• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Possibly, or they could add a new location before that happens like they did in both of the remakes (FR - Sevii Islands & HGSS Route 48 & Safari Zone).

Years
So, the latest Dream World pokedoll giveaway is none other than...

Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza!

Interesting, considering the only other legendary pokedoll giveaways they've done are Reshiram/Zekrom after BW were released and B/WKyurem after BW2 were released...

You have to wonder, if they are planning on doing all the legends at some point, why did they start with Hoenn's?

Maybe because of the 10th Anniversary on the 21th November? ;)

blue

gucci
Years
I forgot about that, I wonder what they will actually do on the day. I doubt they will announce a remake since it's too close to the release of B2W2 but I'd like to see them to do something to commemorate the
games.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
The next big Pokemon games has to be for the 3DS. How similar it is to the current format is a mystery.

The big problem of transitioning to a new console is that the first game is going to suck. appearance wise, Gen4 was just practice for Gen5. Compare Diamond->Platinum->Heart Gold->Black. Each game featured massive upgrades in appearance while remaining on the same system. Diamond COULD have been as beautiful as Black, but being the first game on the DS - it looks crap by comparison.

What does this mean?

The first game on the 3DS will be Hoenn Remakes. Why? So that the next Pokemon games on the 3DS (gen6) will look BETTER by comparison. Hoenn will be the testing ground for the 3DS Games Series. Hoenn will expiriment with new ideas, so that they can be perfected for GEN6. (like the difference between Diamond and HGSS, except they don't what the remake to look better than the current GEN.)

Also, there is a strong possibility of 3D modeled pokemon over sprites. The Pokedex3DPro is evience of Game Freak expirimenting with the idea of 3D models for the 3DS games.

I would say there is a 60% of GEN6 remaining a sprite-based game, because Game Freak is SOOOO content with sticking to the old Red/Blue format.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
How knows perhaps they can rearrange the order of the defeated team and the eighth gym badge...I remember in Pokemon Special Ruby and Sapphire got the last badge to see if they were ready to face Groudon and Kyogre, it could be like that. I know I would perfer to face the teams after being done with badges.

No in Special Ruby and Sapphire (Manga) By the end of the events Both Ruby and Sapphire had a week left to gain their final Badge and Contest Ribbons before they had to head back to where they first met. So they finished the main story before either of them finished why they started.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
The next big Pokemon games has to be for the 3DS. How similar it is to the current format is a mystery.

The big problem of transitioning to a new console is that the first game is going to suck. appearance wise, Gen4 was just practice for Gen5. Compare Diamond->Platinum->Heart Gold->Black. Each game featured massive upgrades in appearance while remaining on the same system. Diamond COULD have been as beautiful as Black, but being the first game on the DS - it looks crap by comparison.

What does this mean?

The first game on the 3DS will be Hoenn Remakes. Why? So that the next Pokemon games on the 3DS (gen6) will look BETTER by comparison. Hoenn will be the testing ground for the 3DS Games Series. Hoenn will expiriment with new ideas, so that they can be perfected for GEN6. (like the difference between Diamond and HGSS, except they don't what the remake to look better than the current GEN.)

That is exactly what I hope they do. Well not remakes as much as a deeper re-telling or sequels or some other creative twist with Hoenn, but yes yes yes.

Apart from he 3d part obviously, because pokemon are made and designed for a 2d animation-like look to begin with.

Btw "Magmaruby and Aquasapphire", my browser is shouting malware alert to your sig for some weird reason .-. (well the site theyre from)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
No in Special Ruby and Sapphire (Manga) By the end of the events Both Ruby and Sapphire had a week left to gain their final Badge and Contest Ribbons before they had to head back to where they first met. So they finished the main story before either of them finished why they started.
Oh Right I forgot Sapphire skipped Norman...
Speaking of Norman he mentioned in the PWT that he was defeated by his child before your battle with him which if PWT is canon it adds futher proof that RSE being in the past. Also interestingly enough Juan mentions something around the lines of since his return before your battle with you which seems to make Emerald the canon game so remakes will likely be emerald.
Also might not mean nothing but Marshal's room has a Gold and Silver pokeball (GS) while the rails by the entrance are blue and red and the cage is deep green (or is it cyan...can't pin point what shade it is) so maybe it's a reference to the old remakes and the upcoming ones...wishful thinking here.

