

Good luck. Many thanks again for your kindness and for making my birthday on Monday one of my best birthdays ever. It means a lot to me! :3

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
086.gif
notshiny.png
#86 Seel ♀ Lv.10
007.png

OT: Dylan ♂ | ID: 35637
Timid - Ice Body
IVs:31/31/31/30/31/31 70
13.png

Headbutt - Growl - Water Sport - Icicle Spear

I decided to do Seel for Blades birthday. <3 I hadn't ever done Seel, and it's a mutual favorite between us. Seel was my first random shiny back in HG, and I was so mad because only one pixel was a different colour (its eye LOL), but I loved it nonetheless! I went with HP Electric because I'm planning to use it on a subway team and it fit my coverage needs quite well.

Happy birthday Bladeypoo. <333

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
So I did the challenge for one of my partners-in-crime (now at least!):

007.png
179.png
007.png

Lacie (Mareep) ♀ Lv. 13
OT: Luna | ID: 4440
Nature: Modest
Ability: Static
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Tackle, Signal Beam, ThunderShock, Heal Bell
Non-Redis

I choose Mareep because it's fluffy and what kind of girl doesn't like a giant fluff ball? I know she has many other favorites but I think Blade will like this Mareep because it is cute, in a dive ball and it even knows heal bell to heal her whenever she's upset. She can have a lifetime friend to spend her years with and what is better than a Mareep? Blade is one of my closest friends and I would like to wish her a wonderful, happy birthday from her pal Mac! <3 Love ya, TwilightNub!

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Happy Birthday TwilightBlade! I RNGed you a Spheal for your birthday because of how you listed it as one of your favourites and how it matches the Dive Ball I caught it in and he's spherical so he's like a giant Dive Ball. I even had to learn how to Wild Encounter RNG to catch it in a Dive Ball because I heard you like them, so this guy is my first. I suppose you could have lots of fun with this little guy, if you have a bowling party, you could use Spheal to win! You could also use him to keep all your drinks cool at your party or use him like a basketball (thinks of the Sealeo hitting the Spheal into the basket in Pokémon Pinball R/S). Also Spheal is the Clap Pokémon, so he'll always want to give you a round of applause, because you deserve it. :3

Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
363.gif
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png

Spheal
male.png
| Level 42
Aaron | 06293 | White
Bold | Ice Body | 31 10 31 31 31 31
Aurora Beam, Hail, Rest, Snore

Last edited:

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
Challenge entry:

007.png
607.gif
007.png

Litwick
shiny.png
| Level 28
Hans | 12288 | Black
Modest | Flame Body | 31 06 31 31 31 31
Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Imprison, Hex

Because what's a birthday without cake? And what's a birthday cake without candles? Pretty, blue, Dive Ball caught candles. :P (I would've caught 19 more, but you're only allowed one entry, right?)
Happy birthday internet person that taught me (more or less) how to RNG! :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I think I'll make an honest entry for the challenge very soon. I have something in mind that I think she'll enjoy =)

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Happy Birthday, Blade!!! I have something cool for you :3

female, lvl 23 a.k.a. AzureFluff
333.gif
Dive.png

Nature: Careful | Ability: Natural Cure | OT: Gonzo 00500
IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31
The most important thing - the date: April 23, 2012

Blade claims she's Hasty, that's why AzureFluff Careful. She's fluffy, sweet, fuzzy, and has a beautiful voice and apparition, just like Blade :3 Oh, did I mention that Dive ball matches her perfectly? *3*

ps. Blade, you can get it, just reach for it :33333

Last edited:

evo21

RNGing is awesomes
Years
  • Age 36
  • uk
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
iv added a link in my signature to all my RNG's i have so far :) there is way to many too list here :( (its the red link) there may be some there you like :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014

547.gif
007.png

Puffy
shiny.png
female.png

31 | 25 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Nature: Bold Ability: Prankster

Caught her as a level 20 Cottonee at Lostlorn Forest and then evolved her with a sun stone, I had been trying to get a flawless spread for more than a day but finally gave up and settled for 25 on attack. She's still great though, my all time favorite fluffy pokemon :)
I also kept her previous evolution.

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
I was able to squeeze in some time to play today and RNG abuse this wonderful Pokémon. Just wanted to post it here.

004.png
090.gif
004.png

Shellder
shiny.png
female.png
| Lv. 1
Jay Jay | 37261 | Gen V
Naive | Skill Link
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Shell Smash | Icicle Spear | Rock Blast | Tackle​

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Happy birthday, Blade! This has taken a lot of time but this is what I wanted to get you<3

007.png
038.gif
007.png

Korra / Ninetales (f) lv. 47 @ Rawst Berry
Flash Fire | Timid
Cedric | 26099
30/26/7/31/30/30 HP Rock 70
[ Flamethrower, Captivate, Inferno, Grudge ]

Picked because it's pretty and fluffy and I know that me and you both like fuzzies. :) And it matches the Dive Ball! That's why I went ahead and evolved it. See, I picked your obsession with Dive Balls over having the preferred ability lol. But you Captivate your regulars with your great mod skills, shoot Flamethrowers and Infernos at meanies and adbots, and according to your profile, you can hold a Grudge. So see, the moveset totally fits! So does the name. Matches your theme. Happy birthday gurl! :)

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
LOVING the entries so far, everyone! Gonna be so difficult picking one. What did I sign up for?! xD;

Reminder: You have 24 more hours to post your entry for the challenge. Also, I guess (this summer) we are working on a more user friendly gen 4, maybe gen 3, rng guide for PC. Anyone interested in helping me orrrr in reading it, I guess? :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd be so interested in reading a good gen IV guide. Pics please! I've been delaying learning...well, lol, delay for gen IV abuses, and there are great move tutor moves in gen IV, but of course I need to learn about delay to get good IVs and Smogon's guide just isn't making sense to me. :( So yeah, I'd definitely be interested in a gen IV guide. Gen III too, if I was able to RNG in gen III. Don't have my sid lol. :(

TwilightBlade

Years
I'd be so interested in reading a good gen IV guide. Pics please! I've been delaying learning...well, lol, delay for gen IV abuses, and there are great move tutor moves in gen IV, but of course I need to learn about delay to get good IVs and Smogon's guide just isn't making sense to me. :( So yeah, I'd definitely be interested in a gen IV guide. Gen III too, if I was able to RNG in gen III. Don't have my sid lol. :(

Sweet. You're mah guinea pig?! :)

You can get your SID of your gen 3 file by palparking the Pokemon to gen 4. Put it up on Pokecheck and get its SID... However, if you want good wild shinies, you will have to SID abuse.

The thing about gen 3 guide is that... I don't know how to do shiny eggs yet. I'm veryyyy inexperienced. I do know gen 4 a bit. I will need helpers in drafting it too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back