• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Gen 4 Pokemon

Years
I love Eevee's evolutions, and Piplup's and Turtwig's lines. But if I'd pick the favorites, it would be Arceus and Giratina.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
I am in love with Infernape. Don't worry, it's nothing pokemon X human crap. Just the way you love your pets.🐶
It has been my starter in all the Sinnoh games I've ever played. Trying out a different one never crossed my mind.
In the anime, I admire Ash's Infernape becuase he looks like Sun Wukong from the Journey to the West legend or maybe even a bit like Goku, when he had a tail (i think?). In the anime as a Chimchar he didn't have a great start in life whatsoever especially his time as Paul's Pokemon, the poor little guy was traumatized by Paul and even from his teammates. When Chimchar lost in a tournament Paul released him still injured but Ash stepped in and took Chimchar as his new Pokemon. Ash really did take the time, paitence and understanding for Chimchar, Chimchar worked hard to control his awesome powers as well as his dark side, evoled into Monferno then finally Infernape.Infernape became Ash's powerhouse and loyal true friend. I would like an Infernape to be my Pokemon friend too, if I someday end up in the Pokemon universe, that is!

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
There's a few. This prrletty much goes for their Pre evolutions as well..

Torterra
Infernape
Staraptor
Luxray
Mismagius
Togekiss
Tangrowth
Gallade
Gliscor
Mamoswine
Porygon - Z
Lopunny
Lucario
Azelf
Palkia
Giratina
Regigigas
Manaphy
Arceus

Years
My favourite(s) are easily the Lake Guardians. All the legendary trios before them were of the rough and rugged sort (Birds, Dogs, Golems). The Lake Guardians were the first "majestic" legendary trio and I've always thought they were among the best legendary trio out there.

SOH972

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2017
dunno, there are a lot of cool pokemons in sinnoh. But some of my favorites are:
-Torterra
-Infernape
-Staraptor
-Lucario
-Magmortar

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So far in my game, I have to say Gastrodon is a pleasant surprise. Mostly, this type combo is always great, but already when I caught it on Lv 12 or so, Shellos had good moves (Water Pulse, Mud Bomb) that were useful.

I also always really liked Monferno and Infernape c: And Weavile ofc!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I'll just go with my favorites.

Garchomp is my number one in Gen IV and my favorite Dragon-type. Its got a great design and will absolutely wreck you in battle as long as it can avoid Ice-type moves.

Luxray is an absolute beast of an attacker and looks like one you don't want to mess with. If only it were a Dark-type like it should be to take advantage of STAB Crunch...

Staraptor is my favorite of the Normal/Flying-types out there. Having Close Combat with that large Attack stat is devastating.

As far as evolutions from previous generations go, Gliscor and Gallade are my favorites. They both have awesome designs, good movepools and can deal a good bit of damage.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 8, 2017
Shaymin because it's so darn cute..

Vespiquen because, well, she's a queen bee! How awesome is that?

Togekiss, because the Togepi line as a whole just rocks.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Infernape hands down will be my favorite Gen IV pokemon.

Gliscor coming in on a close second though.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Darkrai is my favorite gen 4 Pokemon and my favorite legendary. <3 I think he's really cool! I'll always remember going to Gamestop when I was 14 to get my event Darkrai.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 24, 2023
As a kid who grew up without an action replay... Arceus was my goal...

I got Darkari and Shaymin with Japanese glitch.. but never arceus.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Sinnoh was the height and almost the end of my pokemon days, but I have many pokemon from it that I love. This was probably due to the fact that Sinnoh Saga lasted so long... I think it lasted for like 5 years.

Similar to my other post about Alolan Pokemon, I will do this here as well.

Loves:
Spoiler:

Honestly, I loved most of the pokemon in Sinnoh. If they aren't listed, then they just aren't as memorable or I didn't start liking them till later on. However, there are a few that I just can't stand.

Magmortar - I have never liked any of the designs in Magmar's line. Magmortar just took the ugliness and made it worse.

Spiritomb - I was never a fan of the design and I could never figure out how to catch the pokemon.

Bronzong line - Again... this pokemon was pure uglyness to me. I like Purugly more, and that isn't a good thing... At least the point of Purugly being ugly was justified in the name

Cherrim - Ok. I love Cherrim, but the design in the game annoys me. It looks amazing when Sunny Day is active, but that's the problem and I really think it is an extremely dumb problem. More than half the time, Cherrim is in its Overcast form which doesn't even look like a pokemon. I don't understand why Sunny Day must be active in order for it to be in its true form and that has always annoyed me. Cherrim's Sunny Day form should always be active as long as it is day time and not raining or snowing.

Back