• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Plot Bunny Thread

Is Fire Emblem: Conjoinst Souls something that you'd be interested in reading?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Razgrey

Excalibur
Years
Though i'm not asking about an idea I had, this is the only place I could ask this question because I don't want to ask on my own fanfic.
Though I did try asking somewhere else and I got no response.

I got a story about a Pokemon world(which has nothing to do with Mystery Dungeon, i'll have you know) and I can't think of a good pokemon that would be a sheriff.
He'd be like the type of sheriff that would sit in a rocking chair and play sudoku and help people when the mayor's out.

Bay

Years
I got a story about a Pokemon world(which has nothing to do with Mystery Dungeon, i'll have you know) and I can't think of a good pokemon that would be a sheriff.
He'd be like the type of sheriff that would sit in a rocking chair and play sudoku and help people when the mayor's out.

Hm, maybe a Psychic type since they tend to be the most intelligent Pokemon types and likely to play sudoku. For some reason, Slowking is the first to pop up haha.

Vragon

Though i'm not asking about an idea I had, this is the only place I could ask this question because I don't want to ask on my own fanfic.
Though I did try asking somewhere else and I got no response.

My suggestions would be a bipedal Pokémon considering the descriptive activities he does you supplied. My thoughts would be: Smeargle (is often underrated plus has uniqueness with his "sketch" to "Draw" the opponents moves, ignore pun.), Gengar (for that smile and I could see him in a hat), a bipedal rock, ground, or steel type, (like an Aagron, tyranitar, Garchomp, of Flygon), or maybe your basic Amphoros (nostalgia).

But yeah, with what your intend to use him for, I would advice choosing a mon that reflects or can reflect the persona and play it well. Or in other words, a mon that could play the character and make it work.

Bay

Years
Why am I amused this resistance is started by Celebi? The resistance's symbol can be that Pokemon too. Via la Revolution!

In all seriousness though, sounds like this could make for a very fun thriller/suspense story. Only thing is I would be careful with The Spymaster borrowing Nazi philosophy since it's a touchy subject. For instance, Marvel has been getting heat for their latest Hydra stuff. Otherwise, I would say go for it!

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
I haven't posted in this particular thread before but here goes. (And sorry for not giving input)

So a while ago, I wrote this short;

(Mention of death, poisoning)
Spoiler:

And I thought about making a story out of it. My basic what if question was "What if clocks told people how long they had to live?"

I was thinking of a survival game type story. Originally I was going to twist it into a Pokèmon fanfic, but I'm not sure how well I could write Pokèmon. I've done it once on another forum and it was terrible. Admittedly I was way young, but still.

Either way, my question becomes do you think this is a good idea? Should I try for Pokèmon? Or do you think it would be better as an original story?

Bay

Years
I do like that short and I think the concept would make for a great survival game. As for whether you want it to be Pokemon or not, it depends. You think you'll need some stuff from Pokemon canon (setting, characters, items, etc) to make your plot work? For instance, a bit cliche but you can perhaps involve Dialga/Celebi in your story since you have this clock theme going on. Or maybe you're interested in a Pokemon character (or Pokemon characters) in that situation to see how they'll react? Perhaps you rather not restrict yourself to Pokemon canon and just go with your own setting/our real world setting? You can go either way to be honest.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
Well, since clocks are involved I thought that the XTransceiver would be perfect. My first thought was for Sliph Co to be behind it, I just need a reasonable explanation. I.E. Something like testing the boundaries of the human psyche or something. If I did go with own world, my problem would be building said world. I'm not the best at world building. In all honesty, I thought about making it an OT Fanfic, but I don't know if I should. And I don't want to try using canon characters, only because I'm not familiar with their personalities.

Bay

Years
Ah, ok. To be honest, the Xtransceiver didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it, but that could work along with the testing the human psyche reason there. I think your idea could work as an OT fic, too.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I don't know if this has been done before, but I've been thinking about a short story dealing with the ghost of marowak and how it's possible that it could have defeated red and taken over his body, turning a somewhat carefree journeyed into a ruthless battling veteran bent on crushing team rocket and becoming stronger until he's become out of control and secluded himself before finally being defeated on mt silver, putting both Pokemon and trainer to rest.

Bay

Years
Even if that idea has been done to death (I'm not sure myself since I don't go my way trying to find fics with that idea), I think you should still for it! Could be interesting if you're able to have some morality conflict between Red and the Marowak, like Red aware he's being cursed but then it's harder for him to resist it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Yeah I'd been thinking about having a lot of inner conflict with Red & his Pokemon versus Marowak since they would likely sense a change in their trainers character and try to help him out. I'm just not sure that it would be completely believable to have the Marowak possessing Red to also leech out into the Pokemon he's in control of? If it is, then that would mean the story could become a lot more interesting for more than a couple of chapters.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
This is exactly what I was looking for.

