• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Accounts purging.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Will there ever be accounts purging for accounts that are no longer active for the longest time?

I really want a username change but that person have not even been on for more than 8 years, but I guess I can't have the username because that user had made 51 posts prior to his/ her leaving.

Deeply appreciated.

Melody

Banned
Years
Unlikely. You should probably just PM the admins and plead your case with them. Perhaps they'd be willing to help you if you ask?

I think they have an established policy but honestly if you just ask nicely and work with them, they may be able to help. Honestly if someone hasn't logged in over the last 5 years, I'd be reasonably certain the account is abandoned. But I don't make the policies.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
In some cases it might be deemed okay to take an account that does have posts, but in most cases those usernames are indeed taken forever. Those people made posts, meaning they contributed in at least small ways to making PC what it is today, and it's sad to remove parts of PC's history c:

(those are reasons I've been given when asking for such usernames at least lmao)

Back