• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Region Name Speculation v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
If they do something like that, I wouldn't mind the option for an oracle of ages/seasons style deal. You can still go to the new region, but if you start off with someone else save for it, you get a new game plus sorta deal. You can find their captured Pokemon in the wild, perhaps have gym and Elite 4 team records, and hell perhaps even all their items. I can see it working for some reason.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm XY sounds better but a little too complicated of a name. X OR Y on the other hand has mystery to it imo.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really don't like the ideas of having Region X and Region Y. It doesn't sound mysterious to me, it just sounds silly to me. I don't think that Game Freak is going to make some giant twist and make two separate regions for honestly no reason. All Pokémon has ever been known for is having region exclusives between two games that have the same region. I don't see that changing any time soon.

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I'd think it'd be somethin like Enoshi or somethin because "Fancy" in Japanese is Fanshi and Europe and Union...Paris/France is kinda fancy and so are other places in Europe I guess...so yea En-oh-SHE ...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It'd only slightly alter, really. And if it's X and Y, I certainly would want to find out why it's only one or two letters for the name of a WHOLE REGION tbh -making it mysterious. :x

Guy

just a guy
Years
To name the region after the title of the actual games seems a bit bland if you ask me. There's little to no effort put into it at all if they did that. In my opinion, they've barely begun to scratch the surface as far as region names go, so I don't actually think they'd go the "X" or "Y" route as an actual name.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If not... maybe the Alter region? It would come from "Altered" as in altered DNA, and it legit seems like a name for a region - and has the length of most of the others!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm it'd probably be more like Acidia, than Acedia, because I'd pronounce it like A-seed-ear, which'd make less sense if it were related to that. :x

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I was thinking of the lines of Alternia coz it does have a nice ring to it and yeah what Nica said, it comes from altered and stuff... Or maybe because I just read too many Homestuck ::::/

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
DIE MAGMARUBY AND AQUASAPPHIRE

Repurance just sounds...not region-like to me? I don't know. But then again I don't have any other better ideas.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
''ein'' is also a german word so that would make sense too but i think it is going to be ernon
becuase ''er'' is from europe and ''non'' is a french word i would rather like ''gernon'' couse it has germany in it too and you prenounce it as churr-no

what about xemyr? pronounciation zeh-mirr

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Maybe it will be called Franceland?
Pardon Kanto, I don't think the region name will be so obvious as to what location it will be based off of. GameFreak seems to be a bit more creative with their region names ever since after Kanto.

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Anoter idea...

Eusuko (yoo-SOO-koh)

Europe and Utsukyu (Beatiful in Japanese)

So...beautiful Europe?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Anoter idea...

Eusuko (yoo-SOO-koh)

Europe and Utsukyu (Beatiful in Japanese)

So...beautiful Europe?

That's a really pretty name! It'd also tie in where Pokemon was born to where Pokemon is now. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back