Btw someone should gather all the Sinnoh remake hints in this generation...there's a lot...

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Speaking of Norman he mentioned in the PWT that he was defeated by his child before your battle with him which if PWT is canon it adds futher proof that RSE being in the past. Also interestingly enough Juan mentions something around the lines of since his return before your battle with you which seems to make Emerald the canon game so remakes will likely be emerald.
Also might not mean nothing but Marshal's room has a Gold and Silver pokeball (GS) while the rails by the entrance are blue and red and the cage is deep green (or is it cyan...can't pin point what shade it is) so maybe it's a reference to the old remakes and the upcoming ones...wishful thinking here.

Btw someone should gather all the Sinnoh remake hints in this generation...there's a lot...

I don't think there should be any more remakes after Ruby and Sapphire . We should make Game Freak work for there money and gives us a sequel when they reintroduce the region. Doesn't even have to be a continuation of the story .

I was kinda hoping with the RS and future remakes they would instead give us new story's that take place some time later .

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013

In HG/SS the Pokeball where Lance is standing is Red and Blue, R/S hint.

Some other hints that I discovered:
In Hoenn R/S Steven's champion room color is purple( Pokemon Pearl color theme).
while Wallace champion room color is Pokemon Diamond's color theme.
Both room in the upper wall if you notice has Pokemon Platinum's color theme.

Same goes for Cynthia's room in D/P White while Pt Black.

So it could mean Alder and Iris's room color has hint for the next generation.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
In HG/SS the Pokeball where Lance is standing is Red and Blue, R/S hint.

Some other hints that I discovered:
In Hoenn R/S Steven's champion room color is purple( Pokemon Pearl color theme).
while Wallace champion room color is Pokemon Diamond's color theme.
Both room in the upper wall if you notice has Pokemon Platinum's color theme.

Same goes for Cynthia's room in D/P White while Pt Black.

So it could mean Alder and Iris's room color has hint for the next generation.

Pearls are a whiteish pink. In the game they are greyish. So Steven's room being purple wouldn't be a hint.
Wallace's room matched his type. His was a light blue to represent water. Stevens can be said to represent the psychic types he used as his main Pokemon was Metagross.

As for Lance's room, Red and Blue are common opposing colors used in MANY games. Every Pokemon game has Red and blue in it in some spot. The two more important building for the trainers were Red and Blue roofed. Gamefreak does also acknowledge that Red and Blue are the first games internationally so anytime we get Red/Blue/Green it will always have two meanings.

Can't really tell you much about Cynthia's room, though only the Black one matches the Black game. White looks futuristic as well which doesn't relate well with Pokemon White. Since she's the only Champion since Blue that isn't type specific, White being all colors combined and Black being the absence of colors could be a representation of her lack of a specific type while incorporating most of the types on her team.

As for Alder's room, its golden, sandy bricks. Its the same design as the bricks in the temple. Iris's is the same albiet lighter since she's indoors, with a galaxy spiral behind it representing the four E4 type professions.

Though these don't really show off when remakes are made, these usually mistaken for next game coming out.

Has anyone talked to Wallace and Steven after the PWT to see what they say?

(As for the hint that RSE happened in the past, that was made apparent when the Magma/Aqua grunt said that they used to be part of an evil team "Many years ago"...so time line wise we kinda fixed that already)

Snork

My cabbages!
Years
I'd say they'd do a Ruby/Saphire remake but not emerald. I would love to see them allow pokemon to follow us around like in HG/SS but this time make it optional and make it so you can chose which party pokemon to follow you around, not just your lead

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I don't think there should be any more remakes after Ruby and Sapphire . We should make Game Freak work for there money and gives us a sequel when they reintroduce the region. Doesn't even have to be a continuation of the story .

I was kinda hoping with the RS and future remakes they would instead give us new story's that take place some time later .

The same could be said for any game and has been said.
People going "I need gs remakes, but then they should stop" etc. Then 4 years pass and we are back on this again..

Personally Ive been hoping they would do something creative with GS already...but they went the boring remake route <__<
Heck they didn't even tweak minor obvious things like giving the gym leaders better thought through pokemon (Like for example Morty with 4 Gastly-pokemon, when a Misdreavus would not just make it diverse but actually be a Johto pkmn..there is tons of these situations throughout GS)

Well Im confident they'll do something new this time because Emerald was not like Crystal. And I don't mean they should remake the third version too. Theyll jsut have to make something different than real remakes.

