• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Two Familiar Faces Appear in the Pokémon Sun and Moon Anime!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Definitely a nice surprise! Quite nice to see them back even if only for a couple episodes, and +1 to what someone previously mentioned about hopefully seeing other old characters (yesss Gary pls)

re: the art style - I think main reason it looks odd is because we're used to seeing them as they were before, and we've seen them that way for so many years. So not that the designs are bad, just that they're different and because we aren't used to them like this it strikes us as odd or 'unpleasant'.

Years
Yeah, this was unexpected! tbh I'm really looking forward to see Ash's old Pokemon too! Also, it's a surprise to see Mega Evolutions, it probably won't happen but it would be awesome if Ash could Mega Evolve one of his Pokemon at the lab!

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Weedle, congratulations, you finally got Misty returning.

I'm actually pretty shocked...I never saw Misty and Brock returning actually happening. I'm happy w/Misty in this new art style, too. She actually looks her age, tbh.

Years
Yeah, this was unexpected! tbh I'm really looking forward to see Ash's old Pokemon too! Also, it's a surprise to see Mega Evolutions, it probably won't happen but it would be awesome if Ash could Mega Evolve one of his Pokemon at the lab!

I do hope Ash gets the opportunity to use Mega Evolution since he does have a few Pokemon that have access to it, such as Charizard, Glalie, Heracross and Sceptile.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Well, guess I have to catch up on the 20 or so episodes I've missed.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
Satoshi is returning to his hometown, the one that appeared in the movie?!
Satoshi is reuniting with his friends in his hometown?! Is his journey in Alola already over?!

It can't be?!
Is his journey towards becoming a Pokémon Master over?!
Of course it isn't! He's come to the Kanto region as part of an extracurricular class at the Pokémon School!

His friends and Pokémon from the Kanto region appear!!
He'll meet the friends and Pokémon he competed against in the past, too!
(blurb: They're both Nassy, but they look THIS extremely different)

Takeshi:
Satoshi's friend, whose goal it is to become a Pokémon Doctor.

Kasumi:
A girl whose specialty is Water Pokémon!

Satoshi:
Currently on an adventure with a dream of befriending every single Pokémon!!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Never thought I'd see the day Ash's original companions will return, but remember that the anime is celebrating 20 years since its first run, so of course they'll bring them back for a limited number of episodes.

Also, again with the alternate Ash talk? It was mentioned that Misty and Brock have Mega Evolutions, which means XY and XYZ are canon, and Serena has already won the Ashbowl for all the desperate Pokeshippers who wish that wasn't canon.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Interesting to say the least with Ash going on a trip back home. In the last episode(I'll have to rewatch it with decent subs to verify it) but it was mentioned school was ending. Something tells me it's "Summer vacation" from school and once it's over, he will go back to finish what he started(it wouldn't make sense one bit for the series to be over already). In the meantime, he goes back home, runs into some old friends with Mega Evolution in tow. One wonders if Professor Sycamore isn't involved in some manner.

Plus if they're bringing Misty back, odds are other companions are in the works. May will be interesting considering the status of her VA(and the fact her Blaziken can Mega Evolve) but the rest won't be too difficult. A bit soon for Serena frankly but it couldn't hurt.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
Interesting to say the least with Ash going on a trip back home. In the last episode(I'll have to rewatch it with decent subs to verify it) but it was mentioned school was ending. Something tells me it's "Summer vacation" from school and once it's over, he will go back to finish what he started(it wouldn't make sense one bit for the series to be over already). In the meantime, he goes back home, runs into some old friends with Mega Evolution in tow. One wonders if Professor Sycamore isn't involved in some manner.

Plus if they're bringing Misty back, odds are other companions are in the works. May will be interesting considering the status of her VA(and the fact her Blaziken can Mega Evolve) but the rest won't be too difficult. A bit soon for Serena frankly but it couldn't hurt.

No, it's a class field trip.

And Gen 7 is filled with Kanto pandering, so don't expect any other companions, this is just a one-time thing. And Serena literally can't come back due to the kiss.

Last edited:
Years

I can't believe they're ending the school prematurely like this, but then the question will be if it means Ash will separate from the Alola group early unlike previous regional groups at the end of their run.

