• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
A sequel is probably the last thing they'd do before a remake. It'd be really odd to have one just show up near 10 years(in real time) after the originals are released. Even if they did one, why wouldn't it show up after, in order?

I'm not against a sequel, I just personally would be more interested in one if we got the updated RS(E) originals before any sequel popped out.

Sequel isn't exclusively the type of game BW2 are to BW.
Think what Johto was to Kanto.
The difference is that GS was extending gen 1 in terms of pokemon, while BW2 focused on finishing the plot of BW2 with barely new designs.

Obviously they don't have to pick between something they have done before.
They would do what would fit the situation.
In case of Hoenn, of course a "BW2" doesn't make sense, unless they pulled some silly forme business on the main legends...

But a Johto-like.....bonus generation for Hoenn, would be quite interesting.
As its been so long, they wouldn't even need to make up a second connected region for that, as Hoenn is reasonable to have changes and new places a decade later.

It sounds like an obvious "beating 2 flies with one strike" case to me.
They would milk the Hoenn nostalgia, but still be offering a new game at the same time.

So in short, with sequel I mean anything between the "BW2" and "Johto" concepts.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
But I don't think it has anything to do with them being connected to land or not. Kanto got the Sevii Islands, which were not technically a part of Kanto if I remember correctly, like how the Sinjoh Ruins were not part of Johto. The new routes in B2W2 make sense because 2 years have gone by. We'll probably see new areas, but not a "new" Hoenn.

Connection to land is actually the most important thing in making sequels because new home town of protagonist needs to be on solid land. They made sequel for Unova because it had solid land not used in original B/W. Hoenn is clearly incapable of having new home town for sequels, because we can clearly see on map it has no connection to any unused land.
Sevii Islands and Sinjoh Ruins have nothing to do with it because they aren't starting locations. They are extra locations. Hoenn will obviously get some new extra locations as well in remakes, most likely islands.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Sequel isn't exclusively the type of game BW2 are to BW.
Think what Johto was to Kanto.
The difference is that GS was extending gen 1 in terms of pokemon, while BW2 focused on finishing the plot of BW2 with barely new designs.

Obviously they don't have to pick between something they have done before.
They would do what would fit the situation.
In case of Hoenn, of course a "BW2" doesn't make sense, unless they pulled some silly forme business on the main legends...

But a Johto-like.....bonus generation for Hoenn, would be quite interesting.
As its been so long, they wouldn't even need to make up a second connected region for that, as Hoenn is reasonable to have changes and new places a decade later.

It sounds like an obvious "beating 2 flies with one strike" case to me.
They would milk the Hoenn nostalgia, but still be offering a new game at the same time.

So in short, with sequel I mean anything between the "BW2" and "Johto" concepts.

It wouldn't really milk the nostalgia unless they had both the original and sequel released(to bring Hoenn, in general, out into modern standards; the only region yet to see this), only the former would really bring that out.

I admit that I didn't think about what you are mentioning though; that could have potential, although I doubt they'd be that distant in the future(real time has little to do with game time in this case).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Connection to land is actually the most important thing in making sequels because new home town of protagonist needs to be on solid land. They made sequel for Unova because it had solid land not used in original B/W. Hoenn is clearly incapable of having new home town for sequels, because we can clearly see on map it has no connection to any unused land.
Sevii Islands and Sinjoh Ruins have nothing to do with it because they aren't starting locations. They are extra locations. Hoenn will obviously get some new extra locations as well in remakes, most likely islands.

...No it isn't. You don't seem to know what makes a Sequel. If they wanted to they could make a Sequel of any Pokemon Generation that they wanted to. There are no special rules to making a sequel.

There was no prior knowledge of a region outside of Kanto when Johto and gen 2 was made. There was no prior knowledge that B2W2 would come out. There was nothing connecting them from then until the sequels came out.

All a sequel is, is a continuation of the story. ALL the Pokemon games CLOSE the story at the end of their respective titles, so everyone is wrong in relation to the story for ANY of the generations.

Kanto's story was done. They closed it with Giovanni's leaving after the Gym Battle.