Pearls are a whiteish pink. In the game they are greyish. So Steven's room being purple wouldn't be a hint.
Wallace's room matched his type. His was a light blue to represent water. Stevens can be said to represent the psychic types he used as his main Pokemon was Metagross.

Steven and Psychic?
His "type" has always seemed utterly obvious to me, Steel.
Not just is exactly half his team Steel (which started the tradition we have sene continued with the new champs, with Alder having 3 Bug and Iris having 3 Dragons), but he is obsessed with rare buried stuff (which then explains why the rest of his team is fossils...and Claydol)

I'd say they'd do a Ruby/Saphire remake but not emerald. I would love to see them allow pokemon to follow us around like in HG/SS but this time make it optional and make it so you can chose which party pokemon to follow you around, not just your lead

What is your proposal for integrating Emerald into RS?
I don't approve of the one where Rayquaza is the star in the main scene lol.

Years
I'm thinking that if they do remake Ruby and Sapphire, they will add most or all contents from Emerald Version along with a abit bigger aftergame. In order to stay true to the game, i'm thinking that after the battle of Sootopolis you will be able to capture the version mascot.

After capturing or defeating the mascot you go on to defeat the rest of the main game. This is where things begin to look similar to Gold, Silver, and their remakes. You have the chance to capture all three legendary Pokemon. However, the other two legendaries appear only after the elite four.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If they are adding new areas into Hoenn perhaps the new areas could be added into the plot and revolve around the main evil team to give them more screen time. Also perhaps they can switch things and give Kyogre a new area to awaken from in the Ruby remake while Groudon keeps the trench to keep it closer to Ruby...or simply give Kyogre the volcano for some yin yang added feeling (ps: Hoenn looks a bit like a yin yang sign and introduced a yin yang duo (the latis) so it fits this generation quite well).

Also they could add a new character based on what the mascot is and add more story to the games.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
I could see them making a secret room to the scorched slab for groudon in the Sapphire remake and a secret room for Kyogre in the cave where you get rain dance in the ruby remake.

lucaspontes

One of Them
Years
Yes, a use for Scorched Slab... maybe a legendary? And a greater use for that strange cave between the Trick House and Odale. I'm really looking forward to a remake because I plan to buy all the regions when I get my 3DS (Heart Gold, Emerald, Platinum, White and Black 2), so it will be nice if I can buy the remake instead of original (I could get Emerald too, though, because I need another console to trade between games anyway so I could play it in a regular DS).

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I don't think there should be any more remakes after Ruby and Sapphire.

If you're tired of buying expensive new cartridges every time a Pokémon remake comes out, then why hasn't GameFreak thought about issuing the remakes of the games that introduced Hoenn and the regions that succeeded it both as cartridges at retail and digital downloads via the Nintendo eShop so that they can simply update these games with add-on content–remember Mario Kart 7 1.1?–downloads each generation.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Has anyone talked to Wallace and Steven after the PWT to see what they say?

(As for the hint that RSE happened in the past, that was made apparent when the Magma/Aqua grunt said that they used to be part of an evil team "Many years ago"...so time line wise we kinda fixed that already)
I've been trying to get to that point but the Kanto Leaders are pretty darn tough without my EV Trained team, which is in my Black version that I left at home XD (I'm away at college now, gotta wait until thanksgiving -__-)

But I'm agreeing with people that are saying they don't want a traditional remake.

Maybe Cyrus will come back (after all... D/P/Pt had a very similar ending to BW as far as the "I'll come back for you!" ending goes) and try to control the weather trio to create his "new world", maybe some back up from ex Team A/M members that want to help?

I mean, that can eliminate people asking for D/P remakes after this right? (I mean come on, we all know they will -_-)

What i'm trying to say is anything is possible at this point, they surprised us BW2 and nobody was expecting that, what they will come out with next is up in the air.

To contribute to the hints people are talking about, people seem to have forgotten (or stopped caring) about Dive and the Dive Balls reverting to their original text, we never got an explanation about that.

lucaspontes

One of Them
Years
Wallace: "The reason for my defeat... It's... The grand illusion of water! It wasn't enough!"
Steven: "Hmm. Emerald can be mined in Driftveil City?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back