• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
A bit of a big question, I'll explain it in a form of story.

So let's say there's a Ghost + Dark type pokemon and shedinja in a battle. We'll make Sableye an example. Sableye uses skill swap on shedinja. Bam! He can't be touched now. Can he be affected with Odor Sleuth to make normal and fighting types hit it? Then used any fighting type moves until he dies?

Please answer, or test it if you can.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

So let's say there's a Ghost + Dark type pokemon and shedinja in a battle. We'll make Sableye an example. Sableye uses skill swap on shedinja. Bam! He can't be touched now. Can he be affected with Odor Sleuth to make normal and fighting types hit it? Then used any fighting type moves until he dies?

Neither Sableye or Spiritomb can learn Skill Swap :x

I feel some of my POKeMON's (see Trainer Card below) true battle capacity has been dulled because of the HMs. I only have 1 water POKeMON on my team (POLIWRATH) and he's essentially the water HM *****, which bothers me because I would like to use his FIGHT type in some way with some fight moves... Do you think I should catch another Poliwag and train him to be a battler and less of a story moving element.

POLIWRATH's Moves
Whirlpool
Surf
Waterfall
Hypnosis (the only reason this remains is to make tough catches easier.)

Since you've got all the badges according to your signature, then yeah either remove the HMs or start all over again - Whirlpool being the least necessary buuut its special attack isn't that great so leaving Surf on there wouldn't really achieve much. So in other words, yes swap it for another Poliwag since you have something that can fly and you've used the HMs already.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

After Odor Sleuth/Foresight is used on Sableye, it becomes vulnerable to both Normal and Fighting moves under normal circumstances (Sableye becomes weak to the latter in this case). If Skill Swap is given to this Sableye, then it becomes affected by Fighting moves only.

Edit: Accelgor'd by Nica

Jat

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2013
My Team

So, I have this beast party and wnt to see if any1 thinks its good:

Absol

SWEEPER
Ampharos
SWEEPER
Salamence
? ?
Ludicolo
STALLER
Tyranitar
MIXED
Flygon
SPECIAL SWEEPER

Jat

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2013
My Team

Rate my partial team:
Tyranitar Absol Salamence

Possible others:
Flygon
Ludicolo
Ampharos

PS and ideas for moves on salamence?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Rate my partial team:
Tyranitar Absol Salamence

Possible others:
Flygon
Ludicolo
Ampharos

PS and ideas for moves on salamence?

You should probably ut the levels for your POKeMON. Because other than the species we have nothing to go on.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Neither Sableye or Spiritomb can learn Skill Swap :x

Since you've got all the badges according to your signature, then yeah either remove the HMs or start all over again - Whirlpool being the least necessary buuut its special attack isn't that great so leaving Surf on there wouldn't really achieve much. So in other words, yes swap it for another Poliwag since you have something that can fly and you've used the HMs already.

After Odor Sleuth/Foresight is used on Sableye, it becomes vulnerable to both Normal and Fighting moves under normal circumstances (Sableye becomes weak to the latter in this case). If Skill Swap is given to this Sableye, then it becomes affected by Fighting moves only.

Edit: Accelgor'd by Nica

I know the first quote has been answered by the two above, but I also wanted to add that for some reason Fire Fang is able to pass through Wonder Guard (in gen 4). Also if your opponent has Mold breaker, Teravolt, or Turboblaze, they ignore Wonderguard's ability.

Also this is from Bulbapedia:
Wonder Guard cannot be Skill Swapped or copied by Role Play, but it can be Traced. In addition, Wonder Guard cannot turn into Mummy.

So you can't even Skill Swap Wonder Guard.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
What are the pros and cons of a naive nature

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What are the pros and cons of a naive nature

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

A Naive nature boosts Speed, but lowers Special Defense. This nature is best suited for mixed sweepers like Infernape. The only cons I can think of is that due to the reduced Special Defense, the Pokemon takes slightly more damage from Special attacks and Pokemon with the Download ability (the ones with this ability tend to be Special-based) will get a Special Attack boost.

