• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon in B2/W2...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
They wouldn't be compatible with BW so that would be kinda odd.. then again if they're sequels I guess it's possible.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
No new Pokemon. Unless this is a whole new region (wow, gen VI already?), I doubt new pokemon will be revealed.

But i am hoping for some new forms. i cannot see any of them having new ones, but hey. GF can be creative at times.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I can't see any new Pokemon being added. I hope we see some new forms though. I'd love a new Basculin form. :3 Even though they're both pointless it'll be nice to have new things. I hope they expand the Pokedex like Platinum did so we can have pre Gen V Pokemon in Unova before the league. Because playing with a team of Unova Pokemon is boring. v_v;;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Weren't there Pokemon that were only obtainable in Platinum and couldn't be sent back? Because if so, that throws the whole backwards compatibility thing out of the window. Think of it, sequel implies "years later" - and who knows, in the same region they could've discovered a few more Pokemon. I mean, it seems totally logical, and knowing Game Freak, there could be a few Pokemon they were hiding from us, and the fact that the hidden/unreleased Pokemon are pretty much being released much quicker than Sinnoh's makes me think that they've got more up their sleeves and this isn't all we're getting.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
If they have new Pokemon, I hope they make more Ice types, for the Ice leader so he can have more than 3 Pokemon.

ALSO, this idea popped into my head just now, what if they bring back the Time Machine?
Remember in Gen 2? You could trade with Gen 1 but only trade Kanto Pokemon. What if they do that? So we could have a few new Pokemon. Just a thought.

Last edited:

zlip

______
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
I really doubt they'll have new pokemon but KYRUEM'S EXTRA FORMS LOOK AWESOME!!!!! It isnt a new generation so there probably won't be and I really don't like how its called B/W 2...it seems kinda gimmicky (Hopefully those are working titles)

Years
I'm not sure. It's the first time two games will be released as a 'third game', so I'm not sure what the differences will be (expect the obvious different Kyurem forms)...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Maybe there can be cameo appearances for new Pokemon in these two games, I highly doubt that there will be new Pokemon available inside of these games. It will be their best bet to save it for the 6th generation.

:t354:TG

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I don't really like the idea of new pokemon introduced mid generation. Just wait until the inception of a new generation for them to be introduced. I'd prefer they just stick with introducing them in anime like Ho-oh, Togepi, Elekid, Dophan, Weavile, Chatot, etc etc. They would just seem out of place introducing new pokies.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
The only thing I could imagine is like a new character who owns a Gen 6 Pokémon that can't be obtained in the game at all, but can be just seen in it's over world sprite. Wouldn't need to be in the Pokédex, wouldn't be able to be captured, therefore wouldn't be able to be transferred over to Black and White

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
The only thing I could imagine is like a new character who owns a Gen 6 Pokémon that can't be obtained in the game at all, but can be just seen in it's over world sprite. Wouldn't need to be in the Pokédex, wouldn't be able to be captured, therefore wouldn't be able to be transferred over to Black and White
This would be cool, except then Gen 6 would be confirmed pretty much and it wouldn't be fun not having to get excited in a mystery of one. Plus I think I'd rather more hints leading towards RS remakes first. :B

I honestly don't think there will be any new Pokémon otherwise this should just be the start of Gen 6. Though I wouldn't know why they would call it B/W2 if that was the case. So I'm thinking we'll get new forms for Pokémon only.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Weren't there Pokemon that were only obtainable in Platinum and couldn't be sent back? Because if so, that throws the whole backwards compatibility thing out of the window. Think of it, sequel implies "years later" - and who knows, in the same region they could've discovered a few more Pokemon. I mean, it seems totally logical, and knowing Game Freak, there could be a few Pokemon they were hiding from us, and the fact that the hidden/unreleased Pokemon are pretty much being released much quicker than Sinnoh's makes me think that they've got more up their sleeves and this isn't all we're getting.

For the Bolded part: No. Only restriction was Giratina holding Grieous Orb cause that Item didn't exist in D/P. If you sent a Rotom in a different Form or Shaymin in its Sky form they'd change back to their original forms. Origin Form Giratina was the only one that couldn't be traded due to it holding an item that didn't exist in the previous games.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
I would totally welcome the idea of introducing a few new Pokemon. 4-6 with no more then 8 introduced. The Pokemon could be "discovered" in game by your character. Or if N comes back from another region he could bring 1 6th gen Pokemon with him. I think the minor addition of a couple Pokemon could do well for the games. But it has to be minimal.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Actually I like the idea above. And these new evolutions don't have to be compatible with BW because let's say that it's the "past" and these Pokemon have not been discovered at that time. Bring on Flying and Dragon Eeveelutions or whatever haha.

Victini

T-They did stop at a really weird number.. 649... and I don't think Kyurem's forms will fill in numbers 650 and 651 unless they count as new Pokemon altogether... and who knows, they might! They are drastically different from the normal idea of "forme", being fusions and all...

I have a feeling that B2/W2 will take place in the future if they truly are sequels. If that's the case, maybe new Pokemon species will come up in that time between the past and future. ~ ♥

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
People seem to be talking a lot about how there couldn't be new pokemon mid generation - but aren't those 'generations' purely fan-talk?

Since Gen 2 was technically a sequel of Gen 1 is there not a possibility that this is Gen 6?

Or failing that - they've already broken the generation rules by releasing 2 sequels/thirds, so why not break another and include new Pokémon? Could be formes, new methods of evolution and New Legendaries wouldn't be too much I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back