• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I... really won't bother playing any of those videos >__>

Anyways, couldn't find "Day inside may" in the SPPF Archives. Damnit.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Jorah said:
Another site is complaining about how they complained to Serebii about the fanfic...others are people talking about how you should never read it...omg...

Wow if it's that bad, the why wasn't Scott excommunicated or something?

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019

I believe Cybercubed is a pretty old prune and veteran and important element in the communities of SPP and BMG. I think he puts a lot of the old prunes here to shame XD. And I do recall him being a very hardcore Advanceshipper, too bad (or good) I never made contact with him. If I had made some different choices, we might have spoiled our minds with "A day inside may" Already! >__>

That's it, I'm gonna try to contact him, see if he still has something.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm so afraid of the outcome. D:

Hey, hey, Regeneration and I were talking over in that New Year's thread and we think that Shippings should have its own sub-forum... do you guys agree?

(Conversation started somewhere on this page, if you care.)

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Oh, I absolutely love AMVs made with Sony Vegas and the like. I think the second one looks like they're just getting into it or something, though. Or maybe the others I've seen made with it are just more professional XD

I think it was decided a while ago that a shipping subforum wouldn't have enough activity.

OK, ShinyMeowth very kindly gave me the link. I read the first chapter. I think Jo-Jo's criticisms of the first chapter are pretty accurate...but I even feel uncomfortable posting her review here. o_O Just...o______O All I can say is that saying "May is a 10 year old who looks like a teen" over and over does not make things any better. o_______O If anything, makes you feel more uncomfortable, you could've just set this when they were older o___O And May would have to wear a bra, lol fail, Scott. However, the fanfic I read about Dento and his bro's was worse.

Because one of the fanfic mods actually approved it to be posted o_O. He actually says about that at the top of the page, not to ban him or anything because it was approved o_O Haha

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
It does sound like a good idea, but I it could just end up being as dead as the Episode discussion fourms, the anime section doesn't even have the activity to keep it active - Im not too sure a subfourm would boost activity either, most people join here for ROM's etc.

I guess we could try it out, try asking Kirbychu and see what he thinks.

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Besides the fact that it is implied that Ash and May were 10 when they did this...

My nostalgic Advanceshipper side had a blast ^__^

Years
Ash and Misty are an item, it's a dead cert. There are so many hints in the original series that they are attracted to each other.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
So many hints, eh? I'm sure they're all dub-induced hints. AAML was never intended by the original creators.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
So many hints, eh? I'm sure they're all dub-induced hints. AAML was never intended by the original creators.
You don't know that. Not all the hints were dubbed. Take a look at this article:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shipping:PokéShipping

Anyway, I don't think any pair is ever intended by the writers.

There is strong evidence showing that the anime could make characters couples though. Like Norman and his wife, and theres that couple with the nidoking and nidoqueen/

Years

You don't know that. Not all the hints were dubbed. Take a look at this article:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shipping:PokéShipping

Anyway, I don't think any pair is ever intended by the writers.

There is strong evidence showing that the anime could make characters couples though. Like Norman and his wife, and theres that couple with the nidoking and nidoqueen/

That article is quite interesting, I definitely think that AAML is true.

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Oh yes. No denying Misty has the hots for Ash. But "half" isn't good enough in the world of shipping :( It's either all or nothing.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
Anyone remembers this?
But I don't remember whether this was the doing of the dubbing maniacs. :P

Unfortunately, yeah, it was. But also (I didn't realize until someone said it in the comments) it was supposed to mean Misty realized some day they'd be married, like older, in that stage of life-- not necessarily to each other (though she was probably thinking that). Like saying "Someday we'll have a significant other." But obviously it was supposed to sound like a double meaning, one that Ash immediately heard the AAML version of.

However, I heard that in Japan, the dialogue had nothing to do with Ash and Misty and marriage. Maybe marriage, but without that wordplay and Pokeshipping.

Last edited:

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years

Commanderpigg uploaded this awsome video yesterday:
Spoiler:

Oh, lol. I found out about this by looking at the stats in my video. Pleasantly surprised and very flattered, so thank you XD

Oh, and I saw that people were talking about "A Day Inside May" a few pages back...I have the link to it. It's really...REALLY bad though. Just a fair warning, that NC-17 rating is there for a reason XD

But I can't post it because I don't have enough posts. Darn...

In regards to AAML, I think that at the beginning, the writers didn't really know what direction to take with the anime, so they haphazardly added in a love interest for Ash to see if it would go anywhere...13 years later and Ash still has the sex drive of a rock XD

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years

xD - This is a kids show remember.

Well, what I mas meaning to convey was that he's very uninterested in love. I'm totally okay with it though, he is just 10 after all but surely, Dento will educate him in the ways of amour~

Oh, that AMV was lovely! I liked the Dento part in the end. If we're sharing AMVs, I'm a huge addict, so let's have 'em, lol

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Well, what I mas meaning to convey was that he's very uninterested in love. I'm totally okay with it though, he is just 10 after all but surely, Dento will educate him in the ways of amour~
I was just messin'
Oh, that AMV was lovely! I liked the Dento part in the end. If we're sharing AMVs, I'm a huge addict, so let's have 'em, lol
Heh, same here.

Since we were talking about Pokéshipping, about about this vid I made a few months ago:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back