Johto's reinclusion of Team Rocket was pretty random at the time, but an amazing addition to the story set. Again, the story itself closed after you beat Team Rocket and beat Red.

Hoenn's story closed after you defeated the legend. Both "Evil" (I have in quotes cause Magma and Aqua were really just extreme PETA/Naturalists. They were hardly evil unlike the other three teams.) teams recognized the errors of their ways and simply disbanded.

Sinnoh's story ends after you beat the Box Legend at the top of Spear Pillar cause that's when you beat sense into Cyrus and he disappears. Platinum only extends the story slightly to the Battle Island place where the Three commanders simply get bored of what they were doing and just leave.

Unova Pre-B2W2's story ENDED when N recognized the Player's Truth/Ideal and discovers Ghetsis's betrayal. The story for Unova was over as N flew after apologizing and saying he was going look for another method.

Unova B2W2 A spin reintroduction to Plasma who had effectively disbanded and like with all Main bosses, the leader disappeared, only Ghetsis returned. (If you did Looker's side quest at the end of B/W all of the Sages minus Ghetsis were arrested so there was full closure for the story. They revived the story and added an annex to it with Kyurem who wasn't part of the story from the original and not related to the two box legends in the original set of games.

They revived two teams already who's stories were closed at the end of their respective games. They can EASILY BS a reason to revive Magma/Aqua with different goal because unlike B/W you were not Forced to CATCH the Mascot meaning that they could have left after being defeated, which they do if you choose not to catch them. They could even bring in another team for the sequels that are after Rayquaza and attempt to awaken it by awakening Groudon/Kyogre and repeat Aqua/Magma's steps to awakening the Contenental and Deep Sea Pokemon.

There are a multitude of possibilities to continue Kyogre and Groudon's battle. Heck if they wanted two it can just be two warring factions who want to see which is better, land or sea. A set of teams that fight for the love of fighting and don't care who gets hurt along the way.

Sequels are easily doable just as much as remakes are. And no they don't have to come right after their original games. Many companies can make games far apart and on different systems if they wanted. Look at FF12. It had a sequel for the Nintendo DS. Legend of Zelda's time line is sporadic and doesn't follow game release. The newest game is the Prelude to all current Zelda games so far and the one before that was the last installment to one branch created by Ocarina of Time.

Now do I believe we'd get a sequel instead of a remake? No
Would I like a sequel instead of a remake? No not really
Do I want a Remake at all? Eventually yes, but long after the DS series is dead. Cause then I can get a RF/LG rehash as well.
Do I think there is a Remake on its way? Yes. Not this year, but Next year if a new Generation doesn't rear its ugly head.

Things I'd like to see in the Remake:

Secret Bases with better Decorating ability. R/S/E's Secret Bases were awesome and easily the thing I liked the most next to Pokemon Contests. I was disappointed in the limitation for the Secret bases though and hope they approve upon it. Though seeing as Decorating was removed from G/S's remake (which greatly disappointed me) I have high doubts my favorite system will return.

Contests. IMPROVED Contests. Like more artistic Flare in it if at all possible. Loved the contests. Was so sad how it devolved in Emerald to just Lilycove, and Sinnoh's Contests only being in Hearthome was disheartening as well. Full removal of the Contest stats in B/W and B2W2 leaves me to believe that like with Secret Bases, Contests may not make a reappearence and would be replaced by something else.

What I would Not like to reappear:

Battle Frontier Tents. Useless. That's all they were.

Kinda pretty much it.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

It would be as simple as adding a town in some random corner, or heck if a decade has passed, they could as well just use...Verdanturf as the starting town, making you take a different path.
With bigger screens, the map would be bigger and had much more room to add more places than the original Hoenn map in RSE.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I wasn't saying a sequel would have to be right after the originals, I just see it unlikely in this case. I was more referring to how it would make sense to have the remakes and then a sequel, so everyone is pretty much on the same footing(assuming some newer fans haven't gotten around to the past games yet).

Anyways, secret bases and the original contests(with some tweaks) better make an appearance...they kind of helped make Hoenn...Hoenn. It did bother me when they were all jumbled at Lilycove, it made more sense to have them spread apart so you can join different ones during your travels.

