Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Ad Content

Linked Article: Brock and Misty to reappear in Pokémon Sun and Moon anime View article on PokéCommunity Daily

They’re airing in an episode just before Christmas.

Read the article
  #1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 25th, 2018 (12:38 AM).
This is fine.

Nature: Jolly
Merry christmas
  #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old November 25th, 2018 (12:44 AM).

Well, that's definitely a good Christmas gift there. Let's see if it lasts more episodes than last time (though I'm pretty sure it will, as they wouldn't have appeared on the teaser poster for the current arc if they weren't going to last even a little bit longer/have less of a story role than before).
      #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old November 25th, 2018 (3:39 AM).

Nature: Quiet
    i've been hearing rumors that they were coming back. got a lot of questions i don't expect to be answered for quite a time. will this be a cameo? or will they actually stay in Alola with Ash? is this a hint for a possible return to kanto?
      #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old November 25th, 2018 (6:15 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Percy View Post
      i've been hearing rumors that they were coming back. got a lot of questions i don't expect to be answered for quite a time. will this be a cameo? or will they actually stay in Alola with Ash? is this a hint for a possible return to kanto?
      Don't know about a return to Kanto, or even a permanent return, but I'm pretty sure it's more than a cameo, especially considering that they appeared on the recent teaser poster back in September, when they didn't even appear in the first teaser poster despite the Kanto Reunion arc occurring in the story arc that poster represented, which indicates that it's going to be more than two episodes at the very least.

Let's hope that THIS time around, Misty's actually ALLOWED to pursue her Water Pokémon Master goal, and not be forced back into the gym once she leaves. I always hated that bit, and besides even with the Reunion Arc redeeming the Gym Leaders since AG tarnished them, Brock did a far better battle than Misty did and was stressed to be a former gym leader, so they might as well just have her resume her goal and journey towards it, whether it be with Ash or, heck, even by herself.
        #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old November 25th, 2018 (6:22 AM).
      Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
        Thing is... if Misty returns, does that mean we get quacky Psyduck? *Demands return of Psyduck theme!!!* <- totally would fit SuMo when you think about it.

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
          #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old November 25th, 2018 (6:36 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
          Thing is... if Misty returns, does that mean we get quacky Psyduck? *Demands return of Psyduck theme!!!* <- totally would fit SuMo when you think about it.
          We might. Heck, hopefully she'll bring her Starmie and Horsea along (let's face it, they've had LONG enough to be at the gym).
            #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old November 25th, 2018 (8:27 AM).
          Strategist

They're just scraping the bottom of the barrel, breaking the bottom of the barrel, and going underneath and digging under the bottom of the barrel at this point aren't they?

This is not going to fix the atrocity of this series.

:laugh-squinted:

#8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old November 25th, 2018 (8:38 AM).
            Canine pokemon fan

Nature: Gentle
              Guys we already knew it about one 1 month ago via the poster on serebii

Original nick - BH
              Name - Bartek
                #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old November 25th, 2018 (9:18 AM). Edited November 25th, 2018 by weedle_mchairybug.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
                They're just scraping the bottom of the barrel, breaking the bottom of the barrel, and going underneath and digging under the bottom of the barrel at this point aren't they?

This is not going to fix the atrocity of this series.

:laugh-squinted:
                Maybe not, but allowing Misty to resume her goal of Water Pokémon Master will at least fix a very big mistake they made nearly fifteen years ago where they forced her out of her own goal, and then decided to just give Gym Leaders the JJM treatment starting with AG, and make no mistake, while they did a very good job fixing the latter bit with her last appearance, they've still got a ways to go to fix that bit.

Besides, if ANYTHING's going to fix the atrocity this series represents, its actually LETTING Ash win a league (and believe me, had the writers just let Ash win the Kalos league especially in light of there not being any gyms in Alola, or heck, even just let Ash go there specifically to help set the league up, we wouldn't even BE in this mess).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Entei Fan View Post
                Guys we already knew it about one 1 month ago via the poster on serebii
                True, but the teaser poster didn't exactly state when said reappearance was going to be. For all we knew, it could have been occurring October 2019 just before S&M ended. Heck, technically, we knew about this since the ending of SM043 practically foreshadowed their encore appearance.
                  #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old November 26th, 2018 (9:27 AM). Edited November 27th, 2018 by Entei Fan.
                Canine pokemon fan

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
                  True, but the teaser poster didn't exactly state when said reappearance was going to be. For all we knew, it could have been occurring October 2019 just before S&M ended. Heck, technically, we knew about this since the ending of SM043 practically foreshadowed their encore appearance.
                  Mhm, i see

