• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Wunk Dump!

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
Thank you so much!

Here's a Gasterrr
HaOVi1E.gif

jKcjNvL.gif

Spoilers?
Just wondering, have you ever tried blender? Might be a bit weird coming from 3ds max, but it has a great render engine, and I personally like it a lot.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Never really dived too deeply into blender but I can program some plugins for after effects that might compensate for any of the short-comings it might have like I kinda do now. Might try it out sometime!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Very impressive! Why did you decide not to shade the character? Just curious. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Flat colors tend to be the art style I get given as ref for the commission and it tends to be the style people want but shaded stuff can be quite fun when I can get the normals/smoothing right! Getting shading to look "good" on 3d and in-motion is a different game of its own when you're also trying to get it to look stylized. A lot of people approach me for the pixel-thin lines and low-ish poly minimal style

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
To learn 3d modeling I started off using a bunch of weird tools like milkshape and stuff back in the days of modding Halo PC hehe but then I started to primarily use 3ds max(or well, gmax which is basically watered down 3ds max) and since then ive been 3ds max all the way through(bit of XSI here and there). A lot of the tutorials I followed back then were related to modeling cliffs and such for Halo but I started to lurk polycount for a really long time and read the wiki and exposed myself to the workflow of others by watching other people's WIP threads and getting pretty technical about 3d art through some low level 3d graphics programming. It's really messy and I kinda just improved my own curriculum but the different environments(modding, gifs, vfx, etc) I put myself in have left their imprint on me for sure! Low poly art is such a good area to practice your 3d modeling skills since it puts your attention at the individual tri/polygon level to make a powerful and efficient shoutout, topology, and having the two complement a UV-texture applied to it, AND having your topology work with any animations it goes through!

This is getting really preachy but if there's any tutorials I could link it would for sure be poopinmymouth's character modeling series!
http://www.poopinmymouth.com/tutorials/

Years
I've been seeing all the cool plugin and programming things you've been doing on twitter, and I'll admit I don't know half of what they do/how they apply, but they look really awesome and I wanted to tell you that. ;w;

Back