• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sweet 2th - Sugary Sweet Seconds! 8/21/2017 bugfix available

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
The music thing is a known issue and I don't have a fix for it yet.

I thought I fixed the berry tree thing, which tree is it?

Also I just confirmed Candform does freeze the game...not really sure how that happened. I'll try to work something out there

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2022
It's the tree next to where you battle your rivals after the first gym

Also found a glitch at the gym with Sabrina, when the camera pans over to show the pirates it gets stuck there. I can still move but it's completely glitched out, and for some reason it lets me go into the Sabrina gym? No other buildings just that one. Can I just progress from there without fighting the pirates or does that break something?

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2023
haha "Sweet tooth" pretty legit.
I came here to remind you of a typo, but then realized it was intentional! Love the idea for this game, keep up the good work.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
12/13/2016 update patch

Download Here!

Okay, this should fix the issue where encountering Candform freezes the game. In case something still goes wrong with him, I've removed him as a random encounter; instead there is now a house in Bakewell Island where you can recieve him as a gift Pokemon. The same house will also have an NPC that teaches Metronome if you so desire it.

I've also taken the opportunity to add a new feature - previously, I left the Pokedex unchanged from vanilla Fire Red, but in the newest patch, the Pokedex can now sort the Pokesweets you've collected by who it was that made its sprite. It's quite interesting to look at who made what; we've all got unique styles IMO.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
12/13/2016 update patch

Download Here!

Okay, this should fix the issue where encountering Candform freezes the game. In case something still goes wrong with him, I've removed him as a random encounter; instead there is now a house in Bakewell Island where you can recieve him as a gift Pokemon. The same house will also have an NPC that teaches Metronome if you so desire it.

I've also taken the opportunity to add a new feature - previously, I left the Pokedex unchanged from vanilla Fire Red, but in the newest patch, the Pokedex can now sort the Pokesweets you've collected by who it was that made its sprite. It's quite interesting to look at who made what; we've all got unique styles IMO.

That's a pretty cool feature, going to have to check that out and make a note of it.

And may I ask, where do you get the last two mega sweets I'm missing, or what they are?

I beat all pirates, gyms and the E4, yet I'm missing two.

For reference, I have the:

Mega S. Berry
Mega Apple
Mega Pumpkin
Mega Lime
Mega Berry
Mega Pie
Mega Cone
Mega Banana
Mega Cake
Mega Egg

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
The remaining items are the Mega Pop and the Mega Cherry. If you have both the Strawberry and the Apple you should also have the Cherry; Do you happen to have two of any particular Mega Sweet?

The Mega Pop is in the Choco Mine, accessible from Route 16.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I have been trying to use Tsukuyomi to patch my Fire Red ROM, but it hasn't been working out. It keeps saying the patch was successful, but the game is still just Fire Red. Can someone explain what's wrong?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The remaining items are the Mega Pop and the Mega Cherry. If you have both the Strawberry and the Apple you should also have the Cherry; Do you happen to have two of any particular Mega Sweet?

I do not have any copies or the cherry, weird.
Thanks, got the mega pop!
I have been trying to use Tsukuyomi to patch my Fire Red ROM, but it hasn't been working out. It keeps saying the patch was successful, but the game is still just Fire Red. Can someone explain what's wrong?

Try using NUPS and the right rom as mentioned if you aren't already. Click ignore over abort when creating the patch to.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Try using NUPS and the right rom as mentioned if you aren't already. Click ignore over abort when creating the patch to.

Eheheh.. Sorry, I'm still kinda new to this. When you say the "right ROM" you mean the exact ROM copy the creator used to patch? Or any clean FireRed ROM?

Also I got an error for trying to patch on NUPS.

Last edited:

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
Does the Fire Red ROM you have have the word "Presents" on the boot screen? If yes, it's the wrong version of Fire Red.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Eheheh.. Sorry, I'm still kinda new to this. When you say the "right ROM" you mean the exact ROM copy the creator used to patch? Or any clean FireRed ROM?

Also I got an error for trying to patch on NUPS.

Yes you need the exact rom copy or it won't patch right.

If it says the file types aren't the same and will be aborted ( or whatever the message is) Chang the abort option under if patching fails, and then go and click ignore. Your rom should then work provided everything else is good.

