• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon: Operation Digipedia

Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?

• Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, keep them how they are

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
Hey Epitaph how are you doing. Sounds like you are doing a lot of work on your phone. That sounds like tough work. :(
Remember I really do support your hack and its the first one that I support on my list. If you need any help just pm me, but it sounds like you have a lot of supporters now, so I dont think that I could do that much anymore. :) Talk to you later.

It's not easy, but it's totally worth it. Thanks MrElephant, you're a good friend.

Sounds great Epitaph93 can't wait to see the new sprites.

I'll try to post them soon.

Great arena sprites absolutely love them.

I totally agree. DiamondBlueMoon is a beast at tiles.

Update: I made the team a Dropbox account so we can pool all our resources into one place. I spent today and last night uploading everything there so that no matter what happens the hack will continue. DiamondBlueMoon has accepted to be our newest team member. That makes three of us now. I'll be adding a team section to the OP soon. I've asked stocko to weed out the bugs of the game so that the first release will be a nearly unchanged firered rom. DiamondBlueMoon will probably be our primary tile editor. I'm going to start working on dialogue and continue with stats. I haven't done much with stats in about 2 weeks, so I should probably get on it :P if anyone wants to help me with stats I would appreciate it, because the stats are honestly the main reason we haven't had a release yet. So the sooner we get the stats decided the sooner we can release this thing.

rakireid

UlforceVeedramon Master
Years
Here are some cool sprites

scaled.php

( Kongoumon)

scaled.php

( Shadramon)

scaled.php

( Owlmon)

obtained from here http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=3436.0

Epitaph93

Years
Here are some cool sprites

scaled.php

( Kongoumon)

scaled.php

( Shadramon)

scaled.php

( Owlmon)

obtained from here http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=3436.0

That's actually our primary site for sprites lol

Update: I tallied up how many digimon sprites we have finished and it's about 186, probably a little more though. So I updated the list of digimon and removed a few things from the OP. I added a team section at the beginning and I'll be cleaning up the OP a little more tonight. Stocko is beta testing the hack at the moment and DiamondBlueMoon is doing tiles/OverWorlds. I'm going to put some of my ideas down and figure a couple things out on paper. I'll update with that information in a few days. It has to do with story/events/needed sprites and a few other things.

Edit: I worked on this stuff but I think I'll keep it to myself for now. I don't want to spoil the game too much.

Last edited:

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
I imagine a big problem will be the names of Digimon, as a hack contains only 11 letters (if I remember correctly), then just a few names will be shortened, I liked the idea very cool, I had already seen some hacks with this subject but no continued, hopefully at least get a beta, I just think you should have on your team to make a tilespriter tiles for you.

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
Sounds great Epitaph93 can't wait to see the new sprites.

Hey Qaz, Epitaph asked me to show you the update on some of those sprites. So here you go :)

We have the front OW's of Matt, Joe, Demi-Devimon and Devimon.

Edit: Forgot to click upload :P Here we go now?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
i have been dying to play a pokemon hack featuring digimon. i am easily adding this to my favorites. please dont give up on this. the work youve done so far is amazing and i send you the best in luck. cant wait to test a beta

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Hey Qaz, Epitaph asked me to show you the update on some of those sprites. So here you go :)

We have the front OW's of Matt, Joe, Demi-Devimon and Devimon.

Edit: Forgot to click upload :P Here we go now?

great looking OWs. Lets hope these look good when they are inserted.

Epitaph93

Years
What do you guys think about adding a key item that degenerates your digimon? Say you have a Greymon, but you would rather have a DarkTyrannomon. You would use the Degenerator to change Greymon into Agumon, then dark digivolve Agumon to BlackAgumon, then level him up to DarkTyrannomon. EVs/Moves/Gender would remain in tact. Should I do that or is it a little too much?

