• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Firered] Choice of any starter from gens 1-3?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 21, 2019
I would like to add the choice of any one starter from gens 1-3. I would like to have my rival choose the type advantaged starter from the same gen.
Example for clarity:
Choose between Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Chikorita (lol), Totodile, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Mudkip, Torchic.
Say I choose Cyndaquil.
Rival then chooses Totodile as a result.
Say I choose Torchic.
Rival then chooses Mudkip as a result.

I presume it's just a flag system like if PLAYER chose THIS, then RIVAL chooses THIS.
I'm not really sure how to implement this, or how to tie in pathing for rivals choice.
Any help pointing me into the correct direction is greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 27, 2020
This is a good idea, and I'd be interested in playing this, but I'm not sure how to implement this. I would study the game you plan on hacking. Maybe look at the script that's already there and what happens when certain Pokemon are chosen. That way, maybe you could find a way to simply extend that script instead of trying to write a new one from scratch. That would be the only thing I could advise. I hope you find what you're looking for!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 21, 2019
This is a good idea, and I'd be interested in playing this, but I'm not sure how to implement this. I would study the game you plan on hacking. Maybe look at the script that's already there and what happens when certain Pokemon are chosen. That way, maybe you could find a way to simply extend that script instead of trying to write a new one from scratch. That would be the only thing I could advise. I hope you find what you're looking for!

I'm not quite to ready to start trying to figure that out, but if I can't get that to work oh well. I have a new idea that I might like better. Thanks for the feedback!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 27, 2020
I'm not quite to ready to start trying to figure that out, but if I can't get that to work oh well. I have a new idea that I might like better. Thanks for the feedback!

It's possible that this may be easier than it sounds. It might just be the case of copying and pasting current code and then changing the pokemon names to the starters you want. But it also may be way harder lol I don't exactly know everything or even a lot about this stuff.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
That u want to do is very easy, theres a tool for that if u specifically want to change the starters or u can manipulate the vars used for starters to set them to a certain pokemon, thats a pretty good idea u just gave me, thanks

Back