I wonder how they will manage Mirage Island this time; it was good to have it as some rare occurence, but it would be nice if we had a better chance at getting there.

Btw, does anyone think they will improve on Altering Cave? If 3DS enabled, StreetPass would be perfect for something like that.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
...No it isn't. You don't seem to know what makes a Sequel. If they wanted to they could make a Sequel of any Pokemon Generation that they wanted to. There are no special rules to making a sequel.

They revived two teams already who's stories were closed at the end of their respective games. They can EASILY BS a reason to revive Magma/Aqua with different goal because unlike B/W you were not Forced to CATCH the Mascot meaning that they could have left after being defeated, which they do if you choose not to catch them. They could even bring in another team for the sequels that are after Rayquaza and attempt to awaken it by awakening Groudon/Kyogre and repeat Aqua/Magma's steps to awakening the Contenental and Deep Sea Pokemon.

There are a multitude of possibilities to continue Kyogre and Groudon's battle. Heck if they wanted two it can just be two warring factions who want to see which is better, land or sea. A set of teams that fight for the love of fighting and don't care who gets hurt along the way.

You say that not being forced to catch legendaries in R/S/E is reason for sequel. It can be said otherwise. Being forced to catch legendary is reason for sequel. Look at B/W - player was forced to catch one of legendaries and N caught another one. It was done to continue story in B2/W2. No other game forced player to catch any legendary, therefore no of them got sequel instead of third version.

Sequel is made only when there is something left to make it. Unova got sequel because it had extra land for new cities, and third mascot story to be told. Hoenn has nothing of those things left. Also, Aqua/Magma disbanded forever because they saw their actions don't make sense at all. Team Rocket and Plasma were revived because they didn't realize that and wanted to try again.

Reusing legendaries which were all already featured is nonsense. It would be nothing but slightly altered original story. Third team going after Rayquaza is also nonsense. What they would want? Expand the sky? It doesn't even sound sensible.

It would be as simple as adding a town in some random corner, or heck if a decade has passed, they could as well just use...Verdanturf as the starting town, making you take a different path.
With bigger screens, the map would be bigger and had much more room to add more places than the original Hoenn map in RSE.

Again, what random corner if Hoenn has no corners left? Using already featured town like Verdanturf is not likely because starting town always is the new one.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
BW was made with BW2 in mind that is clear. Hoenn was not made with sequels in mind that is clear too. But that does not prevent them from doing whatever they want, if they see it fit.

And if they did, they don't have to obey any other "rules" either. It could be sequels in the sense of GS, just with the setting still being Hoenn, meaning new pokemon popping up and a dozen new locations.

Im curious whether they would do something interesting with that small icy cave in Shoal Cave if they took that route.

Again, what random corner if Hoenn has no corners left? Using already featured town like Verdanturf is not likely because starting town always is the new one.

South of Route 118 on that close unused island.
Northeast of Petalburg
South of Fallarbor
North of Route 121
East of Route 123
Or along any existing route if they wanted.

Those would be potential places looking at the GBA map. However as the map would be bigger, they could put it anywhere that's not in the middle of the ocean.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
BW was made with BW2 in mind that is clear. Hoenn was not made with sequels in mind that is clear too. But that does not prevent them from doing whatever they want, if they see it fit.

And if they did, they don't have to obey any other "rules" either. It could be sequels in the sense of GS, just with the setting still being Hoenn, meaning new pokemon popping up and a dozen new locations.

Im curious whether they would do something interesting with that small icy cave in Shoal Cave if they took that route.

South of Route 118 on that close unused island.
Northeast of Petalburg
South of Fallarbor
North of Route 121
East of Route 123
Or along any existing route if they wanted.

Those would be potential places looking at the GBA map. However as the map would be bigger, they could put it anywhere that's not in the middle of the ocean.

To make sequel they need one big space for some new cities and routes next to each other, not small areas you mentioned. Anyway, they can't put new cities/towns in every unused area because there has to be some space between locations to make them separated from each other. That's why every region have unused areas, Unova still has them even after extension in B2/W2. It's far more likely that Hoenn was made with remakes in mind, not sequels.

