• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What is your current team in r/b/y?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well, I'm not far in Yellow atm, however...
Pikachu (11)
Mankey(9)
Metapod (10)

Metapod @ level 10?! Didn't you evolve it unto Butterfree so that it can then learn Confusion? Makes Brock really easy unless you opt to use Mankey and its super effective Low Kick move. Besides... who needs them when you got your trusty Pikachu :). You can beat Brock with Double Team(abuse that move if you can. It learns it at level 15 too), Tail Whip(lower his defense) and then Quick Attack(might take a few hits but -6 to Brock's defense does wonders).

Added Vulpix to my team to have an advantage against Erika later.

I named her ?Phoebe?, since I am fond of Adventure Time.

Sandshrew and Pikachu have evolved, and I properly nicknamed my Gyarados this time.

Vulpix is love, Vulpix is life. Love that Pokemon honestly.

Last edited:

TheGirlThatDoesThings

Ye, y'know, things and stuff.
Years
Metapod @ level 10?! Didn't you evolve it unto Butterfree so that it can then learn Confusion? Makes Brock really easy unless you opt to use Mankey and its super effective Low Kick move. Besides... who needs them when you got your trusty Pikachu :). You can beat Brock with Double Team(abuse that move if you can. It learns it at level 15 too), Tail Whip(lower his defense) and then Quick Attack(might take a few hits but -6 to Brock's defense does wonders).

Vulpix is love, Vulpix is life. Love that Pokemon honestly.

Oops, it's only 9 that's almost level 10. The Mankey is just for Brock then I'm getting arid of him^^

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I have evolved pretty much everyone on my team.

-Venusaur (Groot)
-Gyarados (Triton)
-Ninetales (Phoebe)
-Sandslash (Spike)
-Raichu (Mickey)
-Raticate (Brisby)

I just love nicknames, even if it came at the cost of multiple save files for the devs.

As for my progress so far, I am getting a bunch of Pok?mon at the Safari Zone to get some useful items from Oak?s Aide.

I will train Spike a bit more in order to confront Koga.

Last edited:
Years
Last time I played VC Red, my team was:

nidoqueen.png
persian.png
arcanine.png
poliwrath.png
tangela.png
aerodactyl.png

I tried to balance my old favourites (Nidoqueen, Poliwrath and Aerodactyl) with some new Pok?mon that I wanted to use for a long time.

Years
Last time I played VC Red, my team was:

nidoqueen.png
persian.png
arcanine.png
poliwrath.png
tangela.png
aerodactyl.png

I tried to balance my old favourites (Nidoqueen, Poliwrath and Aerodactyl) with some new Pok?mon that I wanted to use for a long time.

Why tangela in your team?
If you wanted a grass-type, you had choosed bulbasaur as your starter or to catch some in the grass.
I just don't get it.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Oops, it's only 9 that's almost level 10. The Mankey is just for Brock then I'm getting arid of him^^

Eh I?d just use Butterfree if you don?t intend to use Mankey beyond Brock. Just know that your rival?s Eevee is a Normal Type(hence Mankey would be useful in three rival battles) and Rattata, Meowth, Clefairy, Jigglypuff and other Pokemon Mankey would be effective against lie ahead.

Last edited:

LazyIguana

Rock Dweller
Years
My Pokemon Yellow Randomized Nuzlocke team which i finised up with ( None of them died later on, early game was a massacre due to Gen 1 mechanics allowing so much bullshit)

bRock the Nidoking ( A Geodude which evolved into a Nidoking)
Level 49 Cut - Hyper Beam - Rock Throw - Sludge

Spring the Hitmonlee ( Caught as an Hitmonlee)
Level 50 Meditate - Double Team - Hi Jump Kick - Toxic

Flizzy the Charizard ( Evolved from a Gloom)
Level 47 Flamethrower - Fly - Slash - Earthquake

Surpriser the Cloyster ( Evolved from a Haunter turned Pikachu)
Level 49 Surf - Thunder - Ice Beam - Night Shade

Potato the Kabutops ( Caught as such)
Level 49 Strength - Ice Beam - Absorb - Substitute

Spoonfull the Alakazam (Caught as such)
Level 54 Psychic - Thunder Wave - Reflect - Recover

The Elite 4 was rather easy. I kept some safeguards against certain typings and the only difficulty was in early game where Sing was rampant due to some reason and every wild pokemon kept wrapping me. Also Mewtwo was a serious threat till i got Spoonfull who could simply shrug him off while Toxic did its work.

