The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Demo Pokémon: Legends of the Arena

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

Old December 15th, 2014 (8:09 AM).

Hello !
    I discovered the game there are 3 days and i really liked the demo. Now im waiting for the following but i tried to find all the hidden things that i could. I actually found 2 legendaries and the master ball but i may be missed something.
    I post it to indicate a lack of rigor in the mapping, a little weird thing and to complain (hell yes i'll cry here !{XD} ) about the slow scrolling text and the slow phase changing (especially in combat when we have to change of pokemon).

In fact, at the right of the lighthouse in the Ironside village, if you use surf to the north, you see black texture.
    I found a weird thing in the same place, the pokemon found there was +/- lvl 60 (my main pokemon level) while it was level +/- 30 when i passed there last time (my main pokemon level) (that applies to Krabby and Kingler in the maze and for the pokemons found in the water to the north) PS: I would like to know if this is scripted to meet a shiny Kingler in the maze or if im just lucky. :)

I thought the speed of the text scrolling was really slow even with the fastest scrolling option. This might make the game boring during the repetitive phase like when you lose in an arena or when you train your pokemons. Idem for the phase changing.

I really liked your game so i you were interested by a free french translation, this'd be a pleasure to make it for you. Just need to ask. {:3}

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 15th, 2014 (9:26 AM). Edited December 16th, 2014 by AlbGallagher.
    Had an argue with his waifu.

Nature: Calm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Shyngan View Post
      Hello !
      I actually found 2 legendaries and the master ball but i may be missed something.
      Well, I actually found 1 and it was a waste of time because I didn't have the luck to catch it. :__)

In fact, I was interested in a spanish translation too. When all the project is done you could ask me for it, Wacky.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
      Old December 17th, 2014 (6:38 PM).

Hello :)

First of all, I've played this game for about 20 hours and I find it really great! I am not really an expert of fan made pokemons games, but this one is truly nice, because I love the idea of a championship, the pokemons we can get are varied, characters have their own personnality, graphics are really nice, it's not easy at all, etc :)

I've found some bugs and things that you can maybe fix:

- When we are surfing and are one step higher than a tree, rock, etc the pokemon "cuts" it: noelshack:com/2014-51-1418869371-legends-of-the-arena-bug-1.png (replace the ":" by "." before the "com", I can't add link for now^^)

-It could be nice to be able to change the keys as we want

-Is it normal that I found only 3 treasures maps? I've searched almost everywhere, can't find the fourth one^^

-Maybe, if you can do that, adding some animations when we attack could be really nice

-You could add a "quest journal", a note page or something like this, just so that we remember who asked us something, who sell particular things, what are we supposed to go in the main quest. (I know that's not really in the personality of pokemon games, but it would be really useful I think)

-Like that I have anything more to say, but when I find something, I'll let you know :p

Two personal questions: when we have the surf HM, can we continue the aventure or is it the end of the demo? If I download a new demo, are all my saves deleted?

Last thing, if you want a french translator I can do it with pleasure! :D (and sorry for my bad english, I hope that you've understood everything^^)
        Old December 18th, 2014 (4:36 AM).
        Developer

Nature: Relaxed
          Hi guys, thanks for all the bug reporting, I'll get those fixed ASAP for the next update.

As for different language translations, I'll definitely consider it. I can't help but wonder if some of the jokes and references might be lost in translation, and I think it would be a lot of work, but I'll consider it nevertheless :)

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Animys View Post
          Two personal questions: when we have the surf HM, can we continue the aventure or is it the end of the demo? If I download a new demo, are all my saves deleted?
          I'm afraid that the Surf HM marks the end of the current demo. But don't worry, your saves should exist in the Saved Games folder, and it definitely will be possible to carry them on to the next update.
          Old December 18th, 2014 (7:53 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by WackyTurtle View Post
            I can't help but wonder if some of the jokes and references might be lost in translation, and I think it would be a lot of work
            Actually, while i was playing, I was wondering which french sentence might replace the english one and I had no real problems to do that. It would take a lot of time of course but your game really deserves it ! ;)
            Old December 18th, 2014 (1:07 PM).
            Had an argue with his waifu.

Nature: Calm
              No doubt it is another language but the meaning is the same right?
              I was thinking the same as Shyngan but I didn't know how to say. (?)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
              Old December 18th, 2014 (9:49 PM).
              Why am I here?

Nature: Quiet
                Just wanna say amazing game!!! Finally finished up to the end of the demo but I missed the apparent legendaries so I'll be looking for those now:).

I found a few bug relating to Surfing (I stood in front of a boat and the surf option came up and I don't think its supposed to:P).

Also I found all 4 treasure map pieces but when I select the map from the key items pocket the option to view it isn't there. Though I found the X mark on the map and claimed the treasure but it took awhile.

Ill post if I find anything else.
                Great story, great characters, great game! Can't wait for the next version.
                Old December 20th, 2014 (12:05 PM).

Hi! Absolutely adore the game so far. I was just wondering if squirtle or eevee is anywhere in the game? Blastoise and vaporeon are my favorite water types.

I see a red door and I want it painted black...No colors anymore, I want them to turn black...With flowers and my love, both never to come back...;-; -Rolling Stones
                  Old December 21st, 2014 (3:10 PM).

Hello, I've just finished the new demo and it's great, particularly the Lapras Lounge scene :).
                    I'm wondering if you can evolve Nosepass yet...