Before HG/SS, Johto looked like it could have new cities because of huge land connection on the west, but no cities were added, only cave entrance, two routes, Safari Zone and Battle Frontier. If they refused to make new cities on the west of Johto, I highly doubt if there will be any new city in Hoenn.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
To make sequel they need one big space for some new cities and routes next to each other, not small areas you mentioned. Anyway, they can't put new cities/towns in every unused area because there has to be some space between locations to make them separated from each other. That's why every region have unused areas, Unova still has them even after extension in B2/W2. It's far more likely that Hoenn was made with remakes in mind, not sequels.

Again no they do not. There are no rules for Sequels. They could just reuse Hoenn as it currently is with no new cities at all. a Sequel is just the continuation of the story.

You also contradicted yourself.

Anyway, they can't put new cities/towns in every unused area because there has to be some space between locations to make them separated from each other.

That's why every region have unused areas, Unova still has them even after extension in B2/W2.

They can't use unused space but they need unused space?

B2W2 really didn't follow this. The airport town, Rebirth Mountain, the new 8th Gym city. Those are all within a very small section around Undella bay and there wasn't that much space there.

There is a lot of unused space in Hoenn, they could even extend some small parts or blow up the map a bit more to show more spacing between cities and major location.

Course as I said, they don't even NEED to do any of that for Sequels. All they'd have to do is change how some of the cities look. Upgrade or demolish, which ever they feel would fit their needs best.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think they'll add new areas but not for the sake of sequels. I really don't know what they would do if they do sequels instead of remakes...I mean the two evil leaders gave up their goals and actually learned their mistakes unlike Giovanni, Cyrus, Ghetsis, and N (who in a way still wants to seperate pokemon from humans). Hoenn always seemed like a one shot to me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think they'll add new areas but not for the sake of sequels. I really don't know what they would do if they do sequels instead of remakes...I mean the two evil leaders gave up their goals and actually learned their mistakes unlike Giovanni, Cyrus, Ghetsis, and N (who in a way still wants to seperate pokemon from humans). Hoenn always seemed like a one shot to me.

Like I said someone else could revive Magma/Aqua with the same ideals but a different way to control Groudon/Kyogre, possibly creating a new Item just for them, like how almost ALL the other (box) Legends have Items specifically for them.

Though maybe they could go a general "Evil" team this time and make a team that simply wants to destroy the region and remake it again using Kyogre/Groudon. Both could be used for the Mass Destruction purpose, almost better than the Space/Time/Void trio and the Tao Duo Dragons (I still wait for canon proof that Kyurem is more than just some Mew/Ditto relation to Reshiram/Zekrom. It being a Space Leech thing doesn't help....PokeCell wannabe.) They could literally destroy the regions just being awake.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Like I said someone else could revive Magma/Aqua with the same ideals but a different way to control Groudon/Kyogre, possibly creating a new Item just for them, like how almost ALL the other (box) Legends have Items specifically for them.

Though maybe they could go a general "Evil" team this time and make a team that simply wants to destroy the region and remake it again using Kyogre/Groudon. Both could be used for the Mass Destruction purpose, almost better than the Space/Time/Void trio and the Tao Duo Dragons (I still wait for canon proof that Kyurem is more than just some Mew/Ditto relation to Reshiram/Zekrom. It being a Space Leech thing doesn't help....PokeCell wannabe.) They could literally destroy the regions just being awake.

It would be almost the same thing like original Ruby and Sapphire but with more evil teams. Proper sequel needs to be better than that. It's doubtful if it will be ever made.

And think about it - how could someone remake the world if everything would destroyed by drought/flood? It doesn't make sense. If it would make sense, Magma/Aqua would be pure evil in original games. That's why Magma/Aqua were more composed compared to other teams. And that's why they didn't want to totally dry/flood world because they knew it would be impossible to change world after that.

You also contradicted yourself.

They can't use unused space but they need unused space?

B2W2 really didn't follow this. The airport town, Rebirth Mountain, the new 8th Gym city. Those are all within a very small section around Undella bay and there wasn't that much space there.

How did I contradict myself? I said they can't put too much cities in unused areas because they need to keep some distance between already existing cities.

