• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation _ Pokémon Only

smocks

fiat lux
Years
Generation _ Pok?mon Only

If you go back to replay to older games, such as HGSS, they only included pok?mon from the first couple of generations because those were the only pok?mon available. Nowadays, ROM hackers recreate such past games to include pok?mon from the most recent generations. While on the other hand some people think there's way too many pok?mon and believe pok?mon from certain generations are better than other generations.

If you had to create a game with including certain generations of pok?mon, what generations would you choose? Why so? Would you include certain lines or legendaries? What would they be?

For me, I would choose just pok?mon from generations 1-4 even though I adore some of the newest pok?mon. All of the pok?mon within those generations have this simplistic balance which made each line and legendary a bit more special imo.

Years
A region would just Gen III - IV Pokemon, including legendaries. It's an unorthodox combination, but I think it'll be interesting.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I would like to see what the original Johto Pok?mon could do alone without having to be mixed in with the Kanto mons - even if it was the intention when Johto was designed and make sense geographically, the dexes being mixed I think is done to the detriment of many cool and underappreciated Johto Pok?mon.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I would like to see what the original Johto Pok?mon could do alone without having to be mixed in with the Kanto mons - even if it was the intention when Johto was designed and make sense geographically, the dexes being mixed I think is done to the detriment of many cool and underappreciated Johto Pok?mon.

A romhack of GSC or HGSS with just the 100 gen 2 Pokemon and/or their gen 1 relatives would be interesting. Although having just the 100 gen 2 pokemon alone would leave baby Pokemon pointless

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Just leaving out the original 150 would be interesting given how prevalent they still are. A slightly different Johto thing would be solo Johto dex but with the baby Pok?mon slots removed and replaced with Pok?mon from later generations.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Just leaving out the original 150 would be interesting given how prevalent they still are. A slightly different Johto thing would be solo Johto dex but with the baby Pok?mon slots removed and replaced with Pok?mon from later generations.

Understand the baby Pokemon, but what about Pokemon like Scizor? Are they caught in the wild now?

Back