Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Ad Content
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Linked Article: Brock and Misty to reappear in Pokémon Sun and Moon anime View article on PokéCommunity Daily

They’re airing in an episode just before Christmas.

Read the article
  #1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 25th, 2018 (12:38 AM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is online now
This is fine.
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: A cape
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 14,118
Merry christmas
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 25th, 2018 (12:44 AM).
weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Posts: 2,618
    Well, that's definitely a good Christmas gift there. Let's see if it lasts more episodes than last time (though I'm pretty sure it will, as they wouldn't have appeared on the teaser poster for the current arc if they weren't going to last even a little bit longer/have less of a story role than before).
    Reply With Quote
      #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old November 25th, 2018 (3:39 AM).
    Percy's Avatar
    Percy Percy is online now
     
    Join Date: Sep 2014
    Location: Asia
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 2,589
    i've been hearing rumors that they were coming back. got a lot of questions i don't expect to be answered for quite a time. will this be a cameo? or will they actually stay in Alola with Ash? is this a hint for a possible return to kanto?
    __________________
    LGPE
    subscribe to pewdiepie
    Reply With Quote
      #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old November 25th, 2018 (6:15 AM).
    weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
       
      Join Date: Apr 2005
      Posts: 2,618
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Percy View Post
      i've been hearing rumors that they were coming back. got a lot of questions i don't expect to be answered for quite a time. will this be a cameo? or will they actually stay in Alola with Ash? is this a hint for a possible return to kanto?
      Don't know about a return to Kanto, or even a permanent return, but I'm pretty sure it's more than a cameo, especially considering that they appeared on the recent teaser poster back in September, when they didn't even appear in the first teaser poster despite the Kanto Reunion arc occurring in the story arc that poster represented, which indicates that it's going to be more than two episodes at the very least.

      Let's hope that THIS time around, Misty's actually ALLOWED to pursue her Water Pokémon Master goal, and not be forced back into the gym once she leaves. I always hated that bit, and besides even with the Reunion Arc redeeming the Gym Leaders since AG tarnished them, Brock did a far better battle than Misty did and was stressed to be a former gym leader, so they might as well just have her resume her goal and journey towards it, whether it be with Ash or, heck, even by herself.
      Reply With Quote
        #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old November 25th, 2018 (6:22 AM).
      CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is online now
      Just your average Spaceball
         
        Join Date: Jun 2017
        Location: Hayward
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 2,467
        Thing is... if Misty returns, does that mean we get quacky Psyduck? *Demands return of Psyduck theme!!!* <- totally would fit SuMo when you think about it.
        __________________
        Currently raising:


        Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
        Reply With Quote
          #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old November 25th, 2018 (6:36 AM).
        weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2005
          Posts: 2,618
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
          Thing is... if Misty returns, does that mean we get quacky Psyduck? *Demands return of Psyduck theme!!!* <- totally would fit SuMo when you think about it.
          We might. Heck, hopefully she'll bring her Starmie and Horsea along (let's face it, they've had LONG enough to be at the gym).
          Reply With Quote
            #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old November 25th, 2018 (8:27 AM).
          The Mega Champion's Avatar
          The Mega Champion The Mega Champion is offline
          Strategist
             
            Join Date: Sep 2007
            Location: Ohio
            Age: 29
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 783
            They're just scraping the bottom of the barrel, breaking the bottom of the barrel, and going underneath and digging under the bottom of the barrel at this point aren't they?

            This is not going to fix the atrocity of this series.

            :laugh-squinted:
            __________________
            PROUD Anti-Brony
            #SaveUsCena

            Reply With Quote
              #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old November 25th, 2018 (8:38 AM).
            Entei Fan's Avatar
            Entei Fan Entei Fan is offline
            Canine pokemon fan
               
              Join Date: Apr 2005
              Location: Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
              Age: 34
              Gender: Other
              Nature: Gentle
              Posts: 548
              Guys we already knew it about one 1 month ago via the poster on serebii
              __________________
              My pokemon uncles and aunts (Note that this is a recolor and from Pokemon Crystal)



              Original nick - BH
              Name - Bartek
              Reply With Quote
                #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old November 25th, 2018 (9:18 AM). Edited November 25th, 2018 by weedle_mchairybug.
              weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2005
                Posts: 2,618
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
                They're just scraping the bottom of the barrel, breaking the bottom of the barrel, and going underneath and digging under the bottom of the barrel at this point aren't they?

                This is not going to fix the atrocity of this series.

