• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
Sure thing buddy! I appreciate the help! I'll create a checkpoint system where every city I complete, (including events) I'll give you a copy to beta test.
Aqualight City will be my first checkpoint
Then Ignite Heights, Pokewood City and so on...

Introducing, "The Elders." (They are magic elders and beta 3 will contain their own sprites)
These men (I won't say how many) are scattered throughout Taejo at different times of the day and week. Some of them may even be disguised as local NPC! Tricky bastards! Some are good and some are evil, it's for you to find out... and they give you an option to do good or bad deeds unto others such as making people disappear, giving people Pokemon as a gift, or even... I won't say, haha. So expect some really wacky events!

Ever recalled speaking to a speechless man...? He's in beta 1!

Also, Repels have been added to Silversky's Pokecenter!

Can you send me the checkpoint please?

Years
View attachment 68788[/ATTACH]EVIL RED HAHAAHAHA(Feel free to use if you want) Also here is another glitch sortaView attachment 68791When you step away from the water you can see your sand footprint on the water

Oh alright, I cant wait to play it. Check these out ------->View attachment 68788[/ATTACH]EVIL RED HAHAAHAHA(Feel free to use if you want) Also here is another glitch sortaView attachment 68791When you step away from the water you can see your sand footprint on the water

Last edited by a moderator:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
View attachment 68788[/ATTACH]EVIL RED HAHAAHAHA(Feel free to use if you want) Also here is another glitch sortaView attachment 68791When you step away from the water you can see your sand footprint on the water

The water thing isn't kind of a glitch. It's just a behavior tile. It does that because that tile has half water and half sand in it and the tile just assumes it's a sand tile. Looks like I changed the behavior tile by accident, so I'll just change it back to that splashing water behavior.

AWESOME. That evil Red can work perfectly with one of the Magic Elders! I'll definetely use it it the near future. Thanks!

Years
The water thing isn't kind of a glitch. It's just a behavior tile. It does that because that tile has half water and half sand in it and the tile just assumes it's a sand tile. Looks like I changed the behavior tile by accident, so I'll just change it back to that splashing water behavior.

AWESOME. That evil Red can work perfectly with one of the Magic Elders! I'll definetely use it it the near future. Thanks!

You're welcome. Also I re-did part of the beta but didnt save cuase I have most of my pokemon at second evolution, anyways If you choose the girl it still asumes you're a boy. You're father and others will say it. You're father"We are proud to have two sons like you two" even tho you pick the girl.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
You're welcome. Also I re-did part of the beta but didnt save cuase I have most of my pokemon at second evolution, anyways If you choose the girl it still asumes you're a boy. You're father and others will say it. You're father"We are proud to have two sons like you two" even tho you pick the girl.

I know, I said that the Oak is 96% percent done because the girl is not part of my plan. The story is about a boy and his younger brother. In beta 2/3 choosing the girl will be disabled.

Years
Awesome dude! This will work wonders! You'll be added to my credit list as a beta tester, title screen maker, and a support banner maker.

Wow, thank you. I also have a SSJ Green that looks awesome that I editted off the origanal Green He looks sick or his name is blue? Idk I forget XD

View attachment 68795Hahahaha XD CX this is a awesome sprite

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Wouldn't it just be easyier to send me checkpoints before you put them on the main page? That way when people play it will be as glitch free as possiable? And Woot on the credits as a beta tester.

Years
Is it possiable for you to make fairy type without removing any types? If so then you could add Slyveon or however you spell it. Also the area of pokemon on the pokedex is Kanto. I might make a evolution guide for you to put up if you would like so people would know what level each pokemon that evolves by trading how they would evolve in this game. I will also record when certain event happen.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Is it possiable for you to make fairy type without removing any types? If so then you could add Slyveon or however you spell it. Also the area of pokemon on the pokedex is Kanto. I might make a evolution guide for you to put up if you would like so people would know what level each pokemon that evolves by trading how they would evolve in this game. I will also record when certain event happen.

The sound of adding another type sounds hard =( There would be no sixth generation Pokemon because the Pokedex is already finalized and it is a pain to change it, even if adding just one Pokemon, or I may do a special event at the very very end of the game where you meet Slyveon or something. If I add sixth generation Pokemon, they'll be ??? in game (won't be a part of the Pokedex) and be referred to as "newly discovered Pokemon," and they'll be super rare. However, if it's an old Pokemon evolving into a sixth generation, then the old Pokemon will just evolve into a "newly discovered Pokemon."

As for the Pokedex, I have not found all of the "Kanto" text strings in the hex editor, so that will be done eventually. I added a To-Do List on the main page, to keep up with the things that needs to be done, besides mapping and scripting.

And the guides sound like a great idea. I haven't finalized evolutions for Pokemon yet because there are going to be a lot of changes in order to give the game a fresher feeling. For instance, Gloom is going to evolve into a cute little Bellossom (now Normal/Grass) with max beauty. It will be able to learn moves like Weather Ball and Rain Dance. Golbat will evolve into Crobat with friendship at night. There will also be new evolution levels for a lot of Pokemon in order to fit Normal version's level curve.

A documentation of when certain events occur would do wonders!

Also, introducing the Breeze Train! It connects the three regions: Seijo, Taejo, and Uiyto before Uiyto got demolished by Frozen and Inferno!
Connects Aqualight City and Starrett City of Taejo and Seijo respectively and here are some more Route 53 pics:

This dude was talking about Cycling Road's elevation and then he started singing, hahaha.

Years
Slyveon would be awesome evolution tho, I'm sure one pokemon can be taken out. Also to make fairy type couldn't you make pokemon have double ice type the change one of them to say fairy and then seperate the script or something allowing you to change the copied ice types propertys alittle? (I say ice type because ice seems to resemble fairy somewhat)also I'm pretty sure you can change the ????? Into the actual name. Newly discoverd specis imo makes it sound even more awesome.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Slyveon would be awesome evolution tho, I'm sure one pokemon can be taken out. Also to make fairy type couldn't you make pokemon have double ice type the change one of them to say fairy and then seperate the script or something allowing you to change the copied ice types propertys alittle? (I say ice type because ice seems to resemble fairy somewhat)also I'm pretty sure you can change the ????? Into the actual name. Newly discoverd specis imo makes it sound even more awesome.

I meant ??? as in the Pokedex number. I can technically add more Pokemon past 323, they'll just be ??? which would work nicely since they are newly discovered Pokemon. Slyveon would make a great "newly discovered Pokemon," event Pokemon at the near end of the game. Making Eevee evolve into it during the early parts of the game wouldn't work well for me. I'm pretty sure adding a new type isn't as easy as it seems. It requires ASM/editing routines which is not that simple, but I do remember reading a thread about the ??? type, but I forgot exactly what can be done with it. I'll look it up again.

Years
Curse was a ??? Type, I belive unidentified gastly is too. I do know it is possiable to make fairy type but its probally hard. But if you do manage to do it, this game will be the first to have fairy type acreus (if you add arceus) XD

Back