Here's the full nature list and what stats they affect.

Years
My team

This is my team,
Emboar lvl 100,
Volcarona lvl 73,
Darkrai lvl 60,
Haunter lvl 57,
Reshiram lvl 55,
Riolu lvl 49.
How do you like them? PM me if you want to trade!

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Waitwhat? This section is for getting help with competitive battling. Not to show off your incoherent mixed tier team.

Huzz

Returning Veteran Battler
Years
Im only getting back into the competitive scene now ( Been out for 5 years ) had a 74-2 Record on Pearl but... Im still pretty sure if you want to be called a competitive battler you need a full team of level 100's =p

Jat

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2013
My Tyranitar (Please Rate)

Tyranitar @ Hard Stone Nature: ?
Ability: Sandstream
Moves:
Ancientpower
Thunder
Icebeam
Aerial Ace

Ancientpower is the principle move here mainly at the cause of that Tyranitar gets 90 Power when you calculate STAB and the hard stone gives an added boost which brings this dinasuars Ancientpower power (redundancy, i know) to roughly a sweeper-worthy 108, which is even better than E-Quake and it boosts all of his stats one stage. Thunder is awesome on T-tar because of the sheer power, not to mention the added coverage. Icebeam is another coverage move but with better accuracy. And aerial ace covers him but also never misses, which is useful when you consider how many times you see: sand-attack, double team, minimize or any other accuracy lowering or evasion rising move there is out there. Altogether, when T-tar gets going he isn't likely to be stopped.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
Ancient Power is not very viable competitively, nor is non-Technician Aerial Ace. Thunder should not be used outside of Rain.

Anyway, you should be utilizing Tyranitar's great Attack. I suggest a Choice Scarf for revenge killing and late game sweeping.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature- 252Att/252Spe/4HP
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Aqua Tail/Superpower

Jat

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2013
Okay, thnx for the suggestion but wat do you mean by 'not very viable' and i can't take aerial ace out because of coverage

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Okay, thnx for the suggestion but wat do you mean by 'not very viable' and i can't take aerial ace out because of coverage
"Not very viable" means that the move can't be used effectively. I can state why AncientPower and Aerial Ace aren't viable options:
-AncientPower runs off of Tyranitar's weaker attack stat. It also isn't very strong (at 60 BP, 90 if you take STAB in account). Its side effect of boosting all stats has a low chance of happening (10%)
-While Aerial Ace gives Tyranitar a way for dealing with Grass, Bug and Fighting Pokemon (Breloom, Virizion and Heracross come in mind), it doesn't have much utility outside of that. A neutral Superpower (at 120 BP, no STAB, since Tyranitar isn't Fighting) does as much damage as a supereffective non-STABed Aerial Ace (at the cost of lowering your physical stats, but you can always switch). Superpower also has better coverage and it deals with opposing Steel Pokemon, something that your proposed set has difficulty accomplishing outside of Thunderbolt.

Another possible set here can be used to take advantage of Tyranitar's bulk and relatively wide move pool:
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam/Stone Edge/Superpower
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/64 SAtk/192 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
this is probably the best place to ask this but since i cant figure this out with hidden power calculators

I need to maximize Eelektross hidden power ice effectiveness Currently (salamence looses 35% health and it has 4x weakness to it):
( i am using a Special Eelectross)
HP 21
Attack 12
Defense- 24
Sp. Attack 13
Sp. Defense 17
Speed 15

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
this is probably the best place to ask this but since i cant figure this out with hidden power calculators

I need to maximize Eelektross hidden power ice effectiveness Currently (salamence looses 35% health and it has 4x weakness to it):
( i am using a Special Eelectross)
HP 21
Attack 12
Defense- 24
Sp. Attack 13
Sp. Defense 17
Speed 15

Unfortunately there's no possible way of improving Iv's once the Pokèmon has been caught/given/hatched. You could always learn to RNG and get a perfect Hp Ice 70 Eelektross that way. n__n

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
i can RNG but i don't know the iv spreads

Edit: found then thanks to a guys in pokecheck time to rng :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back