                :laugh-squinted:
                Maybe not, but allowing Misty to resume her goal of Water Pokémon Master will at least fix a very big mistake they made nearly fifteen years ago where they forced her out of her own goal, and then decided to just give Gym Leaders the JJM treatment starting with AG, and make no mistake, while they did a very good job fixing the latter bit with her last appearance, they've still got a ways to go to fix that bit.

                Besides, if ANYTHING's going to fix the atrocity this series represents, its actually LETTING Ash win a league (and believe me, had the writers just let Ash win the Kalos league especially in light of there not being any gyms in Alola, or heck, even just let Ash go there specifically to help set the league up, we wouldn't even BE in this mess).

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Entei Fan View Post
                Guys we already knew it about one 1 month ago via the poster on serebii
                True, but the teaser poster didn't exactly state when said reappearance was going to be. For all we knew, it could have been occurring October 2019 just before S&M ended. Heck, technically, we knew about this since the ending of SM043 practically foreshadowed their encore appearance.
                Reply With Quote
                  #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old November 26th, 2018 (9:27 AM). Edited November 27th, 2018 by Entei Fan.
                Entei Fan's Avatar
                Entei Fan Entei Fan is offline
                Canine pokemon fan
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2005
                  Location: Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
                  Age: 34
                  Gender: Other
                  Nature: Gentle
                  Posts: 548
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
                  True, but the teaser poster didn't exactly state when said reappearance was going to be. For all we knew, it could have been occurring October 2019 just before S&M ended. Heck, technically, we knew about this since the ending of SM043 practically foreshadowed their encore appearance.
                  Mhm, i see

                  Update

                  Wow i like Kasumi's/Misty's new outfit, Brock could of have his R/G/B outfit thought to match Alola's summer design
                  __________________
                  My pokemon uncles and aunts (Note that this is a recolor and from Pokemon Crystal)



                  Original nick - BH
                  Name - Bartek
                  Reply With Quote
                    #11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old November 27th, 2018 (2:21 PM). Edited November 27th, 2018 by Alloute.
                  Alloute's Avatar
                  Alloute Alloute is offline
                  Cat Burglar
                     
                    Join Date: May 2009
                    Location: Washington
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 111
                    Brock and Misty's comeback has been confirmed for over a month since they were shown in the new SM poster in September that spoiled Hau's debut and the new Eevee (i.e. things that have been shown in SM already, so the comeback happening soon was obvious). I'm surprised that some people still didn't know this was happening.
                    __________________
                    大阪この猫は極度のかわいい、彼持っているすべての最もよい特徴を、彼である私の好みの猫!
                    Reply With Quote
                      #12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old November 27th, 2018 (4:10 PM). Edited November 27th, 2018 by weedle_mchairybug.
                    weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2005
                      Posts: 2,618
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Alloute View Post
                      Brock and Misty's comeback has been confirmed for over a month since they were shown in the new SM poster in September that spoiled Hau's debut and the new Eevee (i.e. things that have been shown in SM already, so the comeback happening soon was obvious). I'm surprised that some people still didn't know this was happening.
                      Well, to be fair, we also didn't know if their reappearance was going to be soon or if it was going to occur at the very tail end of SM (like October 2019), especially when that was likely to be the final teaser poster for the series anyway.

                      Well, either way, let's see if the writers act smart for once and actually LET Misty resume her goal. Would go a long way to redeeming themselves of that mistake they made in GCYL where they forced her to resume gym duties, didn't give her any say and thus didn't even choose to change her goal at the very least (not to mention the utter disrespect they gave the gym leader profession shortly afterwards).
                      Reply With Quote
                        #13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:49 AM).
                      Hikanearylup's Avatar
                      Hikanearylup Hikanearylup is offline
                      Pearlshipper
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2018
                        Location: England
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 258
                        I would like to see Misty and Brock get some Alola forms of gen 1 Pokemon, I think that would be cool.

                        The new episode preview is out, here is the trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkyMLnsnLPw
                        __________________

                        My Pokemon forum : http://tdhf-pokemon.boards.net/



                        Lady Jirachu is a really good friend of mine, so please be nice to her.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 4 Weeks Ago (8:04 AM).
                        CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is online now
                        Just your average Spaceball
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2017
                          Location: Hayward
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 2,467
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Hikanearylup View Post
                          I would like to see Misty and Brock get some Alola forms of gen 1 Pokemon, I think that would be cool.