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
digimon

If you can get a chance can you read this please coz i think you might like i add to you storyline at the start

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
Honestly i think thats a bit much for now. i like how you have it now how stats effect digivoling and you cant go back. adds a challenge to it and makes you really pay attention to how you raise them. now after a few betas and you have more people behind you on this i would ask this question again. but right now i think that would take away from the charm of raising a bunch a fresh digimon to different digivolutions

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
its not bad. a few things could be added but i like it

i had a look at it school i figure some stuff out like at the end of the elite four and champion u get to fight the dark forces but there is twisted ill wright it up and post on here for u all to look.

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
What do you guys think about adding a key item that degenerates your digimon? Say you have a Greymon, but you would rather have a DarkTyrannomon. You would use the Degenerator to change Greymon into Agumon, then dark digivolve Agumon to BlackAgumon, then level him up to DarkTyrannomon. EVs/Moves/Gender would remain in tact. Should I do that or is it a little too much?

Honestly i think thats a bit much for now. i like how you have it now how stats effect digivoling and you cant go back. adds a challenge to it and makes you really pay attention to how you raise them. now after a few betas and you have more people behind you on this i would ask this question again. but right now i think that would take away from the charm of raising a bunch a fresh digimon to different digivolutions

I think that the item would be a good idea, Epitaph. But I'm also agreeing with codykongdabear because of it removing some of the challenge. Maybe make it so that the item is a one use item and is not too common to come a across? It keeps most of the challenge and still allows you to degenerate.
Rather than being a key item make it just a regular item and you could have some form of puzzle hidden somewhere in each of the towns and the item can be a reward, this limits the number of items to about 8. The item could be in a tomb? Something that does illuminate the "ancient times" as someone said before. The tombs could also link to the main storyline. Maybe even have a secondary storyline that doesn't need to be fulfilled to "complete the game".
Just thought I should share some ideas :)

EDIT: I also thought about maybe it having a bad side effect to the user, something like the degenerated digimon loses some of it's stats (HP, attack, etc) or maybe make it more prone to dark digivolving or something like that.

Last edited:

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Well, maybe the degenerator will turn off the meaning of the slogan: Gotta catch 'em all. :D If you wanna get a new Digimon, you have to catch and train it again.
Anyways, I'm thinking of a story branches. In the middle of the main story, you can go to either Dark Master's side or Digidestined's side. that'll make the story more adventurous!
I made a Digicenter and a Digimart tile :D. I'm attaching a screenshot as soon as stocko input them :D

Epitaph93

Years
Well I was thinking of putting it in as an endgame item so that people could more easily fill the digivice after the full playthrough. But I like stocko's idea about them being rare and challenging to get so that's probably what we'll do. The stats changing might be a bit difficult to implement but I'm sure we could figure it out.

I agree we should have multiple endings DBM. Although it would probably be easier to make a complete central story first, then include branches later on in development. That way players won't have to wait so long for a release that progresses the story.

How do you guys think dark digivolution should affect stats? I was thinking it could increase offense/speed, decrease defense/HP, and increase base exp. I would also like to find a different way to perform dark digivolution. Right now it's done with a stone, but I think it should be more spontaneous than that. Maybe by happiness? But that might conflict with digivolution based on stats/levels.

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
Happiness sounds like the best way to me, Epitaph. It would conflict though, mmm... might have to somehow make it so that happiness outweighs stats, or something along those lines.

rakireid

UlforceVeedramon Master
Years
Well I was thinking of putting it in as an endgame item so that people could more easily fill the digivice after the full playthrough. But I like stocko's idea about them being rare and challenging to get so that's probably what we'll do. The stats changing might be a bit difficult to implement but I'm sure we could figure it out.

I agree we should have multiple endings DBM. Although it would probably be easier to make a complete central story first, then include branches later on in development. That way players won't have to wait so long for a release that progresses the story.

How do you guys think dark digivolution should affect stats? I was thinking it could increase offense/speed, decrease defense/HP, and increase base exp. I would also like to find a different way to perform dark digivolution. Right now it's done with a stone, but I think it should be more spontaneous than that. Maybe by happiness? But that might conflict with digivolution based on stats/levels.

I do not know if this is possible but maybe if it is a certain nature it will dark digivolve say for example if you catch a naughty nature agumon it will dark digivolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back