• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bethanie

Sound Soldier
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
Personally I want to see a Dark Gym. I think its the only Type that has yet to have a Gym, and it makes me yearn for one horribly.

Yeah, you'd think they'd do it buy now. They always have the "elemental" fire, water and grass gyms (Forgetting Sinnoh as it really only had three fire types - Ponyta, Chimchar and Houndour, but Ronald McDonald Flint was the in the E4 so...)

I'm happy to see another poison gym.

Apparently, Cheren is the new norm. type leader (Funny. First black character is there and gone :p), which is weird 'cos I assumed he would at least be in the e4.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps Lenora was promoted to the E4...
Also it seems like Elesa has a new gym, at least it looks that way in the trailer, with her badge being seen behind the large screen. I wonder if any of the other gym leaders will radically change their gyms, like Brycen's could be a ski resort, having to go up and down on ski lifts to get to get to him.

Years
Well 1st is Cheren, 2nd is proably Homika, 3rd is likely what's his name, 4th or 5th might be Elesa, and 7th will be Brycen shall he retain his position.
If one counts Brycen than we have 5 of the 8 gym leaders. So who are the 3 others who remain? Skyla, Clay, Iris/ Drayden is my guess.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Well 1st is Cheren, 2nd is proably Homika, 3rd is likely what's his name, 4th or 5th might be Elesa, and 7th will be Brycen shall he retain his position.
If one counts Brycen than we have 5 of the 8 gym leaders. So who are the 3 others who remain? Skyla, Clay, Iris/ Drayden is my guess.
Shizui @ 3rd Gym Leader!

I think Elesa will most likely keep her position as the 4th Gym Leader, unless she has moved up a rank after two years. Which would be great, considering that would mean she'd be a bit more powerful.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
She's likely to stay where she is tbh, depending on where exactly the tunnel is located and where it leads to. XD;

At the other post, though, first won't be a triple battle because there's only one leader and it's too early to have three Pokemon for the one leader. :x

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
At the other post, though, first won't be a triple battle because there's only one leader and it's too early to have three Pokemon for the one leader. :x
Yeah and Cheren's one known Pokémon just had to be a Patrat too! u_u patrat triple battle

Oh well, at least he's a Gym Leader. u_u!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Ugh, I hate Patrat. And Watchog. Basically that whole stupid family. Ugh. That first Gym's going to be fun. Ugh. [/grouch]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Shizui @ 3rd Gym Leader!

I think Elesa will most likely keep her position as the 4th Gym Leader, unless she has moved up a rank after two years. Which would be great, considering that would mean she'd be a bit more powerful.

Shizui would be after Elesa since you have to go through Nimbasa before getting to the new area that he would be in. I think the last bit of news said Elesa was still in Nimbasa. So she's either third or still fourth.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
idk I have a feeling the new area is closer to Castelia than after Nimbasa. Shizui only has three, so unless that means Elesa just has Emolga/Zebstrika, but that would leave questions as to what happened to her old Emolga.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm pretty sure Shizui will be the third leader although it's possible he could be the fifth/sixth/seventh... Brycen had 3 Pokémon and he was the 7th leader. With Elesa I'd say she keeps her position at Nimbasa City as the 4th leader as I'd say that the half-way mark for both games (IMO)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Doesn't Shizui have only 2 poke's though?

He has three Pokemon. Which pretty much every Gym after Lenora (2) did in Black and White. We were kinda hoping that we wouldn't follow the same pattern, but it doesn't look like it.

Cheren = 2
Homika = 2
Elesa = ? (2 possible)
Shizui = 3

Years
I'm thinking Elesa will have three even if she is the third gym leader, considering how even Burgh had three. I was hoping they'll have more pokemon than three but it doesn't seem like it now that you guys have pointed that out :(.
Edit: Wait, Elesa can't be the third gym, her badge doesn't match that of the case!

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Shizui would be after Elesa since you have to go through Nimbasa before getting to the new area that he would be in. I think the last bit of news said Elesa was still in Nimbasa. So she's either third or still fourth.
Even if you do reach Nimbasa City first, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be battling the gym there before his. Keep in mind that in earlier games there were similar situations (like RBY with the first gym you see being the last one you challenge).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Don't see Elesa as THAT much of a challenge that you'll need to return to her, however something as a viable reasoning could be that she's on leave to model and will be back later, like touring the country.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2012
Since Cheren, Elesa, Homika and Shizui are confirmed as a gym leader, who do you want to be a gym leader?

Shizui might be the last gym leader because his gym is in Undella Town and the town is the last place that you will go.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Of past characters...?

And is gym isn't necessarily in Undella. ;x Besides, why would the last gym leader have only 3 Pokemon? :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Of past characters...?

And is gym isn't necessarily in Undella. ;x Besides, why would the last gym leader have only 3 Pokemon? :(

Iris/Drayden only had Three Pokemon. If they are still following the same pattern, who is to say that these won't go 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3. We know that the first two Gyms have 2 Pokemon (Cheren and Homika), Elesa had three in B/W, although the trailer only shows two, we can assume she has three placing her fourth+, and Shizui's Gym is in some sort of Port city with a lot of docks, there is only one place like that and that's where Undella bay was.

As for Gym skips, that only happened in Gens 1 and 3 as major story elements with Giovanni and Norman (Giovanni being the leader of Team Rocket and neglecting his Gym leader role, and Norman telling his child that he would not battle them unless they had four badges.) Gen 4's changes. You DO meet Fantina and see her gym in Pearl/Platinum while you don't get to challenge them yet, but in Platinum you challenge her when you get to Hearthome so her Gym placement switched.

If they skip gyms, I don't think it'll be Elesa's gym that gets skipped seeing as she was a highlight to the Trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back