• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's feedback this puppy up

Which of these suggestions are of the upmost importance?

• Total voters

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival
Years
-to be edited for more, I just wanted to get this idea down for now-

Do an Underground Awards thing? We typically do a War Room awards on Bulbagarden at the end of each annual "season" (which for us begins/ends around the beginning of August), and I know the 1yr anniversary of the Underground already passed, but it's still an idea.

Killua

Maybe gradually expand the number of games according to number of active users.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
First off, curse you Johnny for beating me to this thread. :(

Anyways, I'm gonna segment the parts into three. The problem, ideas on how to solve it, and some additional nitpicking.

The Problem

So basically, the problem UG is facing is that our regulars have been cut down, because most of them left coz of summer or life, and we cannot bring the count back up because we are not generating new regulars to replace the lost numbers.

Ideas

A separate queue specifically for One Night Ultimate Werewolf. Basically, ONUW is a variant of Mafia wherein you only have one night phase and one day phase, and can only be played by 10 people per round. If you played Kiyo's SCP, it's similar if not the same. However games in this queue should probably stick to either a vanilla theme or maybe even a Pokemon theme, just so we don't destroy the purpose, being a very quick game. I was thinking GMs of this queue should be randomized like, per 3-5 rounds, the GM is shuffled.

-im gonna edit this more in the future-

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
What do you think is the cause of this decrease in activity and how would you approach this issue?
Not entirely sure. Apathy? Not enough time? Summer blues? Aliens??
To be serious, it's probably because it's summer, and people are spending more time outside/doing other stuff and less time on their computers etc. Although... activity didn't seem to really be much of an issue last summer around this time, so it could be something else. It's totally because of aliens tho, let's be real here How to approach this though? We'll get to that in a minute!
Is there a rule you don't agree with? Would you add or modify one of the existing rules? If so, which one/s?
I don't really think there's any issues with our rules right now, and I like the new rules about inactivity too
Events are fun so if you have any events ideas let's hear them.
Ooh, I have an idea! Not sure if I want to post it here or keep it a surprise, maybe I'll PM an UG mod. I'll just say that I'd probably cap it at 18 players because it will be crazy enough as it is...

Suggestions:
More beginner's games - I think there should be more beginner's games, like way more regularly than what we have now. I think that a steady flow of beginner's games will really help draw in more players that could become regulars, and would help keep UG activity consistent. Maybe even have a thread in the Bulletin Board so it can always be advertised when the next beginner's game opens up? If we did this I'd also recommend using 48 hour day phases instead of 24. I don't think a 24 hour day is nearly enough time for players to talk (especially not in a newbie/beginner game), nor is it really enough time for players to get used to the game/understand how the game works. If you need a volunteer that can host these games, I'm here, I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!

*Gonna add more soon*

Years
+1 to caps idea and...

Maybe even have a thread in the Bulletin Board so it can always be advertised when the next beginner's game opens up?

+1 to this too... some people don't even try to come and look to Underground.

We do different sort of games, some even related to anime, fandom which so many people in PC likes. I know some people who will jump right away if they know a fairy tail or code geass anime mafia is going without even thinking what mafia is. So I want to say when any mafia game related to some sort of fandom or anime will be brought up so other people (beside UG one) get to know.

I'm okay with rules and all.

---will edit soon..

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Thank you guys for the feedback so far! :D

And as for the decrease in activity, I think that happens every year around Summer. Everyone is traveling to faraway places and such and a Mafia game is a pretty huge commitment, more than can be handled. And if that isn't everything, there is also the GT and the big Pok?mon GO hype going on right now. I have faith the activity will return again sooner or later. I hope it will, at least.

Killua

Try to put m?fias that will attract people (like hxh) on the bulletin board s? that more people get attracted to them, the only reason i'm here now is because 6 months ago there was a notification on yhe bulletin board bout code geass m?fia.

Years
Try to put m?fias that will attract people (like hxh) on the bulletin board s? that more people get attracted to them, the only reason i'm here now is because 6 months ago there was a notification on yhe bulletin board bout code geass m?fia.

I'd rather not fill the bulletin board with promotions for specific non-event games. However PC has the cool new buzz feature (next to the like button) which I'd encourage people to use to promote their games on social media during the sign-up period.

As Lycan said, thanks for the feedback so far!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Overall, I'm not as worried as most people here seem to be - however one thing I've been thinking about suggesting for a while has already been mentioned (several times) in this thread, which makes me really happy. :)

More regular/frequent Beginner's games is a good way to go. Everytime we host one, we seem to attract several new permanent members to the UG. :D

Years
More regular/frequent Beginner's games is a good way to go. Everytime we host one, we seem to attract several new permanent members to the UG. :D

More beginner's games - I think there should be more beginner's games, like way more regularly than what we have now. I think that a steady flow of beginner's games will really help draw in more players that could become regulars, and would help keep UG activity consistent.

+1 to both of these ideas, this is a great way to go. BTW, the beginners game was the first game I joined, so that will (hopefully) bring in lots more people to the UG!