Update

Wow i like Kasumi's/Misty's new outfit, Brock could of have his R/G/B outfit thought to match Alola's summer design

Original nick - BH
                  Name - Bartek
                    #11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old November 27th, 2018 (2:21 PM). Edited November 27th, 2018 by Alloute.
                  Cat Burglar

Brock and Misty's comeback has been confirmed for over a month since they were shown in the new SM poster in September that spoiled Hau's debut and the new Eevee (i.e. things that have been shown in SM already, so the comeback happening soon was obvious). I'm surprised that some people still didn't know this was happening.
                      #12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old November 27th, 2018 (4:10 PM). Edited November 27th, 2018 by weedle_mchairybug.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Alloute View Post
                      Brock and Misty's comeback has been confirmed for over a month since they were shown in the new SM poster in September that spoiled Hau's debut and the new Eevee (i.e. things that have been shown in SM already, so the comeback happening soon was obvious). I'm surprised that some people still didn't know this was happening.
                      Well, to be fair, we also didn't know if their reappearance was going to be soon or if it was going to occur at the very tail end of SM (like October 2019), especially when that was likely to be the final teaser poster for the series anyway.

Well, either way, let's see if the writers act smart for once and actually LET Misty resume her goal. Would go a long way to redeeming themselves of that mistake they made in GCYL where they forced her to resume gym duties, didn't give her any say and thus didn't even choose to change her goal at the very least (not to mention the utter disrespect they gave the gym leader profession shortly afterwards).
                        #13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:49 AM).
                      Pearlshipper

I would like to see Misty and Brock get some Alola forms of gen 1 Pokemon, I think that would be cool.

The new episode preview is out, here is the trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkyMLnsnLPw

My Pokemon forum : http://tdhf-pokemon.boards.net/

Lady Jirachu is a really good friend of mine, so please be nice to her.
                          #14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 4 Weeks Ago (8:04 AM).
                        Just your average Spaceball

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Hikanearylup View Post
                          I would like to see Misty and Brock get some Alola forms of gen 1 Pokemon, I think that would be cool.

The new episode preview is out, here is the trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkyMLnsnLPw
                          What Alolan form would Misty get? Following have Alolan forms:

Geodude line
                          Grimer line
                          Meowth line
                          Sandshrew line
                          Vulpix line
                          Marowak
                          Exeggutor
                          Raichu
                          Rattata line
                          Diglett line

None of those are Water Pokemon. Brock could get Geodude but odds are that's not going to happen. Plus Misty "technically" has 6 Pokemon: Gyarados(Mega), Psyduck, Horsea(would think it'd be a Seadra by now), Corsola, Politoed and Staryu(which she used in Sumo 42. Starmie I believe was taken by her sisters).

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
                            #15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:59 AM).
                          Canine pokemon fan

Quote:

Vulpix line
                            This, mainly becuase Misty loved Suzie's Vulpix in kanto

Original nick - BH
                            Name - Bartek
                              #16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:05 PM).
                            All I Want For Xmas

Quote:
                              None of those are Water Pokemon. Brock could get Geodude but odds are that's not going to happen. Plus Misty "technically" has 6 Pokemon: Gyarados(Mega), Psyduck, Horsea(would think it'd be a Seadra by now), Corsola, Politoed and Staryu(which she used in Sumo 42. Starmie I believe was taken by her sisters).
                              The Starmie is still her's iirc; she left it at the Gym with Horsea in the Kanto saga, so if Horsea belongs to her still, then so does Starmie. She also own Goldeen, Luvdisc, and Azurill, although I don't think she'll catch anything new in SuMo, because what good would that even do.
                                #17   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:39 PM).

Quote:

Geodude line
                                Grimer line
                                Meowth line
                                Sandshrew line
                                Vulpix line
                                Marowak
                                Exeggutor
                                Raichu
                                Rattata line
                                Diglett line

Vulpix's Alola line is an Ice-type, though, which is close enough. And besides, Azurill technically isn't a Water type, either, though it DOES evolve into one. And as someone pointed out, her Starmie's technically still under her possession since she left it at the gym (not really by choice, though, her sisters pretty much insisted on it).