Look at map of old Unova from B/W. Free areas were bigger compared to those in other regions. Unova is the only region so far designed to have new cities in sequels. Other regions are too crowded already.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You said that Hoenn can't use the unused areas, but then turn around and say within the same paragraph that the point of leaving unused areas on the map would be for expansion.

How can they expand if they can't use the Unused areas that they purposefully left on the map for Expansion?

Also Hoenn's Map is zoomed further out if you read the posts instead of picking out of them. If they ZOOMED Hoenn's Map in there is ample space between locations, especially if they use B/W's style maps that show detail on them rather than topography.

As for the Sequel...Team Rocket in G/S wasn't "better" than Team Rocket from R/B/Y/G. In fact they were a small pathetic fragment.

And really you argue sensible logic over the already established Magic Logic Pokemon used TWICE. Palkia/Dialga were going to simply destroy the reality they were already in and create a new one. HOW is THAT more plausable than threatening to destroy a region through Flooding/Volcano to make a new region that much off base? And yes it actually is a bit more possible.

Islands that have civilizations destroyed through Tsunamis and Volcanic eruptions every few centuries. After a while the water recedes or the plant life regrows on its own and the Island become re-inhabited by people that find it only to have the cycle repeat itself later down the line until the Volcano dies. Its the same basis as what Magma/Aqua were trying to do, though they just sugar coated it, thinking it wouldn't be as destructive as it was. Yes it would be a rough Carbon Copy of the original Plasma, but then again, Team Rocket in G/S/C was a rough (albiet pathetic) Carbon Copy of Team Rocket from R/B/Y/G. Team Plasma from B/W is a Carbon Copy of Team Rocket, mixed with Team Galactic's ideas, under the disguise of Team Aqua/Magma.

Team Plasma wanted to become the Rulers of the world (Rocket/Ghetsis), N wanted to create a New World where Pokemon were free of Humans (Galactic's Recreate the World), and were doing so under the disguise that it was "good for the Pokemon" (Aqua/Magma's Logic for Expanding the Sea/Land).

Spoiler:

Even in the Sequels all they did was recycle the same team with the same goals, using the same methods they did in the past. Why wouldn't that be possible in a Seequel for R/S? Its been done that way twice now, if a Sequel were to happen, then there is a good chance it'll happen again.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Wall of text incoming!

I have no doubts Ruby/Sapphire will be getting remade, and here's the three reasons why with some explanations:

1. It'll bring in lots of money, probably without costing them a lot.

Although Ruby/Sapphire didn't bring in the most money out of the main-series games, they still brought in millions of dollars. There's no way Pokemon games cost as much money to make as a game like Halo or CoD, plus they already have the Black 2/White 2 engine to tweak and or build off of. If they remade Ruby/Sapphire and the games only sold 6 million worldwide Gamefreak would probably break more then even.

2. There's a demand for them.

This one is pretty self-explanatory. Lots of people, myself included, love Hoenn and want to see it remade with b-e-a-utiful graphics and story tweaks. Yes, you can still get all your Hoenn Pokemon onto your Gen 4/Gen 5 games, but you have to have a DS Lite. If you don't you're out of luck, and even if you still do, it's a tedious process.

3. It would follow "tradition" or the "pattern", whatever you wanna call it.

Red, Green, and Blue are new games, the start of the series, Yellow is the third version. Gold and Silver are new, Crystal is the third version. Consider them as sequels, though. Next up are Ruby and Sapphire, new games. FireRed and LeafGreen are next, which are 1st Gen remakes, then Emerald, the third Hoenn game. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum come out, then HG/SS, the 2nd Gen remakes. Black and White make their debut, they're new AND the reboots of the series, it was confirmed that's what they were supposed to be. Their sequels are announced next. So, it goes like this:

New games > (indirect)Sequels > New games/Remakes > New games/Remakes > New games(reboots) > Sequels

What's left to complete the pattern? New games, and remakes! Those remakes being Ruby/Sapphire remakes. Then again, my established pattern is as easily dismissible as anyone else's, lol. They'll make them, I'm sure of it, and I can't wait for it to finally happen.