                          The new episode preview is out, here is the trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkyMLnsnLPw
                          What Alolan form would Misty get? Following have Alolan forms:

                          Geodude line
                          Grimer line
                          Meowth line
                          Sandshrew line
                          Vulpix line
                          Marowak
                          Exeggutor
                          Raichu
                          Rattata line
                          Diglett line

                          None of those are Water Pokemon. Brock could get Geodude but odds are that's not going to happen. Plus Misty "technically" has 6 Pokemon: Gyarados(Mega), Psyduck, Horsea(would think it'd be a Seadra by now), Corsola, Politoed and Staryu(which she used in Sumo 42. Starmie I believe was taken by her sisters).
                          __________________
                          Currently raising:


                          Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
                          Reply With Quote
                            #15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:59 AM).
                          Entei Fan's Avatar
                          Entei Fan Entei Fan is offline
                          Canine pokemon fan
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2005
                            Location: Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
                            Age: 34
                            Gender: Other
                            Nature: Gentle
                            Posts: 548
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                            What Alolan form would Misty get? Following have Alolan forms:

                            Vulpix line
                            This, mainly becuase Misty loved Suzie's Vulpix in kanto
                            __________________
                            My pokemon uncles and aunts (Note that this is a recolor and from Pokemon Crystal)



                            Original nick - BH
                            Name - Bartek
                            Reply With Quote
                              #16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:05 PM).
                            Quiji's Avatar
                            Quiji Quiji is offline
                            All I Want For Xmas
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2009
                              Gender: Female
                              Posts: 140
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                              None of those are Water Pokemon. Brock could get Geodude but odds are that's not going to happen. Plus Misty "technically" has 6 Pokemon: Gyarados(Mega), Psyduck, Horsea(would think it'd be a Seadra by now), Corsola, Politoed and Staryu(which she used in Sumo 42. Starmie I believe was taken by her sisters).
                              The Starmie is still her's iirc; she left it at the Gym with Horsea in the Kanto saga, so if Horsea belongs to her still, then so does Starmie. She also own Goldeen, Luvdisc, and Azurill, although I don't think she'll catch anything new in SuMo, because what good would that even do.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #17   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:39 PM).
                              weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2005
                                Posts: 2,618
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                                What Alolan form would Misty get? Following have Alolan forms:

                                Geodude line
                                Grimer line
                                Meowth line
                                Sandshrew line
                                Vulpix line
                                Marowak
                                Exeggutor
                                Raichu
                                Rattata line
                                Diglett line

                                None of those are Water Pokemon. Brock could get Geodude but odds are that's not going to happen. Plus Misty "technically" has 6 Pokemon: Gyarados(Mega), Psyduck, Horsea(would think it'd be a Seadra by now), Corsola, Politoed and Staryu(which she used in Sumo 42. Starmie I believe was taken by her sisters).
                                Vulpix's Alola line is an Ice-type, though, which is close enough. And besides, Azurill technically isn't a Water type, either, though it DOES evolve into one. And as someone pointed out, her Starmie's technically still under her possession since she left it at the gym (not really by choice, though, her sisters pretty much insisted on it).

                                In any case, let's hope for the best. I for one really am looking forward to Misty resuming her goal once again, now that she's likely to have an actual opportunity.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #18   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 3 Weeks Ago (2:23 AM).
                                Twilight-kun's Avatar
                                Twilight-kun Twilight-kun is offline
                                Pokémon World Champion
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                                  Age: 26
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Naughty
                                  Posts: 5,433
                                  Well, Misty's spotlight episode was quite yawn-inducing - They skip over the interesting bits so they can safely nestle back in the tired formula of "Team Rocket's New Mech Is Totally Invincible Then Crumples Like Tissue Paper Because There's Only Five Minutes Left In The Episode"
                                  __________________
                                  YT|dA|After the Ashes: Sasha's Story|Ailette's Story|Walking with Gods
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #19   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:19 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by weedle_mchairybug.
                                  weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2005
                                    Posts: 2,618
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
                                    Well, Misty's spotlight episode was quite yawn-inducing - They skip over the interesting bits so they can safely nestle back in the tired formula of "Team Rocket's New Mech Is Totally Invincible Then Crumples Like Tissue Paper Because There's Only Five Minutes Left In The Episode"
                                    Maybe, but I'm still looking forward to seeing Misty resume her Water Pokémon Master goal when she leaves. As long as they do that, I'll be content. Besides, I'm not entirely sure this arc will be the last we see of them in this saga. The teaser poster DID have Misty and Brock in there with their standard outfits, not their Alola outfits, and unlike with Lana's Eevee after its haircut, they did NOT modify the teaser poster to take that into account. That would suggest they might have another arc before the Sun and Moon series is over. And that's not even getting into this bit: http://mistycaribbeanflowers.tumblr.com/post/181345155323 Look at the text in two of the pictures, and then look at the To Be Continued image. That hints this is a trailer for next week's episode.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #20   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old 3 Weeks Ago (2:49 PM).
                                    Twilight-kun's Avatar
                                    Twilight-kun Twilight-kun is offline
                                    Pokémon World Champion
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2011
                                      Age: 26
                                      Gender: Female
                                      Nature: Naughty
                                      Posts: 5,433
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
                                      Maybe, but I'm still looking forward to seeing Misty resume her Water Pokémon Master goal when she leaves. As long as they do that, I'll be content. Besides, I'm not entirely sure this arc will be the last we see of them in this saga. The teaser poster DID have Misty and Brock in there with their standard outfits, not their Alola outfits, and unlike with Lana's Eevee after its haircut, they did NOT modify the teaser poster to take that into account. That would suggest they might have another arc before the Sun and Moon series is over. And that's not even getting into this bit: http://mistycaribbeanflowers.tumblr.com/post/181345155323 Look at the text in two of the pictures, and then look at the To Be Continued image. That hints this is a trailer for next week's episode.
                                      Have they EVER modified a teaser poster after a change occurs? I suspect that the Misty/Brock images were stock (it's literally just their artwork for the SM series) since they hadn’t yet designed their tourist outfits at that point
                                      __________________
                                      YT|dA|After the Ashes: Sasha's Story|Ailette's Story|Walking with Gods
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #21   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:39 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by weedle_mchairybug.
                                      weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Apr 2005
                                        Posts: 2,618
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
                                        Have they EVER modified a teaser poster after a change occurs? I suspect that the Misty/Brock images were stock (it's literally just their artwork for the SM series) since they hadn’t yet designed their tourist outfits at that point
                                        As a matter of fact, they've actually modified the most recent teaser poster specifically to take into account Marin's haircut. This is the poster from before the haircut:



