• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"For Karpman and, to an extent, Spino"

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
[14:56]Caelum k
[14:56]Caelum post an RMT

[14:58]Phoenix_Wright and when you're still not good, then it's actually better to post one
[14:58]Phoenix_Wright you'll see suggestions
[14:58]Phoenix_Wright you change your team
[14:58]Phoenix_Wright you realize why it's better
[14:58]Phoenix_Wright you take not of that
[14:58]Phoenix_Wright and you get better
[14:58]Phoenix_Wright note*
This team is appropriately named "scrafty pls win" for being built around Scrafty on the first place. But after a while and a lot of changing, I don't even know if Scrafty even fits in the team anymore. ):

248.gif

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower

Tyranitar has been recently added to check Lati@s. I'm using the specially defensive set, but if there are any other sets that I can use, then please feel free to suggest!

485.gif

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

I used to have Dragon Pulse over Taunt for whatever reason that got over me. But Dragon Pulse worked well sometimes. And, we all know what this bad boy can do. Not only that, but it also attracts Water-type attacks! A very good thing for Gastrodon!

579.gif

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

This team doesn't fare well against stall, and I've heard Reuniclus helps stop stall. Oh it stops stall alright, but sooner or later it'd be dead anyways. Although, I just noticed it has Life Orb. Should I continue using it?

423.gif

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

I was astounded when I heard that there's a new bulky water in town, and it was Gastrodon. I just love what Storm Drain does, especially to those Rotom-W who try and stops Heatran most of the time. ):
I'm thinking of replacing Gastrodon to a physically defensive Quagsire, since I have too much special tanks. But I don't think that's a good idea. Thoughts?

462.gif

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SDef / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Charge Beam

I think I added Magnezone because of Forretress and Ferrothorn. I can't remember. But this lad is so good, it kills them Steel-types so much! Except for Scizor who has U-Turn, or Forretress who has Volt Switch. I can't remember if Forretress will even survive a hit from Magnezone though.

560.gif

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Dragon Dance over Bulk Up because I wanted more power. Although, I might consider using Bulk Up if you guys convince me what's better. I've cleaned up opponents just with this baby.

So rate, hate, steal. I couldn't care less. :3
I'd appreciate those people that would help me improve this team though. I've been lacking in my competitive department ever since April this year. ): damn irc

**much thanks to arkeis.com for the sprites.

Last edited:
Years
Hi Zeffy.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

This is a cute Forry set, and I approve of it, while you may be leading with it, I think you should put Toxic Spikes or Volt Switch [to hit Gyarados, Jellicent hard and get out of Magnet Pull] over Stealth Rock, and give SR to Heatran, since Taunt just seems like filler on the Tran-Man.

Keep Life Orb on Rank, doing more damage is all good and fun.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Give the 4 Evs to defensive instead of Special Attack, and Ice Beam over Earthpower, since Water/Ground isn't very good coverage, and smashing Gliscor, Thundurus, Salemence and co is always very nice.

Magnezone needs Flash Cannon, so that Tyranitar doesn't laugh at him, I reccomend putting it over Thunderbolt, since you can still get a powerful electric attack from Charge Beam at +1, and I wanted to keep your SubCharge intact.

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Ughhhh Scrafty, the bane of my stall teams. Firstly, run Drain Punch over HJK, since you're running a huge risk with HJK, because if a Pokemon protects, or it misses, you suicide, and recovery is always nice. Secondly, you may want to consider running Life Orb, since you get recovery from Drain Punch, and Scrafty has a lackluster Base Attack stat, so it can't deal a ton of damage at +1. Also, you NEED Shed Skin, otherwise Status WILL cripple you, Moxie doesn't matter since you have DD anyways.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Well, after testing the team with Karp's changes, I must say that the team has improved. Although, I was having problems with Lati@s so I had to remove Forretress in order to give way for Tyranitar.

Anyways, the recent changes on the team has been applied~

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Id be careful of Haxorus, DD Haxorus really rips your team a new three (not a new one!), especially with Brick Break. Nothing can stop it at all. Also, you have a HUGE MASSIVE weakness to those SD/Sub/Acrobat/EQ Flight Gem Gliscors which are becoming popular. Id look into something faster to help deal with those, which seems to be this teams main problem. Its rather slow.

Also Gastrodon pretty much needs Earth Power to significantly damage certain targets it can check such as foe water types, especially Tentacruel who will set up T-Spikes on your ass all day otherwise. Recover/Ice Beam or Scald/Earth Power/Toxic is the best set imo. Earth Power also hits the annoyance which is Jirachi.

Also i prefer Lum Berry and Moxie on Scrafty with Hi Jump Kick over Drain Punch, ive always swept more like this easier. Drain Punch always seems really weak lol. Up to you though.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Id be careful of Haxorus, DD Haxorus really rips your team a new three (not a new one!), especially with Brick Break. Nothing can stop it at all. Also, you have a HUGE MASSIVE weakness to those SD/Sub/Acrobat/EQ Flight Gem Gliscors which are becoming popular. Id look into something faster to help deal with those, which seems to be this teams main problem. Its rather slow.
I've had problems with Gliscor ever since the start. I've tried countless ways of trying to counter it like sending out Tyranitar/Magnezone for an Earthquake bait and switch in Heatran, hoping that HP Ice will hit. If it has a sub, and Heatran doesn't outspeed, then I'm probably doomed.

As for Haxorus, I've forgotten about it! Although I don't see much Haxorus while laddering, someone pops in with a choice set and the only 'mon that can hopefully bring pain to it.

Ugh, I really need a check for these two. Thoughts anyone?
Also Gastrodon pretty much needs Earth Power to significantly damage certain targets it can check such as foe water types, especially Tentacruel who will set up T-Spikes on your ass all day otherwise. Recover/Ice Beam or Scald/Earth Power/Toxic is the best set imo. Earth Power also hits the annoyance which is Jirachi.
I actually had Earth Power over Scald. But I'll consider Earth Power over Ice Beam.
Also i prefer Lum Berry and Moxie on Scrafty with Hi Jump Kick over Drain Punch, ive always swept more like this easier. Drain Punch always seems really weak lol. Up to you though.
The reason I used Drain Punch is because I wanted to keep the LO, and with that, my only other resort of healing is the HP drain of Drain Punch. And Shed Skin is pretty much what a Lum Berry is, except it doesn't take effect immediately and has multiple uses. But I'll consider Lum Berry, Moxie, and Hi Jump Kick. :3

Back