• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Not Quite Sure...

Homsar_225

A Song From the Sixties
Years
Yeah, so... I'm designing a video game for a PC, but the problem is, I don't know where I can find software to create the game, or even if such a thing exsists. You see, I'm accustomed to making games for the PS2, and I just want to make a game for the computer, but I can't find the software. If anyone has any suggestions on what to use, I'd be very grateful.

PS: If this topic is in the wrong section, I apologize. I just felt is would be most justifiable to put this topic in this thread.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I'll just move this to the main Game Dev area, this area is just for posting tutorials. I wont lock it because I don't think we've ever had a topic like this before, it'll give people a chance to list the programs that they know about.

*Moved*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
Don't listen those aren't exactly the best makers if you can't do a coding language. RPG maker is the best for use when you start.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Sceptile_Master said:
Don't listen those aren't exactly the best makers if you can't do a coding language. RPG maker is the best for use when you start.
Don't listen to him. If you use Verge ika or Sphere you can make a better game. RPGMaker is really limited and takes a long time to do stuff. Just look at Booda's game, it was made in Sphere and is the best fan game so far. And the Pokemon MMORPG is made in C++.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I think he's looking for something a little more advanced than that, or did I get that wrong? He did say that he was more accustomed to making PS2 games so, meh.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Well theres GameMaker...but its crappy. Then last there are programming languages. The fastest for games would be FreeBASIC. Most inovative would be C++(or C). There aren't that many game making programs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
Right then if you are looking more advanced then one of those although RPG maker XP could suit needs of those people too although for some reason if I knew coding I'd use sphere over RMXP. For some reason I never took a huge liking to rmxp.

Back