Queue Changes:
I have been hearing 2 major things in the Skype chat:
1. The themed games take way too long to come through the queue.
2. People want more Vanilla games.

So, I thought I would try to fix these things. So we could change to 3 queues.
1. Small Themed Games
2. Large Themed Games
3. Vanilla Games

If I am missing anything (I probably am) please message me or let me know!

*will edit when I get more ideas*

Last edited:

Salzorrah

Years
Gunner's Major Queue Overhaul Idea

So we can all agree that the queue needs a major overhaul, because the current system isn't just really working. I have put forth my idea for the queue overhaul, and I hope you guys could understand where I'm going with this. Btw I posted this separate just so it gets noticed.

Before anything else, we currently have 1-2 large games, and 2-3 small games as our queue system, making it 4-5 overall games on the Underground. What I'm thinking is that instead of 2 queues, we have 4 queues which is separated by the kind of game, instead of the size of the game.​

Back to the Basics

Sample Games: Back to the Basics; Beginner's Game

Number of alloted active slots: 1 - 2 (if there is a Beginner's Game)

So this queue is strictly vanilla, no twists, no themes, NADA. No size limit either. The format of all of the games is structured, which means, the format on what you see in Back to the Basics Season 1 should be the same (or similar) to Back to the Basics Season 20 or something.

Unlike the other queues, this queue is special, because GMs do not get to reserve the rights to host one game. This is to prevent having a monopoly over the queue, having the same GMs over and over, and ensures that the GMs are cycled fairly.

My plan for this system is that at the end of a game, 2 players who aspire to become the next host should PM the current host (first come first serve)

These 2 players + the current hosts choice (ofc with permission or something) will be polled among the players. Whoever wins the poll becomes the next host. Of course this needs fleshing out so any ideas is welcome​

Themed Vanilla

Sample Games: Basically every themed game that is basically vanilla in nature, or somewhat vanilla

Number of alloted active slots: 2-4

This queue is basically what we have now, but it is not hindered by game size, so we could have all small games, all large games, a mix of sizes, but only 2-4 active games. Twists are allowed but they should be very minimal in the sense that you can still tell it's a mafia game very clearly​

One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Sample Games: SCP Foundation

Number of alloted active slots: 1

This queue is specifically for One Night Ultimate Werewolf, which is a Mafia variant where you only have one night phase, and one day phase. Basically its role hijinx, and serves as a very fast game.

This queue should be limited to 10-15 players, and 1 game should only last 1-3 rounds.​

Innovative Games

Sample Games: Every damage based game, Snailvivor, Every Gunner game ever

Number of alloted active slots: 1

This queue is specifically for games that makes you question if this is even mafia or not. These games introduce tons of twists, and is basically for those people who are tired of vanilla and want some crazy twists.​

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
@Gunner

The main problem of that is we actually have lots more innovative games than just one a month. These days its probably a majority, whereas true vanilla/custom vanilla games aren't overly common.

And with Beginner's, it's been brought up several times that its a cycle and will come up every few months. I don't think a queue is needed for that - when the time comes mods can look for volunteers to host (or maybe two people, for extra help for newbies) and it's done. The same could be done for intermediates/back to basics as well.

I'd support a move towards 1 game/queue, but I recall a lot of resistance to that plan last time which is why it was then bumped back up to two.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

Years
@Gunner

The main problem of that is we actually have lots more innovative games than just one a month. These days its probably a majority, whereas true vanilla/custom vanilla games aren't overly common.

And with Beginner's, it's been brought up several times that its a cycle and will come up every few months. I don't think a queue is needed for that - when the time comes mods can look for volunteers to host (or maybe two people, for extra help for newbies) and it's done. The same could be done for intermediates/back to basics as well.

I'd support a move towards 1 game/queue, but I recall a lot of resistance to that plan last time which is why it was then bumped back up to two.

I kinda have to disagree with you because apart from my games, and Bard's, there isn't any major twist games I've seen. If you're talking about games like yours, where there are only a few twists, they can be classified under Themed Vanilla, since you can classify them as mafia games easily. Innovative Games pertain to mafia games, that can be questionable in terms of its mafia-ness.

In terms for Beginners, I just put it with BttB because I wanted to classify them under a special queue, because Beginners and BttB aren't just some games. Tbh, Beginner's could be done periodically, but BttB should be done every time one is done.

In hindsight, I think for Beginners, it should stay GMed by the mods, and experienced GMs, because you're introducing the concept to newbies, but for BttB, I personally think that my idea, which is GM voting, is a good one to consider just because it can serve as a training ground for those who want to GM in the future, and so that we see more people GMing.

If for some reason we won't come to a conclusion with the queue overhaul, and we decide to keep the old queue, we should probably shuffle and prune the games, because the GM list is getting a bit stale at the moment.

I will also support the 1 game/ queue move as well.

Killua

Em I linda agree with gunner, except for maybe having the option trough voting, of an innovative game steal a themed vanilla game slot trough voting for what game people waant.
Also if lets say 5 games are put on queue at the same week and all of the GMs want to put them up as fast as possible, we have a voting to decide the next game

Back