A fun run honestly, after the early 20 Levels.

P.S The Mons had full HM compatibility to avoid getting locked out of progression. I think i only had to abuse that to teach Strength to Potato.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I beat the Elite Four and Champion last night.

This is my final team.

1. BluDiamond the Articuno
Level 57: Blizzard, Ice Beam, Fly, Bubblebeam

2. Spike the Sandslash
Level 47: Cut, Earthquake, Dig, Slash

3. AA-J the Zapdos
Level 52: Thundershock, Drill Peck, Thunder

4. Groot the Venusaur
Level 50: Mega Drain, Toxic, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf

5. Sunset the Moltres
Level 50: Peck, Fire Spin, Sky Attack

6. Triton the Gyarados
Level 46: Blizzard, Hydro Pump, Strength, Surf

Since the level distribution sucks in Victory Road, I decided to catch all three Legendary Birds to help me out. I only struggled with Agatha, due to her Gengar?s Hypnosis rarely missing and hitting very often, as well as a strong Night Shade due to high level.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I beat the Elite Four and Champion last night.

This is my final team.

1. BluDiamond the Articuno
Level 57: Blizzard, Ice Beam, Fly, Bubblebeam

2. Spike the Sandslash
Level 47: Cut, Earthquake, Dig, Slash

3. AA-J the Zapdos
Level 52: Thundershock, Drill Peck, Thunder

4. Groot the Venusaur
Level 50: Mega Drain, Toxic, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf

5. Sunset the Moltres
Level 50: Peck, Fire Spin, Sky Attack

6. Triton the Gyarados
Level 46: Blizzard, Hydro Pump, Strength, Surf

Since the level distribution sucks in Victory Road, I decided to catch all three Legendary Birds to help me out. I only struggled with Agatha, due to her Gengar?s Hypnosis rarely missing and hitting very often, as well as a strong Night Shade due to high level.

Night Shade does a fixed amount of damage(based on level) but Night Shade does jack against any Pokemon with Psychic Typing in Generation 1(hence a Starmie would be impervious to her Ghost moves while giving you some Water Type love as well). Interesting you opted to do the three legendary birds, although I find Moltres? moveset in Generation 1 to outright suck due to no Flamethrower(it?s why I rarely use Ponyta line as well). Combined with Gyrados though, you had 4 Flying Types. If you were on Yellow... rival Jolteon would have carved you up like a knife through hot butter if Sandslash wasn?t available. Not only that but Agatha?s Gengar don?t play games(her level 60 one knows Psychic(which really hurts)).

Years
My current team on Yellow is:
  • Pikachu: L56
  • Venusaur: L55
  • Butterfree: L56
  • Dugtrio: L55
  • Charzard: L55
  • Blastoise: L55

My current team on Blue is:
  • Fearow: L34
  • Electrode (Poke Ball): L34
  • Parasect: L35
  • Kadabra:L36
  • Wartortle: L35
  • Clefairy: L35

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 19, 2018
Replayed Yellow recently, my team was:
Pikachu(obviously)
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
-Thunder Wave
-Body Slam

Nidoking
-Earthquake
-Submission
-Strength
-Rock Slide

Charizard
-Fly
-Flamethrower
-Fire Blast
-Slash

Starmie(MVP)
-Surf
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Snorlax
-Body Slam
-Submission
-Double Edge
-Amnesia

Venusaur
-Razor Leaf
-Body Slam
-Leech Seed
-Toxic

9qaFrkE

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I've just completed my second playthrough of Pokémon Yellow today.

This is my endgame team.

1. Oceania the Lapras
Level 61: Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic, Thunderbolt

2. Ridley the Aerodactyl
Level 40: Wing Attack, Hyper Beam, Fly, Sky Attack

3. Marco the Pikachu
Level 49: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Flash, Submission

4. Star the Clefable
Level 52: Ice Beam, Tri Attack, Fire Blast, Bubblebeam

5. Russell the Sandslash
Level 52: Dig, Slash, Earthquake, Cut

6. Mojo-Jojo the Primeape
Level 41: Low Kick, Submission, Rock Slide, Strength

Aerodactly is situational to use, given how late you receive it, but it does BTFO some Fighting-type trainers if you can pull off Sky Attack and Fly well.

Last edited:
Back