• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCard Lounge

Should M-EX's system be implimented everywhere custom art is available for request?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The middle one is the best. Don't try to put people, or anything distracting in the background. It just makes the card look bad.

Hmmm... try to not transparicize white. It'll mess with their eyes, and the bodies of some pokemon. On the first card, notice the magnet-thing. See how you made it's body invisible? that's not good. You did alot of that on the second card, also. It didn't do that on the third one, though, so good job... except for the background. Try simple backgrounds.

Other than that, they're decent cards. Good job ^^

Last edited:

cannadakid

Breeder in training
Years
thanks

i think what you mean with the white is to go in afterwords and color the white back in

thanks for the background tip ill do that.

well now i got to go redo the one on the right

thanks tho

Years
i think what you mean with the white is to go in afterwords and color the white back in
Actually I believe it's simpler than that. Just fill in the background with some random color that no pokemon has, such as bright red, and use that as your transparent color while you're adding the pokemon to the card.

Trainer Gabriel

ガブリエル
Years
My latest trainer card.

gabrieltrainercarduy9.png

Years
It looks like the DP card. I don't know what to say. It isn't creative or original, but there's nothing 'wrong' with it.

You do realize that it's like- 80 pixels over the sig height limit, right? :\

Years
It's 18 pixels over the width limit now. xD

Um... why 'recreate' a card that nearly everyone else will think is just an edit of the DP card? I mean, I wouldn't have thought that you made it if I didn't read your post. If you're going to go through the trouble of recreating it from scratch... why not just make your own instead of copying someone else's? :\

----

I wanna make real Trainer Cards! xD I think it'd be fun to do. An updateable card. Make tiny, transparent pockets for the sprites, and print out one of every pokemon. I have to do this now. xD

I'll show y'all if I ever get done.

Last edited:

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
This isn't my first trainer card, but it is the first I have made from scratch, as it were. Without templates.

newscratchwo0.png

What you think?

The trainer custom sprite is mine, and props to DarkAngelX for the Pokémon Script collection of fonts - I hate lining up individual letters, even if it does give a more 'proper' result.

EDIT:

I fiddled around a bit with the layers - this version has less transparency but more depth.

notransnesscx3.png

I can't decide whicbh style I prefer. Next time I will use elements of each.

Last edited:
Years
Fabulous. xD

Seriously, this is the best card I've seen in a while.

Anyway, I like the pokemon boxes on the first card better, but everything else on the second card. Eh, maybe thesecond boxes are better. idk. Both good. :P

Something about the text looks slightly off to me. Can't tell what exactly it is, though. just looks kinda odd. Other than that, perfect. :D

Years
Image Tags
Code:
[PLAIN][img]URL of image here[/img][/PLAIN]

Thats about it. Just upload them to imageshack or something, and copy the url. (if you use imageshack, don't use the "Forums" code. It doesn't work as well.)

Well what you think of my card? This one is my first and is meant to be for a team kinda thing... Im planing to make it look better (and bigger) hopefully...
For a first, very good.

Saving as a JPEG is a bad idea. PNG always. (Or GIF, if you know what you're doing.)

I like the pokeballs behind them. Fabulous. xD

Text, Background, everything else is wonderful. ^__^

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
Years
Image Tags
Code:
[PLAIN][img]URL of image here[/img][/PLAIN]

Thats about it. Just upload them to imageshack or something, and copy the url. (if you use imageshack, don't use the "Forums" code. It doesn't work as well.)

For a first, very good.

Saving as a JPEG is a bad idea. PNG always. (Or GIF, if you know what you're doing.)

I like the pokeballs behind them. Fabulous. xD

Text, Background, everything else is wonderful. ^__^

yeah what he said and also u need to have 15+ post to post lnks to pics

Bishopk

meow :)
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018

QFT!
That may be one of the bigger mistakes out there.

To add onto the GIF note, if you're not animating it, it shouldn't be a GIF. Even so, save the GIF's slides as PNG first.

Are there any TC shops open anymore, now that Myzou's is closed?

Years
GIF's are good for most smaller/simple cards. People who still use IE6 can have transparency.

My Animation program won't animate anything but GIF's, so I can't do that.. unless I get a new animator... which I'm too lazy to get.

No, I don't think there are. ^^;

I'm working on mine... I just haven't posted it yet. Still need to make a few more cards.

Bishopk

meow :)
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
Yeah, I forgot about GIF transparency.
But most people will have switched to IE7, and PNG transparency works there.

I have a few (like, 2 to 6) templates from a while back...

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
MATERIALS

Ok hello everyone! I know some people are looking for some materials to make there trainer cards with. SO im going to post some materials in my next post such as: My transparent pokeballs, gender signs, fonts, anything else I can make... :D

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
that is so copied two things one how to you get art on posts and who did you take it from

Hmmm, Lets see, I somehow got the art on (dunno how at the time I didn't know about the 15 post thing), but I do know that this art is 99.9% mine, the 0,1% goes to Nintendo for the frame and trainer card label... ... well and also the layout as I said this was a start for me, I'm NOT an art thief...

Years
Yeah, I forgot about GIF transparency.
But most people will have switched to IE7, and PNG transparency works there.
GIF's also load faster than most PNG's of the same size do. :D

Hmmm, Lets see, I somehow got the art on (dunno how at the time I didn't know about the 15 post thing), but I do know that this art is 99.9% mine, the 0,1% goes to Nintendo for the frame and trainer card label... ... well and also the layout as I said this was a start for me, I'm NOT an art thief...
Eh, just ignore him. No one believes baseless accusations from people who can't even figure out how to post an image. He won't convince anyone you're a theif, so don't worry about it. ^__^

Attachments don't count posts apparently. Hm... didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back