• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I was just coming here to post that. lol

If they actually made oreos that looked like that, I might try one. :P

I would love to join! How may I do so?
You just did. All you have to do is start posting and be part of the community.

So, welcome to the club! :D

Last edited:

TomSucka

Tom
Years
  • Age 25
  • SA
  • Seen Aug 13, 2012
You just did. All you have to do is start posting and be part of the community.

So, welcome to the club! :D[/QUOTE]

Cool beans!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
@Scarf, that can only help the Prop 8 lawsuit, right? To have their own witnesses begin to turn against them? I have to say I like that - this person is my hero of the day :P

@TomSucka you just did! I will add your name to the list right now :)

And yeah, I heard about the Oreo thing yesterday and I was uber excited about it because any show of support is a good show.

I was talking to a few people about it and one of them raised concerns that the motives were not altruistic - that they don't really give a crap about gay rights and are just using it as a marketing campaign to sell cookies. To which I say: who gives a crap? A good gesture is a good gesture, no matter what the motivation. Do woodland creatures care if their forest home was saved by an old lady who bought the land as a tax write-off? No. They just care that they get to stay in the forest and not die.

As for the boycott, I don't think the Oreo company are shaking in their boots somehow lmao. Even if they weren't a massive conglomerate with a stake in too many things for a person to effectively boycott, they have no need to worry. Oreos are too delicious to stay mad at for too long.

Maybe the company should diversify into condoms? They'd make a killing.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Funny thing is that I already haven't bought any Kraft products in years. lol

I gotta stop boycotting them! (Except I kinda can't, because they like only sell unhealthy stuff. lol)

Years
I guess having a big corporation supporting gay people is good. If they actually do. I mean, they could just be doing it for publicity, hoping that more new people will buy their products than will stop buying them. I bet a much higher number of gay and gay-supportive people know about this than anti-gay people.

And regarding Prop 8, I don't think it's going to have any effect since Prop 8 is most likely going to the Supreme Court and in the last few years the court has been making stupid decisions (like saying that corporations can donate unlimited money to political candidates while remaining secret).

Yes, the glass is half empty.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I NEVER POST HERE WHY

The rainbow Oreo is cute. idk why i called a cookie cute but w/e.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Funny thing is that I already haven't bought any Kraft products in years. lol

I gotta stop boycotting them! (Except I kinda can't, because they like only sell unhealthy stuff. lol)

Well I mean its not the question of banning unhealthy things from your system its more of how you handle them.

I know for me I eat junk food everyday and don't get fat visible but I can pounds on the scale. It just never shows which is really weird tbh. However I totally see where your coming from :)

As for people boycotting cookies due to makers having an open mind....idk I guess its how the cookie crumbles. It's kinda sad that a bunch of people are fighting a cookie. But it seems the cookie is winning and as long as people are being support and not bashing I guess life is good. Its when people start bashing and trolling in real life that things get out of hand. I guess wishing for the best is the only possible thing to do at times.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, I want to be healthy, not just thin, so I exercise a lot and eat as healthy as possible. Absolutely no junk food/candy/dessert/fried food at all, ever. I already only weigh 120lbs at 6', but my family(on both sides) tends to be super thin when they're young, and then get really fat when they get older, so I'm making sure it doesn't happen to me. lol

(I know this is off topic, but we haven't been getting very many posts anyway... maybe we could get a little more traffic if we let people go off topic a little more/talk about their personal experiences/etc.)

Speaking of which, anyone care to give us an update on how they're doing as far as coming out/dating/other lgbt related stuffs?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Speaking of which, anyone care to give us an update on how they're doing as far as coming out/dating/other lgbt related stuffs?

I came out to another friend a few days ago who just simply replied with 'knew it'. ): NOT THAT OBVIOUS TBH. But yeah, they were a close friend and I trust them so why not?

Also play.com is trying out me by showing the history of what I looked at. (i went into the lgbt movie section) s t o p

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Pretty much at a stand still. My family is acting like if they ignore it it will go away. kinda one of the reason I want to move out. however at the same time i'd feel bad since my aunt is old and needs my grandma for everyday help and my grand,a is old since she is 86. i mean for her age she is doing great but if she got a cold or something one day nobody would be able to take care of my aunt. So really can't move out or get married so yea... So for me its an awkward period.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
Years
Anyone ever been in that situation where you end up falling in love with your best friend but they would never go out with you because they didn't feel the same way? And they don't think you're bisexual? Cause I've been in that situation for the past 3 months looooooooooooool x)

Years
My girlfriend's job gives her some health insurance and they let her cover a spouse or domestic partner. You don't even have to be either legally as long as you live together. So, at least as far as my insurance is concerned, I've been domestic partnershipped. x3

Anyone ever been in that situation where you end up falling in love with your best friend but they would never go out with you because they didn't feel the same way? And they don't think you're bisexual? Cause I've been in that situation for the past 3 months looooooooooooool x)
Is your best friend bi/gay and if they knew you were bi would that change things?

Shining Raichu

Years
QuilavaKing said:

Pretty much everybody in my life knows, with the exception of my parents and my sister. I'm trying to save the bombshell for the perfect moment, because I only ever get to play it once and when I do I want it to be absolutely awesome lol. If I find myself in a situation where I can plan it out with enough advance notice, I might even see if I can voice record it on my iPhone for all of your enjoyment :P

And while the people in my life know, I have about 300 Facebook friends I went to high school with but who I'm not close enough with to bother telling - so I'd like to make an awesome production of it on Facebook when the time is right too. I'm gonna do this so ostentatiously. I may even involve a barber shop quartette.

