• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Super.Goomba

Manga=√ Anime=X
Years
Um... I was hoping to patch the new version, but I would rather not restart the game. My current version is... let me check... I have no idea, but I do know that in that version, there are a bunch of trees blocking the surf area to Kanto, and currently I am completing side quests that easiest to complete when one has defeated Gym Leaders Chuck and Jasmine. If I just patch the .IPS to the old ROM, will I miss out on anything cool?

supposed to have mewtwo

when will it have it

I don't think that means will appear there later. I'm no expert, as I have not reached that section of the game, but I think the sign is there because, in area normally (as in, Firered, the game this hack is erm... hacked from), you enter the cave and battle Mewtwo, which does not happen in GSC. My gues is that he has not yet removed that cave so, he instead puts a big boulder in front of the cave.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZBDP

1st-2nd Generation Pokemon Fan
Years
THIS IS THE BEST POKEMON HACK EVARR!!!!! LOL

Question:Are u gonna add a script for Pokemon Trainer Red? Sorry, but in the original, he was the only CHALLENGING trainer in the whole game!

So, are you going to add a script for him? plz reply as soon as you can.

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
THIS IS THE BEST POKEMON HACK EVARR!!!!! LOL

Question:Are u gonna add a script for Pokemon Trainer Red? Sorry, but in the original, he was the only CHALLENGING trainer in the whole game!

So, are you going to add a script for him? plz reply as soon as you can.

Yes, Zel is adding new things but he's not taking away anything that was in the original Gold/Silver except old Dungeon maps... Oh, and the Pokegear, and the day and night functions... And the... Actually... I was going to go on and list loads of things fro a joke but... I think Zel's got pretty much everything... Headbutt... Whirlpool... Red Gyrados... Hmm... Wow, this hack rocks!

Um... I was hoping to patch the new version, but I would rather not restart the game. My current version is... let me check... I have no idea, but I do know that in that version, there are a bunch of trees blocking the surf area to Kanto, and currently I am completing side quests that easiest to complete when one has defeated Gym Leaders Chuck and Jasmine. If I just patch the .IPS to the old ROM, will I miss out on anything cool?

I don't think that means will appear there later. I'm no expert, as I have not reached that section of the game, but I think the sign is there because, in area normally (as in, Firered, the game this hack is erm... hacked from), you enter the cave and battle Mewtwo, which does not happen in GSC. My gues is that he has not yet removed that cave so, he instead puts a big boulder in front of the cave.

I'm not sure whether you've got it right or not (I can't quite understand) , but just to make it a little clearer, the game will eventually have ALL legendary pokemon including Mewtwo, but as Zel said in an earlier post "Mewtwo's too awesome to put in this Beta!" or something along those lines anyway... So, he's just put the boulder to TEMPORARILY stop you from getting into the cave, instead of just emoving the entrance and warp event.

On the subject of obtaining every pokemon without trading, have you (Question intended at Zel) considered a way of getting the other two Johto starters, for example if I were to pick Totodile (Totodile ftw!) could I obtain Chikorita/Cyndaquil?

Super.Goomba

Manga=√ Anime=X
Years
I'm not sure whether you've got it right or not (I can't quite understand) , but just to make it a little clearer, the game will eventually have ALL legendary pokemon including Mewtwo, but as Zel said in an earlier post "Mewtwo's too awesome to put in this Beta!" or something along those lines anyway... So, he's just put the boulder to TEMPORARILY stop you from getting into the cave, instead of just emoving the entrance and warp event.

Oh, ok! Cool! Unfortunatly, that doesn't answer my question about the Patching...

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
I found a glitch in the game. when i traded bellsprout for onix, it traded my cyndaquil. WTF>

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
Years
This hack is coming along really nicely. The tiles are brilliant, The extra events are great and fun, not to mention it has been incoporated into the orginal Gold storyline very well.

Keep it up zel, this is awesome~

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2008
hey zel is there ever going to be another big battle with carlos (*SPOLIERS the one after beating lance where the necron battle song plays)

P.S. do you know who did the midi for that song i want to ask him/her something

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2008
Help!!!!!

i just beat shiny gold and when i want to continue i cant i saved when i got in the inductee after the credits it takes me back to the beginning.
(BTW i have version 5)

Ningamer

Mine is mine, yours is too!
Years
Is there any chance that, once you are happy with everything about the whole game, you could put hoenn in? Or would that be impossible as it would make the ROM too big and it would completely corrupt?

Nice work so far! Keep it up!

^_^ my first post ^_^

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2008
Originally posted by Ningamer
Is there any chance that, once you are happy with everything about the whole game, you could put hoenn in? Or would that be impossible as it would make the ROM too big and it would completely corrupt?
yeah adding hoenn in the game would be cool

and I am interested in another thing the second big rock in the dragon's den dose it have anything to do with lance being the dragon master and it says that legendary dragon pokemon is on the mountain is it rayquaza or something else

Ningamer

Years
Bug report: The bug catcher just before Violet City. His name when I battled him was 2TRAINER/1 for the whole battle.
o_0 weird

And who is Carlos?!?! Is he one of the extra additions that you mentioned? Certainly made Violet gym a lot harder ¬_¬

I don't like the new music. It sounds like it keeps crackling. I prefer the old music. Couldn't you have taken the island 4 music for cherrygrove?

Last edited:

Ningamer

Years
i just beat shiny gold and when i want to continue i cant i saved when i got in the inductee after the credits it takes me back to the beginning.
(BTW i have version 5)
You've probably lost your saves. Next time you play, In the emulator go to:
Options->Emulator->Save Type and click Flash 128K. That way it will save normally. This may be due to the sizo of the game and how much it has to save: Pokemon, Pokedex, NPCs, events, player coordinates etc. Basically it's a huge save file and needs more memory.

@ Dark Lakitu: Zel has a copy of gold so there's no reason why he cant change the name.

Edit: O noes! I can't save! I keep getting save error. Yes, It's on Flash 128K. 'Please exchange the backup memory'. I'm using save states for now.

Last edited:
Back