Old December 21st, 2014 (4:01 PM).
                    Developer

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jean mi View Post
                      Hello, I've just finished the new demo and it's great, particularly the Lapras Lounge scene :).
                      I'm wondering if you can evolve Nosepass yet...
                      Yep, you can. Give Nosepass the Metal Coat and it'll evolve when it levels up.

A complete list of the changed evolutions can be found here.
                      Old December 21st, 2014 (4:06 PM).

Hey WackyTurtle ! Thanks bro' for your job ! its very amazing your game, ans its a pleasure to play ! it's only been four days that i play and i love it !
                        i have some question for you: 1) After beating Max at Marsch Town, is it the end of demo ?
                        2) if no, what we supposed to do ? because i'm blocked after Max battle !

ps: Sorry for misspelling, i'm not good in english i'm French :)
                        Old December 23rd, 2014 (12:32 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by WackyTurtle View Post
                          Yep, you can. Give Nosepass the Metal Coat and it'll evolve when it levels up.

A complete list of the changed evolutions can be found here.
                          Thanks for the info but I didn't find any metal coat yet, did I miss one ?

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by slk95
                          1) After beating Max at Marsch Town, is it the end of demo ?
                          2) if no, what we supposed to do ? because i'm blocked after Max battle !
                          It's nearly the end, you can get Surf from the Captain at the entrance of Marsh Town which allows you to explore a few hidden places. You're supposed to surf north of Salt Spring City but some Wailmers block the way, telling you it's the end of the demo.

Old December 23rd, 2014 (2:22 PM).

okay thanks Jean mi, I didn't found the metal coat too.. But I found other stuff to evolve some pokemon! And I found 2 legendary pokemon and the masterball and thanks to WackyTurtle, I catched swampert.
                            For the next demo can u put charizard please :P
                            Old December 23rd, 2014 (4:16 PM).
                            Developer

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Jean mi View Post
                              Thanks for the info but I didn't find any metal coat yet, did I miss one ?
                              It's in the Ruins of Almoor, you have to go down the trapdoor by Raikou.
                              Old December 25th, 2014 (9:08 AM).

I'm making progress, I found a metal coat, the problem is that my Nosepass still won't evolve when I level it up while wielding the metal coat :(.

Old December 30th, 2014 (12:03 PM). Edited December 30th, 2014 by Maruno.

Hi! First, Thanks to the creator! The Game is sincerely amazing!
                                  Old January 3rd, 2015 (7:51 PM). Edited January 3rd, 2015 by RealPKMNMaster.

I love your game so far. Its a bit laggy here and there, and i found some errors/glitches but it seems some people already pointed them out. But im also wondering, I am training my male Kirlia, is there, by any chance, a dawn stone you can get some point in the game? I would like to know before i allow my kirlia evolve to a Gardevoir. So if you could reply quickly, i would be very grateful. But a really good job on this game :) (and if there is a point in time where you can get a dawn stone, where may you get it?)
                                    Old January 5th, 2015 (2:53 PM).
                                    Developer

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by RealPKMNMaster View Post
                                      I love your game so far. Its a bit laggy here and there, and i found some errors/glitches but it seems some people already pointed them out. But im also wondering, I am training my male Kirlia, is there, by any chance, a dawn stone you can get some point in the game? I would like to know before i allow my kirlia evolve to a Gardevoir. So if you could reply quickly, i would be very grateful. But a really good job on this game :) (and if there is a point in time where you can get a dawn stone, where may you get it?)
                                      You get it once you complete the sidequest in Chapter 5, where you retrieve the evidence for the guy at the docks.
                                      Old January 7th, 2015 (5:05 AM).

Hi, i would like to know, when the next uptade will coming ? :)
                                        Old January 7th, 2015 (6:14 AM).
                                        Developer

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by ThePapeYeku View Post
                                          Hi, i would like to know, when the next uptade will coming ? :)
                                          When it's done. Sorry if that sounds curt, but every time I promise a release date I never stick to it, so I'd rather just pleasantly surprise everyone by releasing it without warning :)
                                          Old January 8th, 2015 (3:05 PM).

Okay! Don't worry i understand :) Thanks! :)
                                            Old January 23rd, 2015 (9:27 PM).
                                            brianwee2012 brianwee2012 is offline

Is there gen 5 or 6 pokemon introduced.
                                              Is there going to be mega evo implemented?
                                              Can we get the hidden abilites of the pokemon?
                                              Old January 26th, 2015 (10:33 AM).
                                              WackyTurtle WackyTurtle is offline
                                              Developer

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by brianwee2012 View Post
                                                Is there gen 5 or 6 pokemon introduced.
                                                Is there going to be mega evo implemented?
                                                Can we get the hidden abilites of the pokemon?
                                                1. Nope, not until some Generation IV-style backsprites become available.
                                                2. Same as above, although there will be boss battles with Mega Pokémon. More to come on that soon.
                                                3. There's no dream world as such, but I plan to implement an NPC who can change Pokémon abilities (assuming that's possible of course).
                                                Old January 28th, 2015 (2:34 PM).

Awesome game. I really have enjoyed it thus far. Keep up the good work, and excited for the update.
                                                  Old January 31st, 2015 (3:02 AM).
                                                  bojanssen123 bojanssen123 is offline

I'm really digging this game so far, I can't wait to play it completely. The talking Slowking idea...just wow. Although I do want to add, the bottom-right screenshot, I don't really like what that hiker says, we're not that bad. But anyways great game, keep it up!

Quick Reply