                                        And here's the poster AFTER Marin got her haircut:



                                        If they can alter the poster for something like an Eevee merely having a different haircut, they most certainly can alter Misty and Brock in that poster to have them wearing their Alola outfits instead of their Kanto outfits.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #22   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:29 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Entei Fan.
                                        Entei Fan's Avatar
                                        Entei Fan Entei Fan is offline
                                        Canine pokemon fan
                                           
                                          Join Date: Apr 2005
                                          Location: Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
                                          Age: 34
                                          Gender: Other
                                          Nature: Gentle
                                          Posts: 548
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
                                          As a matter of fact, they've actually modified the most recent teaser poster specifically to take into account Marin's haircut. This is the poster from before the haircut:



                                          And here's the poster AFTER Marin got her haircut:



                                          If they can alter the poster for something like an Eevee merely having a different haircut, they most certainly can alter Misty and Brock in that poster to have them wearing their Alola outfits instead of their Kanto outfits.
                                          Um, may i ask why are you calling Nagisa chan "Marin" and why are you calling him a she?
                                          __________________
                                          My pokemon uncles and aunts (Note that this is a recolor and from Pokemon Crystal)



                                          Original nick - BH
                                          Name - Bartek
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #23   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:47 AM).
                                          weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Apr 2005
                                            Posts: 2,618
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Entei Fan View Post
                                            Why are you calling Nagisa chan "Marin" and why are you calling him a she?
                                            Hey, I'm just going by some GIFs from the episode, which referred to the Eevee as Marin:

                                            http://mistycaribbeanflowers.tumblr.com/post/181404465373/xcicichi-misty-lana-kept-in-touch
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #24   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:06 AM).
                                            Entei Fan's Avatar
                                            Entei Fan Entei Fan is offline
                                            Canine pokemon fan
                                               
                                              Join Date: Apr 2005
                                              Location: Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
                                              Age: 34
                                              Gender: Other
                                              Nature: Gentle
                                              Posts: 548
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
                                              Hey, I'm just going by some GIFs from the episode, which referred to the Eevee as Marin:

                                              http://mistycaribbeanflowers.tumblr.com/post/181404465373/xcicichi-misty-lana-kept-in-touch
                                              Hmm must be his future dub name thought
                                              __________________
                                              My pokemon uncles and aunts (Note that this is a recolor and from Pokemon Crystal)



                                              Original nick - BH
                                              Name - Bartek
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #25   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                              Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:32 AM).
                                              weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Apr 2005
                                                Posts: 2,618
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Entei Fan View Post
                                                Hmm must be his future dub name thought
                                                Perhaps. As far as why I thought it was a girl, it's largely because Marin is generally a girls name (case in point: Marin from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening).
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                Reply

                                                Quick Reply

                                                Join the conversation!

                                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                                Ad Content
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:17 PM.