Also, we all know there's references to past regions in newer games, as well as possible hints to remakes, here's one from Black 2/White 2:

Spoiler:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
As far as "hints" go, have Game Freak ever admitted to purposely implementing hints to remakes in other games within the same generation? Such as those that were pointed out in D/P/Pt signalling G/S remakes? If not then all "hints" picked up on by fans from BW/B2W2 "signalling" R/S/E remakes are made entirely redundant, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Even in the Sequels all they did was recycle the same team with the same goals, using the same methods they did in the past. Why wouldn't that be possible in a Seequel for R/S? Its been done that way twice now, if a Sequel were to happen, then there is a good chance it'll happen again.

Problem is that Team Rocket was revived in new region (Johto). Team Plasma was revived with two factions, one of them was completely new, and new Pokemon (Kyurem) in possession. See what I mean? Both of those teams were revived with something new. In Aqua/Magma case, nothing would be new. Same region and same Pokemon in possession. That's not good enough for sequel imo.

You said that Hoenn can't use the unused areas, but then turn around and say within the same paragraph that the point of leaving unused areas on the map would be for expansion.

How can they expand if they can't use the Unused areas that they purposefully left on the map for Expansion?

To begin with, I said only about Unova that it had vast of unused space left to be used in B2/W2, the same like Kanto had before introduction of Johto in G/S. And yes, even after expansions Kanto and Unova still have plenty of unused space. Hoenn or Sinnoh would be too crowded after addition of new cities.

As far as "hints" go, have Game Freak ever admitted to purposely implementing hints to remakes in other games within the same generation? Such as those that were pointed out in D/P/Pt signalling G/S remakes? If not then all "hints" picked up on by fans from BW/B2W2 "signalling" R/S/E remakes are made entirely redundant, in my opinion.

How Game Freak could ever admit they put hints in games? They won't admit it, the same like they won't tell what game they are working on now. Until official announcement of course. Btw, hints for G/S remakes turned out to be accurate.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Problem is that Team Rocket was revived in new region (Johto). Team Plasma was revived with two factions, one of them was completely new, and new Pokemon (Kyurem) in possession. See what I mean? Both of those teams were revived with something new. In Aqua/Magma case, nothing would be new. Same region and same Pokemon in possession. That's not good enough for sequel imo.

Your opinion on what is good enough for a sequel doesn't prevent gamefreak from doing something interesting with the same stuff.
Or heck if they combined the ideas "reusing Hoenn" and "new generation, new handheld", and made gen VI located in new Hoenn+new places, they could even give them different pokes.
And if not, they could still add more of the 450 non-Hoenn pokes to mix it up a bit.

To begin with, I said only about Unova that it had vast of unused space left to be used in B2/W2, the same like Kanto had before introduction of Johto in G/S. And yes, even after expansions Kanto and Unova still have plenty of unused space. Hoenn or Sinnoh would be too crowded after addition of new cities.

Hoenn looks like it cannot be expanded because you are looking at the GBA map with the RSE template.
Simply using BWs template for example would allow for a handful of towns without it being too crowded, but the maps would also be bigger.

Or they could make Hoenns map just one half of the full new Hoenn map.
They can do whatever they come up with in this case.

And as pointed out, Yamaji town. Even I would have never thought they would squeeze it in there, but they did.

How Game Freak could ever admit they put hints in games? They won't admit it, the same like they won't tell what game they are working on now. Until official announcement of course. Btw, hints for G/S remakes turned out to be accurate.

Its not even comparable.
There was data in DP for pokemon "from Johto (Gold)" and "from Johto (Silver)".
That is serious stuff.

Red and blue flags are not.

I mean, there is a difference between meaningless hints and intentional hype making hints.

For example: the Red Gyarados on the TV at the beginning of DP.
Every single person on the planet who saw that, was reminded of GS. That was the intention.

When you see a red and blue flag in front of a building, however, it is meaningless. Only the 5 people who are depserately looking for "hints" will even consider them to be hints.

Also, the intentional references (not merely vague meaningless hints) would probably occur in the same generation as the remakes are made.
Gen 5 is finished. The DS is finished.
Whatever is next, it will be new. Doesn't matter if it will involve Hoenn. Everything is realistic except normal simple RS remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back