I have been planning a pokemon comic based on the pokemon sun and moon game, and I really need some feedback/suggestions.

So far I have decided to have the story revolve around Sun (the female MC) and Moon (the male MC). In my story I wanted them to be twins that had moved from Pallet Town in Kanto to Alola.

I was thinking about how I wanted the story to proceed, and came up with some ideas I had, and some things I could not figure out I would fit in. I really want some suggestions and feedback on some of my ideas.

1. When moving to Alola, should the family take a boat or a plane?

I am leaning more towards a boat, seeing as how their are piers everywhere, though I am not entirely sure.

2. I mentioned that I wanted the family to originally be from Pallet town.

That way near the end of the story they would be able to actually see their town's legends, Red and Blue. I would also have them go through parts of the Kanto region to go to Vermillion city, where they would catch their boat/plane (1). That way, as they go through the region I would show some of the original forms of pokemon with alolan forms before seeing the alolan forms later on.

3. I have two story ideas, I want to stick close to the actual game's story but still want some independance:

Idea 1- The characters travel together, but still do their own things. For the 2nd island they might split up and do the trials opposite of each other, then they meet up after finishing their first one on that island, either before or after their 2nd one on that island, I would have them battle.

Idea 2- On the boat/plane(1) 2 wormholes open up and suck each of them into them. They end up both on the island, but in 2 different time zones. They go on basically the same journey. I am still not sure how Hau would fit into this idea, he would probably get the opposite pokemon of the main character in that time zone. I also am afraid this would get very repetitive. I am not sure how I would show both of their journeys without it feeling like the same exact thing, with a different character.

I really like idea 2 since the whole wormhole thing would fit in more with the story of the game, but I feel like the first idea would be more practical and the characters would actually be able to communicate with each other.

4. I really want team skull to be the same as in the game, but if I do idea 1 (3) I'm not sure how I would be able to have both main characters fight them at the same time. I was thinking of having Guzma and Plumeria in all of the scene that only one of them was in the game, that was both the main characters could fight at the same time without having to always use double battles.

5. If I did idea 1 (3) I was thinking of having Sun be an early bird, and moon being a night owl, that way the world could still take place during the day and night, but the characters would still be able to interact with each other.

6. Should I stick with the original clothes and hairstyles? There are clothing stores and salons throught the region, and it would be interesting to mess with their looks throughout the story, but it could also be hard to tell which character is which for a reader.

7. final team ideas in order obtained

Sun:
1. rowlet
2. pichu
3. rockruff (midday)
4. eevee (espeon)
5. jangmo-o
6. Solgaleo

Moon:

1. litten
2. alolan meowth
3. rockruff (midnight)
4. eevee (umbreon)
5. bounsweet (trade lillipup)
6. lunala

What are your thoughts on the teams? I want only pokemon obtainable in Alola, and I really want rockruff with the different forms (it's my favorite pokemon in this gen).

I wanted them to have one alolan form each, I am not set on them but I wanted a pokemon to be available for the characters 2nd pokemon.

I also wanted them to end up getting the legendaries, though I am not sure how I would make it so both would exist in the same universe(maybe Aether was able to clone cosmog)

I really don't want to do eevee, but only put it since it is an egg you get in the game. I might have the eggs be different for the main characters, maybe a mareani for Sun, and a female salandit for Moon.

Lastly, I wanted them to have 1 new 3 form pokemon each.

No trade evolutions, or trading pokemon other than ones in the story.

Sorry for it being so long, just had a lot of thoughts and no one to share them with.

If anyone has any questions, feedback, or suggestions, please let me know. (I have the first chapter written, if anyone is interested. It's not that good, but it's a start).

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I can try my best to offer some advice.

1.) I'd say to go with a boat. Only because Alola is a region where all the traveling is done via boat.

3.) While I too like the idea of using the wormholes (and especially since it would tie in the time difference that was in the games themselves), I can't really think of a way where you could tell the same story twice and have it be interesting. And I think the novelty of having the two characters being separated would wear off after a while. If they were kept in the same time zone, then you could have the extra worry of "this is my twin I must keep them safe" sort of thing.

4.) Do the characters have to fight Team Skull at the same time? Why not just have them trade off, or come up with a story reason each chapter on why only one can fight at a time. Like if one character's team of Pokemon are all tired, then the other could step in and fight. Or maybe Sun just wants to show that she can handle herself in battle if she had a rough time earlier in the chapter.