You only get to do this once, you might as well do it right!

EmeraldSerenade said:
Anyone ever been in that situation where you end up falling in love with your best friend but they would never go out with you because they didn't feel the same way? And they don't think you're bisexual? Cause I've been in that situation for the past 3 months

No, I can't say that I have. I'd like to hear the answer to Scarf's question too, though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years

Is it bad that.. >_> I love reading Shounen-ai fanfiction/ graphic novels for this very plotline?

.. It's Gravitation's storyline right there @_@..

And.. this is kind of a random question.. but do any transgendered people or people who like to crossdress here have any advice about finding some binding? : |.. I'm planning a crossplay and I want to do it well so I was just wondering if anyone here happened to have any advice <3

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

Yes. But scrap out "best" on the friend, and that I didn't think they were bisexual or gay. For several months in my past. In fact, it's very hard for me not to like them. But they went away and I no longer see them often, and it's been maybe a year when that whole thing went down.

Unfulfilled attractions suck. Best move on, is what i've learned. No point in wrapping yourself up in it.

Pretty much everybody in my life knows, with the exception of my parents and my sister. I'm trying to save the bombshell for the perfect moment, because I only ever get to play it once and when I do I want it to be absolutely awesome lol. If I find myself in a situation where I can plan it out with enough advance notice, I might even see if I can voice record it on my iPhone for all of your enjoyment :P

And while the people in my life know, I have about 300 Facebook friends I went to high school with but who I'm not close enough with to bother telling - so I'd like to make an awesome production of it on Facebook when the time is right too. I'm gonna do this so ostentatiously. I may even involve a barber shop quartette.

You only get to do this once, you might as well do it right!

Ugh, I don't like it to be flashy for me. :X
It's shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I didn't get a big "coming out," though. The only real "dramatic" tellings was when I first first came out to a friend on text message (who immediately called me afterwards.), when I told my Mom at 14 and my dad at 16, and when I said it at my school's GSA.

That last one turned into someone spreading it around, and nothing happening. Everyone just kinda knew, and were fine with it. People I didn't even know, either! But still, there are people who get caught in a conversation when that information is shared for some reason, and I could know them for quite a bit beforehand, and they end up having the "NO WAI" moments because they somehow didn't know. Like for instance, a girl I met through theatre once had a conversation with her friend (who I also know) that went like this:

*excited* "ASHLEE!"

"What?"

"DID YOU KNOW THAT JOEY IS GAY?"

"Uh.... yeah."

"I HAD NO IDEA I THOUGHT HE LIKED ME."

These don't phase me, and they're quite funny sometimes.

Shining Raichu

Years
It shouldn't be a big deal, no - but the thing is, it is a big deal. So I wanna use that and have a little bit of fun with it haha. There will come a time in the future when telling people you're gay won't be a big deal, but unfortunately that time isn't now. At least not for me. So I wanna mess with people a little for my own amusement. It's not gonna be flashy, it's gonna be a BOOM.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
My coming outs have all been very unpleasant. I've had a few of them now, and I always end up wishing I hadn't done it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
It shouldn't be a big deal, no - but the thing is, it is a big deal. So I wanna use that and have a little bit of fun with it haha. There will come a time in the future when telling people you're gay won't be a big deal, but unfortunately that time isn't now. At least not for me. So I wanna mess with people a little for my own amusement. It's not gonna be flashy, it's gonna be a BOOM.

Is it really? I guess I can't relate but.. I guess I just don't see someone who's anything other than heterosexual to actually be a big deal. I mean.. why should it be a big deal?
I can see it being a big deal for your parents because they realize then that they wont have biological grandchildren but.. other than that? I dunno; I think it's a normal thing to me? "Oh hey you're gay? That's cool."

*Shrug*

Shining Raichu

Years
Well that's what I mean - for the people I'm going to be telling, it will be a big deal lol. If everybody had your attitude about it, then we'd have nothing left to fight for and clubs like this one wouldn't be necessary.

My parents are going to flip - especially my mother who is determined I'm gonna be supporting a family because she wants grandchildren so badly... and my sister will be pissed because she hates anything that rocks the boat and creates anything other than perfect peace within the house :P.

So I'm gonna time it well and make it fun for me. Drop the bomb and watch the mushroom cloud XD. This sounds like I'm being sarcastic and throwing a pity party, but I'm really not. I don't really care that much what my family thinks of me, I just want a bit of excitement. My life's getting a bit dull and routine so I want to shake things up a little haha.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Whatever floats your boat and doesn't place you in any kind of harm, then I suppose go for it. The only thing that's been close for a "blow up" after coming out for me was maybe.... my mother, I suppose? She was okay with it, of course, but she just doesn't get it.

You know what I mean? She knows what it is, but all she really knows about it is just the stereotype. She (subconsciously) thought that this was going to change me to be like the stereotype, and that day after I told her we had an all-day argument about how she was trying to understand the situation with stereotypes and how I was frustrated and resenting her for it.

I've seen her attitude change over time though, she's seen that it hasn't changed who I was. But she still has that kind of ignorance about it.

But the one thing I remember pissing me off was when she called my future significant lover "partner." HOMOSEXUALITY ISN'T A BUSINESS, MOM. I have a pet peeve about that one.

I had a much smoother time with my Dad. He already knew, of course, but all he did was accept me and listen to what I had to say to understand it.

So look at me being hipster with the Dad being cool with it and the Mom causing the problems.

Back