• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Basically, my problem is this. I go into the room with Zane, Articuno and Silver.

I talk to Silver, and it says I picked up an Ultra Ball, and he disappears
If I talk to Zane, it gives me the option to use Rock Smash. Nothing happens if I click no. If I click yes, it freezes
If I click Articuno, the game freezes

I think it may be related to me doing Mt. Moon before this (I had no idea, because when I got to Kanto, I followed generally the same route I did back in Crystal). I am also using gpspkai, I know it is not supported. I was able to replicate this in VBA however

Fuller report and .sav is here http://forums.petalburgwoods.com/project.php?issueid=444

I am presently trying to acquire the Live Beta uploaded on the 17th September, but am told (logged in) that I do not have permission

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
@Robbie: That's most probably because there's supposed to be a tile script and you aren't supposed to talk to OWs... :D
Have you tried repatching?

Yes sir. Tried repatching it with the latest one before the September release, to no avail. So, should I walk all around the room to try and activate an event, or should it activate on entering? Nothing.I forgot to add, if I leave the room, all the Rockets from Seafoam ISlands disappear (as does Axel, and the three in the room)

Years

I´m have played one of the first versions of this hack.
now she's most complete and amazing.
I know how to make a hack is laborious.
congratulations for you splendid hack.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yes sir. Tried repatching it with the latest one before the September release, to no avail. So, should I walk all around the room to try and activate an event, or should it activate on entering? Nothing.I forgot to add, if I leave the room, all the Rockets from Seafoam ISlands disappear (as does Axel, and the three in the room)
IIRC, it's supposed to activate as you move closer to them...

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
IIRC, it's supposed to activate as you move closer to them...

Mmm, that's what I thought. Moved onto all the walkable tiles in the room, to no avail. :( Don't even have a backup save slot (at least, before I went into Mt. Moon for the first time). I have plenty of backups, but all of them I have fought Silver in Mt. Moon during.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
@RobbieNewton: I'll solve that bug at some point in the near future like 1-2 days. You can either way for me to fix it or you can feel free to play again from the beginning lol.

Also, the download bug, I've never heard of it. I think you're going to the wrong download place, since the right place is here: http://linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/download/

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Thank you very much LaZ, I really appreciate it. I eventually found that place to download, I was going by the initial post. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
Many locations have been changed from previous betas. Exactly where in Mt. MOrtar are you searching for it?

Thank you for responding, I highly appreciate it :). I enter the mortar cave nearest to mahogany town and enter.the ladder straight ahead, is that where I can find.a.houndour ? And what time?

Oops I meant far right cave entrance.and into another cave entrance, that's where I'm looking*

Last edited:
Years
Thank you for responding, I highly appreciate it :). I enter the mortar cave nearest to mahogany town and enter.the ladder straight ahead, is that where I can find.a.houndour ? And what time?

Oops I meant far right cave entrance.and into another cave entrance, that's where I'm looking*
Check its location from Ecruteak city's entrance. i think you will find it

Years
Hey everyone, i've got a doubt.
A passed thru the Crystal Cave, and climbed way up the route 55, arriving at the Nexus Laboratory. But when i try to enter the building, i automaticaly get out of it.
Any help??

Years
Hey everyone, i've got a doubt.
A passed thru the Crystal Cave, and climbed way up the route 55, arriving at the Nexus Laboratory. But when i try to enter the building, i automaticaly get out of it.
Any help??
Thats because you have already completed the events inside it. That place is a waste now.. Maybe it could become available in next beta

Years
So I'm raising a dragon team. Get an adamant bagon and dratini only to find out dragon claw fly crunch and fire ice and thunder punch are all based on special.... feel like I've wasted 10 hours.. modest pokemon in this game are op

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
So I'm raising a dragon team. Get an adamant bagon and dratini only to find out dragon claw fly crunch and fire ice and thunder punch are all based on special.... feel like I've wasted 10 hours.. modest pokemon in this game are op

None of those moves are special, they're all defined as Physical. We've answered this question a million times now.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
They shouldn't be... LC should have Physical/Special split so those moves are supposed to be Physical.

Years
The same problems i faced regarding the facts about physical/special splits. At long last and after many battles surveys I believed the creators

Years
LaZ is wrong then when a 54 Salamence can't 1 shot a 38 quagsire with dragon claw something is wrong
I'm tempted to just start again and get a modest team

Back