• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2012
I'm running beta 3.2 found from the Hackdex google doc. I beat the first 8 gyms, but it won't show the 7th gym's badge. It shows the 8th gym badge but I haven't officially received it from the Dragon's Den. Anyone have any tips?

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2012
Read about this on a Neowin news post and playing it now on my Xperia PLAY.
Pretty good stuff so far. Everything about it feels fresh, from the graphics to the proper g/s music. It easily surpasses all the g/s remakes I played some time ago now. Keep it up!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Shiny Gold was made By Zel, not linkandzelda
That's why he asked if LaZ knows if someone's gonna finish it not whether LaZ finishes it.

I'm running beta 3.2 found from the Hackdex google doc. I beat the first 8 gyms, but it won't show the 7th gym's badge. It shows the 8th gym badge but I haven't officially received it from the Dragon's Den. Anyone have any tips?
It's probably because you obtain "8th" badge from Pryce in order to progress and Clair gives you "7th" badge.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2012
Through some Kadabra teleport bug I ended up in Lavendar Town and started navigating my way around. I got a couple gym badges too. But I beat Pryce and got the 8th badge, but I didn't get the 7th badge so I can't go to E4. I'm thinking about restarting.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012

I think it's a little bug or something that makes the badges show up in different orders. When you have done what needs to be done to get the "last" badge you will see all the badges. It did the same thing with me, but when I offically got the 8th badge every badge was there

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hmm... no one's having music problems?

I'm not sure I should patch again (because everything else seems to work fine), or if it's the fact that I'm using Gameboid (which I realize is only partially supported and no one takes bugs for it atm.)

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Hmm... no one's having music problems?

I'm not sure I should patch again (because everything else seems to work fine), or if it's the fact that I'm using Gameboid (which I realize is only partially supported and no one takes bugs for it atm.)

It is because you are using Gameboid. The audio glitches up a lot with that app and it make mulitple instrements play at the same time and other such. It happens with all Pokemon games unfortunately :/

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022

It is because you are using Gameboid. The audio glitches up a lot with that app and it make mulitple instrements play at the same time and other such. It happens with all Pokemon games unfortunately :/

Ah ha! Thanks for that, this makes a lot of sense actually. I was mostly checking to make sure if other methods of playing have the same problem. Unfortunately, no emulator is downright perfect. >.<

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2012
Hello there!

I'm trying to trade with Fire Red, everything goes right until the players enter the trade room, I get a black screen with the Pokémon Center music playing and nothing...

Please help me, I really need to trade with FR to really enjoy the game!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hello there!

I'm trying to trade with Fire Red, everything goes right until the players enter the trade room, I get a black screen with the Pokémon Center music playing and nothing...

Please help me, I really need to trade with FR to really enjoy the game!
Personally, I never recommend using a hacked game to trade with an official game. Trying to trade, as a random example, a Vullaby hacked into an Emerald ROMhack with the real game could cause unpredictable results.

Enjoy the hack as designed, I say.

Cyclone

KF

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
Yeah but I want to reset for shiny Celebi and Jirachi in Liquid Crystal, and then trade them in an official game ROM and restore the save file in my official cardridge to finally import them in the 4th and 5th gen games.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah but I want to reset for shiny Celebi and Jirachi in Liquid Crystal, and then trade them in an official game ROM and restore the save file in my official cardridge to finally import them in the 4th and 5th gen games.
As far as Nintendo would be concerned, they would be "hacked" Pokémon. In other words, don't do it. Personally, I could never trade a Pokémon caught in a hack with an official game. I wouldn't want to run the risk of something going wrong. And besides, Jirachi is only available as an event, and never has been able to be caught in an official game (Celebi on the other hand was available in G/S in Japan, but not in America as the GS Ball never got released, but the Ball itself could be hacked in and the capture legally made in hindsight). If it gets imported as caught somewhere other than an event, it would be treated as a hacked Pokémon no matter how legally it was caught in a ROMhack and thus illegal in places like our own trading forum.

Cyclone

Last edited:

KF

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
I'm a shiny hunter and my purpose is to reset 1/8192 the rarest Pokémon that exist, I don't care about the Pokémon's legality if it's shinyness is legal.

ShadowWolf32

Near-Expert
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
I don't know if i'm just stupid, but I can't get the file to download. I just get the "website doesn't exsist" ISP web search page.

Years
Ah ha! Thanks for that, this makes a lot of sense actually. I was mostly checking to make sure if other methods of playing have the same problem. Unfortunately, no emulator is downright perfect. >.<
Have you guys tried with VBA yet... It is a best GBA emulator known with guaranteed working including in-game music.

I don't know if i'm just stupid, but I can't get the file to download. I just get the "website doesn't exsist" ISP web search page.
Maybe The servers got down for some reasons.. Try after some time and maybe that could work...

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Have you guys tried with VBA yet... It is a best GBA emulator known with guaranteed working including in-game music.
VBA doesn't work on Android.

Personally, I never recommend using a hacked game to trade with an official game. Trying to trade, as a random example, a Vullaby hacked into an Emerald ROMhack with the real game could cause unpredictable results.
Getting the Pokémon that Vullaby replaced? What's upredictable about it? Unless of course the Vullaby replaced one of the 25 ???s.

Back