In any case, let's hope for the best. I for one really am looking forward to Misty resuming her goal once again, now that she's likely to have an actual opportunity.
                                  #18   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 3 Weeks Ago (2:23 AM).
                                Pokémon World Champion

Nature: Naughty
                                  Well, Misty's spotlight episode was quite yawn-inducing - They skip over the interesting bits so they can safely nestle back in the tired formula of "Team Rocket's New Mech Is Totally Invincible Then Crumples Like Tissue Paper Because There's Only Five Minutes Left In The Episode"
                                    #19   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:19 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by weedle_mchairybug.
                                  weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
                                    Well, Misty's spotlight episode was quite yawn-inducing - They skip over the interesting bits so they can safely nestle back in the tired formula of "Team Rocket's New Mech Is Totally Invincible Then Crumples Like Tissue Paper Because There's Only Five Minutes Left In The Episode"
                                    Maybe, but I'm still looking forward to seeing Misty resume her Water Pokémon Master goal when she leaves. As long as they do that, I'll be content. Besides, I'm not entirely sure this arc will be the last we see of them in this saga. The teaser poster DID have Misty and Brock in there with their standard outfits, not their Alola outfits, and unlike with Lana's Eevee after its haircut, they did NOT modify the teaser poster to take that into account. That would suggest they might have another arc before the Sun and Moon series is over. And that's not even getting into this bit: http://mistycaribbeanflowers.tumblr.com/post/181345155323 Look at the text in two of the pictures, and then look at the To Be Continued image. That hints this is a trailer for next week's episode.
                                      #20   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old 3 Weeks Ago (2:49 PM).
                                    Pokémon World Champion

Nature: Naughty
                                      Quote:
                                      Maybe, but I'm still looking forward to seeing Misty resume her Water Pokémon Master goal when she leaves. As long as they do that, I'll be content. Besides, I'm not entirely sure this arc will be the last we see of them in this saga. The teaser poster DID have Misty and Brock in there with their standard outfits, not their Alola outfits, and unlike with Lana's Eevee after its haircut, they did NOT modify the teaser poster to take that into account. That would suggest they might have another arc before the Sun and Moon series is over. And that's not even getting into this bit: http://mistycaribbeanflowers.tumblr.com/post/181345155323 Look at the text in two of the pictures, and then look at the To Be Continued image. That hints this is a trailer for next week's episode.
                                      Have they EVER modified a teaser poster after a change occurs? I suspect that the Misty/Brock images were stock (it's literally just their artwork for the SM series) since they hadn’t yet designed their tourist outfits at that point
                                        #21   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:39 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by weedle_mchairybug.

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
                                        Have they EVER modified a teaser poster after a change occurs? I suspect that the Misty/Brock images were stock (it's literally just their artwork for the SM series) since they hadn’t yet designed their tourist outfits at that point
                                        As a matter of fact, they've actually modified the most recent teaser poster specifically to take into account Marin's haircut. This is the poster from before the haircut:

And here's the poster AFTER Marin got her haircut:

If they can alter the poster for something like an Eevee merely having a different haircut, they most certainly can alter Misty and Brock in that poster to have them wearing their Alola outfits instead of their Kanto outfits.
                                          #22   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:29 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Entei Fan.
                                        Canine pokemon fan

Location: Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
                                          Quote:
                                          As a matter of fact, they've actually modified the most recent teaser poster specifically to take into account Marin's haircut. This is the poster from before the haircut:

And here's the poster AFTER Marin got her haircut:

If they can alter the poster for something like an Eevee merely having a different haircut, they most certainly can alter Misty and Brock in that poster to have them wearing their Alola outfits instead of their Kanto outfits.
                                          Um, may i ask why are you calling Nagisa chan "Marin" and why are you calling him a she?

Original nick - BH
                                          Name - Bartek
                                            #23   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:47 AM).

Quote:
                                            Why are you calling Nagisa chan "Marin" and why are you calling him a she?
                                            Hey, I'm just going by some GIFs from the episode, which referred to the Eevee as Marin:

http://mistycaribbeanflowers.tumblr.com/post/181404465373/xcicichi-misty-lana-kept-in-touch
                                              #24   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:06 AM).
                                            Canine pokemon fan

Location: Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
                                              Quote:
                                              Hey, I'm just going by some GIFs from the episode, which referred to the Eevee as Marin:

http://mistycaribbeanflowers.tumblr.com/post/181404465373/xcicichi-misty-lana-kept-in-touch
                                              Hmm must be his future dub name thought

Original nick - BH
                                              Name - Bartek
                                                #25   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                              Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:32 AM).

Quote:
                                                Hmm must be his future dub name thought
                                                Perhaps. As far as why I thought it was a girl, it's largely because Marin is generally a girls name (case in point: Marin from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening).

Quick Reply