5.) That sounds fine. Though it might be a little more hilarious if Sun was the one that preferred the night and Moon liked the day.

6.) Depending on your art, it might be fine to have the characters change the way that they look, and the readers can still tell them apart.

I don't have much of an opinion on their teams. Hopefully this helped you out a little bit! Good luck with your comic!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I've got a few ideas for novelettes/novellas/maybe novels, I just don't know which to tackle first.

1. A superhero story which centers around a militaristic school sort of like my hero academy. All the current heroes/villains are descendant from a small group of 20 who split roughly in half, forming their own countries of Xouge and Brioge. The potency of the characters' powers would be based on their popularity with the people of their country.

2. There's the Demon Queen series I should hit up again eventually since I only have like, one or two posts in it on here.

3. My old series Dreams of a Peasant needs a reboot at some point since I have a better idea of what I want out of it and have progressed a bit as a writer.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Have a new idea for a story of forbidden love set in the Hoenn region.
It's basically a take on Romeo & Juliet featuring a son of Maxie and a daughter of Archie. Will be set in the ORAS universe.

Marcos and Athena are possible names for the two lovers.

Wawi2018

LananishWawi
Years
Pokémon Origins 2

Alola guys! I'm a new writer in here and my first fanfiction is going to be the sequel of the famous series: Pokémon Origins. My chapters would be relatively small, So small for some. But please understand my situation as I'm struck in my android and couldn't get a mobile. My android has a too low character limit. So when I post, I may split the chapter into Part - I and II, posting it in the same time sometimes. Now, Read the summary and review my idea!

[|Summary|]

Following the adventures of the legendary trainer Red, Gold, A young 10-year old boy sets off in his own journey after receiving his first Pokémon from Professor Elm. He is flooded with errands, rivalries and challenges. Along with the uprising of the defeated evil organization, Will he be able to succeed in his journey to the Pokémon League? Or will he face the fate like many youngsters out there?

Bay

Years
[|Summary|]

Following the adventures of the legendary trainer Red, Gold, A young 10-year old boy sets off in his own journey after receiving his first Pokémon from Professor Elm. He is flooded with errands, rivalries and challenges. Along with the uprising of the defeated evil organization, Will he be able to succeed in his journey to the Pokémon League? Or will he face the fate like many youngsters out there?

All right, to be honest this summary is pretty much Gold/Silver/Crystal/HG/SS storyline in its most basic form. As I mentioned in the other thread, while a retelling of the games isn't a bad thing there are readers that will expect you to come up with some twists. I can understand if you're still in the planning stages or don't want to say anything else about the plot yet, but something to think about.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 19, 2019
Okay, so I'm gonna delve into a difficult and uncomfortable topic to talk about, so I'll have everything in spoilers for those who don't want to read it. Honestly not sure where else to put it. Whoever wants to help me out with this topic, just hit me up with a PM and I'll oblige the best I can.

Spoiler:

Verseity

Mykea
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 20, 2018
I was thinking of writing a Boku No Hero Academia cross-over with Pokemon. Not an exact cross-over, where the characters from the original series show up in the Pokemon anime, but where people in the Pokemon World are born with Quirks, and there are notable Hero's (like members of the Elite Four) whom Ash looks up to. Instead of being a Pokemon Master, Ash wishes to be a Hero, like his idol, Lance who teaches at a one of the worlds' best Hero-ing Academy's.

So sort of like Boku no Hero. Maybe a few cameos from the Bnha cannon characters, but really, most of them are pokemon characters with their own original Quirks and they use their pokemon to help them with their hero-work. Each aspiring hero who tries to get into an academy, or signs up for a hero-related course, gets a Pokemon. It's a must because of how dangerous the world is now - that everyone -must be - assigned with a pokemon for protection, if they don't have the money to own one, the government will assign one for free of charge or at a cheaper fare.

I was also going to mention - Ash is Quirkless. No. he doesn't go the Izuku route and get a Quirk like All For One. He's actually, really Quirkless. He's someone who trains -himself- and his -pokemon- to be the best he can be. But it mostly focuses on his own physical training, in order to become a Hero instead of a Pokemon Master. Also, comic-book references from Marvel & DC will be added for flavor.

This is a big project. It will have OCs, hopefully that others will submit and I will be allowed to use. Most of them will be cannon-characters from the main series, maybe characters-of-the-day or something, other than that, I hope to only use pokemon-based characters rather than others from other series, if not, i'll mention which ones they're from when using them.

-Everyone has a pokemon- Whether or not Ash has Pikachu as his starter, that's still something i haven't decided yet. I'm still in early development in this fic, and I would like your opinions on the matter. Thanks - Verse.

Back