• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deltora Quest

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
Hi, this is my idea for a game that I will try to make when my laptop stops being........... wierd..

DELTORA QUEST

Deltora Quest was an eight book series created by Emily Rodda (Jennifer Rowe) and it is one of my favourite book series' EVER!!!

Deltora is a land of magic and monsters...

The mystical land of Deltora once thrived, and when an evil attacked from beyond the mountains that are Deltora's borders, Adin of the Del Tribe united all seven Deltoran tribes and created the Belt of Deltora, using steel and the talisman of each tribe.

But centuries later, in the time of Adin's descendant, King Endon, the belt was destroyed, the gems scattered and Deltora lost to the Shadowlord.

16 years had passed, and Lief of Del sets off with a man named Barda to recollect the gems and place them on the belt that had been restored by his blacksmith father Jarred. They meet along their journey many friends, such as;
-Jasmine
-Manus
-Tira
-Doom
-Gla-Thon
-Zeean
-Glock
-Dain
-Fardeep
And many more.
Lief and Barda travel to the places where the gems are hidden;
-The Forests of Silence
-The Lake of Tears
-City of the Rats
-The Shifting Sands
-Dread Mountain
-Maze of the Beast
-The Valley of the Lost
The gems, placed on the Belt of Deltora in the same order as Adin first put them in, create a SPELL far greater than the sum of it's parts. The gems are;
-Diamond
-Emerald
-Lapis lazuli
-Topaz
-Opal
-Ruby
-Amethyst

Will Lief, Barda and new companion Jasmine succeed on their quest? Who is Adin's true heir, the one who can use the Belt of Deltora's magic?? And how long until the Shadowlord finds out about their quest and tries to stop them???

...Deltora is a land of magic and monsters

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Hah my little brother was into this series. He made me watch some episodes of the anime and always wished there was a game. What are your ideas for gameplay? I believe a game came out in Japan or something like that for the DS and it was an RPG.

Dragonite Ernston

I rival Lance's.
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2016
Oh man, Deltora Quest. I loved that book series so much when I was a little kid.

But your idea seems to not be much of an idea. You've basically given us a synopsis of the Delotra Quest stories without really telling us what kind of gameplay there's going to be, like DaSpirit mentioned.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Really interesting idea! I like it! I believe there is also a cartoon/anime show based on the books! Maybe you can take a look at those for some inspiration!

We know what the story is, what will the game be like? Ideas?

Khawill

<3
Years
Well following the books exactly would be rather.boring for vets, and I could see this being a dragon age type game. Though since the most common program used here is RPG maker, maybe it could be made using a heavily modified version of that? Like a real time battle system that is fairly basic? (A game called Inotia 3 on the iPad comes to mind.) I would say since the novels focus a lot on puzzles, riddles, and such that combat should come second to those. I am not a game designer though I do know what I and my friends look for, and I have read the books many times so a combat orientated game would be slightly disappointing to me (there are so many of them).

An exact novel adaptation, or slight differentiation would not be bad, though I'd say a complete alteration (follow to a point) or a different story such as a prequel or a sequel to the novels would be interesting.

Combat, though coming second, should be interesting as well, I would suggest that if it isn't a real world active battle, then don't make it random battles, maybe compensation for that would be experience from puzzle solving or something.

Additionally it may be better to do it as an android/apple app such that it would be more interesting if distributed. Also doing it by chapters could be less stressful than going all at once. Maybe a chapter or two a year, that way there is a lot of consistent detail.

Back