I do think that bringing back Brock and Misty now may be potential setup for the other companions returning (since they all did appear in M20's credits). As for May, I know she had a different VA in the anime-style OR/AS trailer (her name was Kana Hanazwa iirc) so there's a chance she could be the one who replaces KAORI. I do hope May shows up, since I would like to see her in the OR/AS outfit outside of said trailer.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
School isn't over, Ash's trip to Kanto is part of an extracurricular class just like the trip to Akala was.

Which means Lillie and the others are coming too, most likely.

Last edited:
Years
School isn't over, Ash's trip to Kanto is part of an extracurricular class just like the trip to Akala was.

Which means Lillie and the others are coming too, most likely.

Figured it would be so, since it's a field trip thing. Still annoyed that 7th Gen is continuing 6th Gen's trend of Kanto pandering, but even more than how much 6th Gen did.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
As people have stated, he is only going to Kanto for a few episodes for a class project. Alola isn't over. His schooling isn't over. Misty and Brock probably won't be around for the rest of the saga either. It will probably only be around 3 to 7 episodes.

They probably brought Mega Evolution up because they don't have Z-Crystals in Kanto, not to mention you have to do a trial. Steelix is Brock's stronger while Garaydos is Misty's strongest pokemon, so it makes sense that they can Mega evolve.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Figured it would be so, since it's a field trip thing. Still annoyed that 7th Gen is continuing 6th Gen's trend of Kanto pandering, but even more than how much 6th Gen did.

I did say I could be wrong on the school ending as the subs I was watching weren't all that great. What did they do in XY that was considered Kanto pandering? The backstory involving Ash and Serena at Professor Oak's Summer camp or something else? They did kind of pander to DP with the Piplup at the Aquarium but I've been going through all the XY episodes trying to find where they deliberately are trying to stir up memories of Kanto. Meh w/e let's focus on the here and now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
As people have stated, he is only going to Kanto for a few episodes for a class project. Alola isn't over. His schooling isn't over. Misty and Brock probably won't be around for the rest of the saga either. It will probably only be around 3 to 7 episodes.

They probably brought Mega Evolution up because they don't have Z-Crystals in Kanto, not to mention you have to do a trial. Steelix is Brock's stronger while Garaydos is Misty's strongest pokemon, so it makes sense that they can Mega evolve.

More like two episodes. The magazine talks about "new developments" next issue.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years

School was ending for the day. The Kanto visit is extra curricular.

edit think i was ninja'd

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
You just know Misty is going to make some joke about Ash having to go to school now.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Weedle, congratulations, you finally got Misty returning.

I'm actually pretty shocked...I never saw Misty and Brock returning actually happening. I'm happy w/Misty in this new art style, too. She actually looks her age, tbh.

Maybe she does look her age, but the art shift still doesn't suit Ash, and personally, I still prefer the old art style.

And while I am glad that we may have gotten Misty to return, hopefully for good, I'll hold off until we get more details about whether it's permanent or not, not to mention whether Misty's actually going to go on her Water Pokémon Master goal even if she doesn't actually return to the main cast, before I can truly declare victory, meaning I'll probably get petition signatures at Dragon Con at the very least in the meantime, just in case. Best to have a fallback strategy in case it turns out it isn't actually a victory after all.

Satoshi is returning to his hometown, the one that appeared in the movie?!
Satoshi is reuniting with his friends in his hometown?! Is his journey in Alola already over?!

It can't be?!
Is his journey towards becoming a Pokémon Master over?!
Of course it isn't! He's come to the Kanto region as part of an extracurricular class at the Pokémon School!

His friends and Pokémon from the Kanto region appear!!
He'll meet the friends and Pokémon he competed against in the past, too!
(blurb: They're both Nassy, but they look THIS extremely different)

Takeshi:
Satoshi's friend, whose goal it is to become a Pokémon Doctor.

Kasumi:
A girl whose specialty is Water Pokémon!

Satoshi:
Currently on an adventure with a dream of befriending every single Pokémon!!

First of all, what's "Nassy"?

Second of all, based on the blurb mentioning Pokémon from his past, does that also mean we'll finally get Ash actually MEETING with Pidgeot after about two decades after he said he would meet him?

Back