Okay I got the cherry, my Fudgasaur had it.

However I can't get the pop.

It has to do with an event at the end of the mines right?
If so, the event broke for me and acts like I completed it without completing it.

The boy says the same thing and his mother doesn't acknowledge it.

Yet I never fought anything there. It's like the Pumpkin Forest event right?

Is there a way for me to get the mega pop so I can complete the game?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I guess I'll redownload the most recent patch and the right ROM and start from scratch with NUPS, and let you know if it works.

Umm... I can just download the recent patch, right? Or is that just for updates and I need the original patch as well?

UPDATE: I downloaded a CLEAN file. And it is 1.0. I tried to apply the patch to the file using NUPS, choosing ignore over abort. Even with that I get an error message.

Sweet 2th Error.png

If I try to patch it to the compressed Folder, it completely corrupts and I cannot use it. I'm gonna try with Tsukuyomi again next.

To directly patch source file, a temporary file is being made.
Upon successful patching, the target file will be replaced with this.

Applying patch file 'C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Downloaded Games\ROMS\visualboyadvance-m2.0.0Beta1\Pokemon\PokemonSweet2th_12_13_2016.ups' ...
Reading file 'C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Downloaded Games\ROMS\visualboyadvance-m2.0.0Beta1\Pokemon\Pokemon_Fire_Red.zip' ...
Target file is 'C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Downloaded Games\ROMS\visualboyadvance-m2.0.0Beta1\Pokemon\Pokemon_Fire_Red.zip.utm' ...
Patch application will take approximately 0 minute(s), 5 second(s).
Please be patient ... UI will not be responsive during this time.

Failed! Input file is invalid.

This comes up when I try Tsukuyomi. So I'm pretty unsure of what's going wrong.

Update: VICTORY!!! :D I finally got it to work. All I had to do was take the ROM out of the compressed folder, patch it and put it back in. Now I can play Sweet 2th! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I guess I'll redownload the most recent patch and the right ROM and start from scratch with NUPS, and let you know if it works.

Umm... I can just download the recent patch, right? Or is that just for updates and I need the original patch as well?

UPDATE: I downloaded a CLEAN file. And it is 1.0. I tried to apply the patch to the file using NUPS, choosing ignore over abort. Even with that I get an error message.

View attachment 80932

If I try to patch it to the compressed Folder, it completely corrupts and I cannot use it. I'm gonna try with Tsukuyomi again next.

To directly patch source file, a temporary file is being made.
Upon successful patching, the target file will be replaced with this.

Applying patch file 'C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Downloaded Games\ROMS\visualboyadvance-m2.0.0Beta1\Pokemon\PokemonSweet2th_12_13_2016.ups' ...
Reading file 'C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Downloaded Games\ROMS\visualboyadvance-m2.0.0Beta1\Pokemon\Pokemon_Fire_Red.zip' ...
Target file is 'C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Downloaded Games\ROMS\visualboyadvance-m2.0.0Beta1\Pokemon\Pokemon_Fire_Red.zip.utm' ...
Patch application will take approximately 0 minute(s), 5 second(s).
Please be patient ... UI will not be responsive during this time.

Failed! Input file is invalid.

This comes up when I try Tsukuyomi. So I'm pretty unsure of what's going wrong.

Update: VICTORY!!! :D I finally got it to work. All I had to do was take the ROM out of the compressed folder, patch it and put it back in. Now I can play Sweet 2th! :)
How exactly do you manage to do that? I'm having the hardest time patching mine.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Well like I said, I took the Fire Red ROM file out of it's folder , Used Tsukuyomi UPS Patcher to patch the ROM with the Sweet 2th patch, then I stuck the newly patched game in it's still compressed folder.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I've got a Rootic, (the black Joltik thing) with Powder Snow, which is Ice Type attack instead of a candy type.. Have you not changed all the types yet or is that a glitch?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Well like I said, I took the Fire Red ROM file out of it's folder , Used Tsukuyomi UPS Patcher to patch the ROM with the Sweet 2th patch, then I stuck the newly patched game in it's still compressed folder.
I've tried applying PokemonSweet2th_12_13_2016.ups to PokeSweet2.gba with tsukuyomi but every time that I do it fails.

Back