• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
When i am at the north pole and gave santa his boot back there is no snowstorm so when i get to the cave there doesn't happen anything
when does a snowstorm come

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
What levels should my pokemon be before doing the last gym. Right now I've got:
Squirtle Level 42
Bulbasaur Level 43
Gengar Level 45
Charizard Level 46
Pidgeot Level 47
Pikachu Level 50
Do I need to get them higher, or are they alright now?
Also, if you're wondering how I have a Gengar, there's a glitch if you've got too many Pokemon so Haunter can't join you. Go back to Haunter with two open slots and go up the right to talk to Haunter. You get a haunter, but you're body is there again too. You can then enter your body again and get a second Haunter.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
i have problem with light camera eposide :( i cant get pikachu to be the star wiglituf wants...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
What levels should my pokemon be before doing the last gym. Right now I've got:
Squirtle Level 42
Bulbasaur Level 43
Gengar Level 45
Charizard Level 46
Pidgeot Level 47
Pikachu Level 50
Do I need to get them higher, or are they alright now?
Also, if you're wondering how I have a Gengar, there's a glitch if you've got too many Pokemon so Haunter can't join you. Go back to Haunter with two open slots and go up the right to talk to Haunter. You get a haunter, but you're body is there again too. You can then enter your body again and get a second Haunter.
Hey, that's a nice finding :D
As for the levels... I think you should be fine... I had my team in the late fifties but I'm crazy because I EV trained Sp.Attack on Exes xD

i have problem with light camera eposide :( i cant get pikachu to be the star wiglituf wants...
You must have only these 3 parameters: Toughness, Cooleness, Smartness. Not any more =)
Tough - Dude in Pewter City. You need 1 Yellow Shard
Cool - Dude in Vermilion City. You need 1 Red Shard
Smart - Dude in Saffron City. You need 1 Blue/Green Shard (It somehow slipped my mind which was the right one... you will see for yourself =D)

When i am at the north pole and gave santa his boot back there is no snowstorm so when i get to the cave there doesn't happen anything
when does a snowstorm come
You should go to the north (eh xD) of the north pole and snowstorm should happen afterwards.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
There still doesn't come a snowstorm, i watched on youtube and i saw that when you climb stairs on the mountain there will be a message what says: 'an intense snowstorm whipped up better take cover' or something like that but when i just walk there at the same point as in the video on youtube than i don't get that same message. do i need an item or something?

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
Found a glitch. At the route 20 farm, if you use the Raft on the river you can't move around on the water, and when you go on land you don't get off of the raft.

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
Hmm, that's wierd. The game says, that i found a Blue shard. But instead, it gives me the green one... Bug of the hack?

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
Hmm, that's wierd. The game says, that i found a Blue shard. But instead, it gives me the green one... Bug of the hack?

Same here. Strange. And I hate that we have to do this episode to continue the storyline. Shards are rare. Hate using cheats..

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
I know that ash doesn't beat I believe Richie is his name in the show in the pokemon league but are we going to be able to I hate having to lose but I do understand if you can't win. Either way I've had a great time with this game keep up the good work.

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
I know that ash doesn't beat I believe Richie is his name in the show in the pokemon league but are we going to be able to I hate having to lose but I do understand if you can't win. Either way I've had a great time with this game keep up the good work.

Imagine if he picked Muk over Charizard. I think we'll be given an opportunity to go all the way like in Ash's Quest, but the battles will get super hard.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You can win first and then lose to see what happens next =)
Just like I did it with Blaine =)

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
i'm still at the north pole. when i saw a video on youtube i saw that you have to walk 2 stairs on the mountain to get the message that there's a snowstorm, but i do that there is no message, now i have walked on every possible spot on the north pole to get that message but it still wasn't there. There just won't come a snowstorm. I have also walked in the cave and in the hole whats in the cave, but still nothing happens.
I know you have to give santa his boot back but after i did that, no snowstorm.
Can anyone help me.
(i last time i saved the game was before i talked to the jynx and lapras(on the beach))

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
i'm still at the north pole. when i saw a video on youtube i saw that you have to walk 2 stairs on the mountain to get the message that there's a snowstorm, but i do that there is no message, now i have walked on every possible spot on the north pole to get that message but it still wasn't there. There just won't come a snowstorm. I have also walked in the cave and in the hole whats in the cave, but still nothing happens.
I know you have to give santa his boot back but after i did that, no snowstorm.
Can anyone help me.
(i last time i saved the game was before i talked to the jynx and lapras(on the beach))

The event is unrelated to any other events in the game. It activates the first time you step on that tile regardless of what happened before. The only reason I can think of as to why it wouldn't would be if you're using an old save file, or maybe if you patched to an older version of the hack instead of to an original Fire Red rom.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
The event is unrelated to any other events in the game. It activates the first time you step on that tile regardless of what happened before. The only reason I can think of as to why it wouldn't would be if you're using an old save file, or maybe if you patched to an older version of the hack instead of to an original Fire Red rom.

But when this new beta (3.03) came out i started over and patched it on a new firered rom, which a downloaded that same evening that i patched it, so it was a complete new rom. And then there was also a new savefile.
So if that's not the reason, does that mean you don't know what's the reason and should i go on to the next event?:( If so, could you tell me what happens exactly in the cave?:) ( i think its the episode snow way out, right)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 6, 2013
hey meta i got a very big problem with the shards
wheni use the pickaxe in the cave it shows me thai found a blue shard but when ilook in my bag i dont have a single blue shard and i found 2 in a row and still having 0 blue shards
then i repatched the game and still i cant have that stupid blue shard

so plz help me ;)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
But when this new beta (3.03) came out i started over and patched it on a new firered rom, which a downloaded that same evening that i patched it, so it was a complete new rom. And then there was also a new savefile.
So if that's not the reason, does that mean you don't know what's the reason and should i go on to the next event?:( If so, could you tell me what happens exactly in the cave?:) ( i think its the episode snow way out, right)

Honestly, I don't know. The only problem could be with the variable I'm using to trigger the event. The event is the same as in previous betas, so what you see in youtube videos is the same thing. Sometime I'll look into it, but right now since it's not important to the gameplay - it's just an extra cutscene.

hey meta i got a very big problem with the shards
wheni use the pickaxe in the cave it shows me thai found a blue shard but when ilook in my bag i dont have a single blue shard and i found 2 in a row and still having 0 blue shards
then i repatched the game and still i cant have that stupid blue shard

so plz help me ;)

It's an error with the script. It will be fixed with the next beta.

Meanwhile, go back to Maiden Peak outside of Saffron City and use your item finder - you should be able to pick up a blue shard there (up north, near the statue of the maiden, but on the beach beneath it) - as long as the hidden item is working properly.

Back